TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't LR use the same type of launching system as Maverick at CP? Maverick's magnets are only turned on for the brief time that the train is on them, then they turn off. Maybe that would help LR work better if they aren't already running that way.

I don't believe the downtime is due to overheating.. everytime i have been in the park and it goes down they continue to run it. This would not allow time to cool..

I bet they are still just changing parts

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They were working on the other train below the station. I saw a few boxes that looked like they were from parts. Only not really sure what the "tone up" is for. I believe it's just because they want to check everything. They sent out four empty trains, then one with a worker on it then reopened it.

What time do the parking lot trams start running?

As I recall ~ 1hr before opening. Except on pass holder early entry days, then I think they start an 2 hours before general opening (one hour before pass holders can get in)

At least in the past, I've gotten in the lot 1hr before opening (not on a pass holder early entry day) and the trams were running.

Last few times they've let people through the gates too, with ropes at a few places to keep people from the rides.

Back in June, I was in line at LR 10 minutes before the park opened, and the line was already back to the bridge towards River Rampage. None of Jukebox Junction was roped off then. You probably couldn't get up Craftsman's Valley though or to the Country Fair, or Owen's Farm areas. The next day at the same time there was a rope at the top of Timber Canyon so you couldn't get to Thunderhead (normal before opening).

Just back from the park.

Park is gorgeous. I can't even imagine what this park looks like for their Christmas event. There were a few showers that rolled in throughout the day, but that didn't stop me. The asphalt throughout the park really didn't help with the heat and humidity.

Lightning rod: 1x. This coaster is a win. The airtime you get is unbelievable. The Coaster doesn't let up at all. The over bank turns are incredible. Definitely a top coaster in my book.

Wild Eagle: 3x. This was a pretty good coaster. The lift is nice using the mountain. The views are beautiful as well. I'll take gatekeeper over wild eagle anyway.

Mystery Mine: 1x. Wow was this one a surprise! Did not expect those two drops and ending! Good coaster here!

Firechaser Express: 1x. Pretty decent ride. It was enjoyable. Nothing to wowing.

Tennessee Toronto: 1x. Not that bad of a ride. The layout is really cool.

Thunderhead unfortunately closed at 9 due to the fireworks.

20160705_162701.thumb.jpg.6b10bbea493bd1917fb2e19ac13bcead.jpg

20160705_140623.thumb.jpg.45cf7dc72395899965c3b0541cdc9485.jpg

20160705_192945.thumb.jpg.bd824996db23a7f36f17c41efdd229d7.jpg

20160705_195755.thumb.jpg.ac0b8c10157b052decae360076e0994a.jpg

20160705_213957.thumb.jpg.e493524925117a0ecf0bfb5594f3cc53.jpg

20160705_214056.thumb.jpg.8b0111e8cfaeab8b247bba56fbb35241.jpg

Congrats on getting on LR, mordecai-75!! Great story! I've waited in similar situations for coasters before and it's been worth it especially after many failed attempts. Can't wait to get on it someday myself, still hoping for the end of July!

Thanks, i wish you the best of luck in your attempt.

Somebody I follow on Twitter just reported that LR has been running with 2 trains and no delays so far today.

Isn't it a little early in the day to be excited about the coaster not having delays yet??

Somebody I follow on Twitter just reported that LR has been running with 2 trains and no delays so far today.

Isn't it a little early in the day to be excited about the coaster not having delays yet??

They didn't have their first delay until about 1:15 yesterday. So give it time.

They didn't have their first delay until about 1:15 yesterday. So give it time.

If they were running at park open and and went til after 1, that's 3+ hours. Better than in the past where an hour or two was the best they managed.

Wild Eagle: 3x. This was a pretty good coaster. The lift is nice using the mountain. The views are beautiful as well. I'll take gatekeeper over wild eagle anyway.

I haven't ridden Wild Eagle, but I'm sure the views from it are just as amazing as the views from Gatekeeper, or Wildfire at SDC.

Because I know there are those of us who care.... Anyone know exactly how many times LR broke down today, and exactly how many trains it was running at any given moment??

This is an asinine ask.

The anxiety in the thread over this coaster is off the charts. If anyone is this concerned about how the coaster is running on a daily basis, just save yourself the grey hairs and wait until next year.

Much to everyone's chagrin, I am one of the few people who appreciate - and check for - the constant Lightning Rod updates, as I have a Dollywood trip planned in a week and a half, and "just wait until next year!" isn't really an option.

So if any Illuminati members or secret lizard people have Zionist insider information on LR operations, I'm one of the folks who appreciate it

^I agree. I appreciate insight on the progress of operations.

I went last weekend for four days and probably wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the updates in this thread being in my favor. I went, and ops were on and off with one train and many delays, but I got in 5 rides and loved it! I can't wait to go back again as soon as the ops are consistent.