TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

A friend of mine who lives in Knoxville said she was in Pigeon Forge today and was at Friday's behind a couple DW workers and overheard them talking about a soft opening on Friday. So maybe #ItWillOpen

I can't help but be reminded of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

You know, I need to get to Dollywood, so I could actually try the world famous cinnamon bread. It's actually on my bucket lists of food I need to have before I die. Screw the coaster as long as it doesn't affect the cinnamon bread.

#itllneveropen

A friend of mine who lives in Knoxville said she was in Pigeon Forge today and was at Friday's behind a couple DW workers and overheard them talking about a soft opening on Friday. So maybe #ItWillOpen

Good to hear there might be hope for my trip. #ItMightOpen

We only trust Dippin' Dots workers here

#sourceisntdippindots

#eatingdippindotsdoesntcount

#itllneveropen

^

The last two months of posts in this thread will be an interesting and slightly concerning read when we all look back a few years from now.

Lightning Rod better open soon for the sake of our sanity (or what little we all have left of it).

I mean, what's holding them back at this point from opening? They've fixed the launch apparently since some people have been able to ride, and testing has reportedly been going on for ages now... If we're making bets, I'd go ahead and say the rumors of a soft opening this weekend will end up being true. If not this weekend, then the next. Maybe they'll do a true "grand opening" for Memorial Day weekend.

I mean, what's holding them back at this point from opening? They've fixed the launch apparently since some people have been able to ride, and testing has reportedly been going on for ages now... If we're making bets, I'd go ahead and say the rumors of a soft opening this weekend will end up being true. If not this weekend, then the next. Maybe they'll do a true "grand opening" for Memorial Day weekend.

That's what I'm saying. Devin Olson also posted another picture on Instagram from the cabins, so he's been at the park again today. Something somewhere is about to happen. I'm just ready to see something as I'm sure all of us are. I mean I'll be down probably around Memorial Day and again in June/July, but I'll be happy with seeing it and people enjoying it.

If we're making bets, I'd go ahead and say the rumors of a soft opening this weekend will end up being true. If not this weekend, then the next. Maybe they'll do a true "grand opening" for Memorial Day weekend.

#ItllNeverOpen

If we're making bets, I'd go ahead and say the rumors of a soft opening this weekend will end up being true. If not this weekend, then the next. Maybe they'll do a true "grand opening" for Memorial Day weekend.

#ItllNeverOpen

#ItllopenREALsoon

#ItllopenREALsoon

Don't do it!!! Don't fall into the trap of believing Dolly. She has a way to magically charm you with her giant. . . "lollipops." She'll make you believe anything. . .

#ItllNeverOpen

"Now c'mon fellas!

What's with all this fussin' going on? Yeah, we has us a little 'ol fire yesterday, but we had that meth la. . . uh. . . tool shed, back up and running in no time!

Y'all just be patient. There ain't never been a Rod 'ol Dolly hasn't been able to get up and running yet, and I'll lick this one eventually!

Keep dreaming your dreams y'all!"