TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

If you guys can see it, after the LSM's you'll see there is a little space then there is some more that are either more LSM's or trims. Can you tell? I hope they aren't trims right after the launch :/ I didn't realize the area would have an actual street look to it now and I love it! I know Pete said it would look like you're walking on the streets on Sevierville, but I didn't know he meant literally. The area looks so much better!!!

^I think you're right. It's probably some sort of brake that is only engaged if it's sensed that the train is going too slow, so rather that letting the train go over the first hill too slow and risk a roll back later in the course, it slows the train enough to force a roll back, and the launch can give it another go.

Love how this thing really look like roads whipping through the mountain. I love how this coaster is "themed" with any real theming elements -just these "hot rod" cars hugging the terrain and twisting like they will replicates the look like no "themed" ride would.

The closer you get up to the quad down the hard it is to see being its so low. It honestly looks like the twisting roads do as you drive out towards Dolly's house or anywhere out away from the Pigeon Forge area. Those roads back that way are pretty much a constant up and down side to side manner. I can hear Dolly referencing something like that in her childhood during the media event.

Seeing all the pics being posted is really getting me excited for my first ever trip to Dollywood mid April. I'm sure the ride will be open by then but if not... I don't think I will mind making a second trip. From what I'm seeing I think this park may turn into a every other year treat for me!

The Quadruple down!!!

This is possibly going to be the single best coaster-element in the world.

I also love how the upwards-swoop into the station looks.

And the launched hill over the first drop into a second bigger drop, with airtime over both... into that large banked turn.... I can't wait to see how if this thing actually rides as good as it does the concept.

The closer you get up to the quad down the hard it is to see being its so low. It honestly looks like the twisting roads do as you drive out towards Dolly's house or anywhere out away from the Pigeon Forge area. Those roads back that way are pretty much a constant up and down side to side manner. I can hear Dolly referencing something like that in her childhood during the media event.

Yes. The roads in this area are amazing. I highly recommend taking some sort of fun to drive car to the region, if you have one available. I actually had just as much fun driving my Subaru from A-B during our trip as I did at Dollywood.

There are even some fun muddy roads if you're into that kind of thing:

Edited by prozach626

From Instagram Mystery Mine got stuck with people on the trestle right before the drop, so the ole mine is already off to a bumpy start. Is it just me or does Mystery Mine have a bit of down time throughout seasons? I mean I love the coaster to death but usually when I go through out the year it's getting stuck somewhere. I have actually gotten stuck on the brakes before the second lift.

Yes next time we are down we are actually gonna spend an evening just traveling the roads out past Dollywood. There are roads here near my house that are like the non inverting loop is supposed to mimmic. We call them "kiss your ass curves" but they aren't normal curves, they're usually blinded by the mountain side, banked, and you're going up hill.

image.jpeg.65efb6801f2c390050589e8459c534b0.jpeg

Kinda like this one, but a bit more banked. Yes it's possible.

Mystery Mine always has issues but so does any coaster of that style that I have seem

BTW shame on you Dollywood for the "hidden" $2 fee for easy 2play now!! I was meaning to post this a few days back when I renewed but I didn't see any mention of the fee until I had to click the box on the contract..

Please don't tell me you are going to start nickle and dimeing us like other parks!!

EDIT: Ok after looking over the Season Ticket ordering page there is a section of small print at the bottom that says $2 fee per pass for easy to play. BUT it is small and the "Contract" page says "Finance Charge" $0.. I know, it's just a two dollar fee but the way its hidden surprises me from a place like Dollywood! And I do know this fee is new.. $2 isn't nothing to finance though BUT it's the principle that got me

Edited by dstephe9

So, do we start the speculation for the drop tower at timber towers old spot again? Or is DW going to shock us all again with ANOTHER coaster installation? I mean seriously, they are putting in new coasters like crazy, and that is not a bad thing! lol!

This is kinda random, but while riding Tennessee Tornado on season passholder day a ride op was in the back car with us. While going up the lift, me and my family members were discussing how much we love the ride but it would be so much better if it was a bit longer. (I know that can be said about any coaster, but this one really applies) So, the ride op starts telling us that the reason for that is when the were putting in the footers for the ride they ran into what he called a "ground split" and had to modify the ride from original layout to prevent the supports from slowly sinking. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or was this guy just full of poo?

So, do we start the speculation for the drop tower at timber towers old spot again? Or is DW going to shock us all again with ANOTHER coaster installation? I mean seriously, they are putting in new coasters like crazy, and that is not a bad thing! lol!

It is surprising how Dollywood has installed 3 roller coasters in the last 4 years. Like you said, that's not a bad thing at all!

I've never been to Dollywood (I NEED to get there!), but a drop tower does seem like an important ride they are lacking. I'd LOVE to see a Falcon's Fury type...imagine the views!

A drop tower there has been my theory for years and I have mentioned it a few times in this thread.. Dollywood has a "plan" for that area or they would have tore it down already imo.. So I second the drop tower guess BUT NOW when will it be built? haha

Also, last year a spokesperson for Dollywood said they won't be doing anymore coasters for a while but who knows how true that will be

Edited by dstephe9