TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What would rides be like on the moon?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if you had to choose a current coaster on earth.....to be built out of cheese.....on the moon....which coaster would you build?

Psycho Mouse at PGA of course! It would confuse the xanttans because they like cheese, and if Psycho Mouse was made of cheese, it would act opposite of the station themeing witch would make it be not cheesy on a moon made of cheese so it really would be cheese, but not really.

Stupid Xanttans and NWG!!

P.S. can this be a sticky?

seriously though... I would put SheiKra on the moon... just to satisfy curiosity.

Wow, yeah. I wonder how long you'll hang over the edge for?

--Robb "I hope they serve cheese on that ride!" Alvey

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You could bribe a small army of (they would have to be fairly well trained and space savy) mice with the free cheese (possibly a medium stilton or a duch hard cheese like leardammer) into pushing the trains around the circuit.

Paulos the 'maybee I'm looking to far into this' Jackal.

OK, I seriously doubt the insanity of the posters in this thread, regardless of the odd levels of cheese.

My queries are these:

Would a zero-g roll still give zero g's? Would the element need to be re-engineered due to the lower speeds?

Are we talking about cheeses like Goudas and Gorgonzolas, or more like Colby's and Cheddars?

Could you LIM launch a coaster train fast enough to escape the moon's gravity field? How about just place the coaster train in orbit?

How high would a drop need to be to use a large crater (say 1 mile across) for a helix outer wall? It could be like Dragon Mountain, with completed theming!

OK, I seriously doubt the insanity of the posters in this thread, regardless of the odd levels of cheese.

Really, I doubt the Sanity of all the posters (including myself)

My queries are these:

Would a zero-g roll still give zero g's? Would the element need to be re-engineered due to the lower speeds?

Are we talking about cheeses like Goudas and Gorgonzolas, or more like Colby's and Cheddars?

Could you LIM launch a coaster train fast enough to escape the moon's gravity field? How about just place the coaster train in orbit?

With the change in gravity we would probably need a NASA scientist to tell us the REAL answers.

Anyway I have just been talking to some mice and they said it is feasible to build with cheese but it would have to a mixture of Goudas Gorgonzolas and Cheddars - they didn't know what a Colby was incedentally. This would give a solid structure.

As for a LIM launch, that might work, but the mice did worry because you would need a mountain of cheese....

My queries are these:

Don't mix gravity with speed. For a given Z-G (taken from an earth coaster) you'll have to go way slower to keep floating. For having a Moon-Z-G travelled at earthly speeds, you'll have to enlarge it a lot... (you should be able to get 20-30 seconds of floater then, probably with half a dozen of relaxed rotations!)

In theory: Maybe. Escape velocity on the moon is ~2300m/s =~ 8300kmh =~ 5150mph. LIM lenght for an acceleration of 4G will be approx. 67km (~42miles) and acceleration will last about a whole minute (~59s). But you might not feel comfortable with that.

How high would a drop need to be to use a large crater (say 1 mile across) for a helix outer wall? It could be like Dragon Mountain, with completed theming!

IMO you are messing gravity with centripetal force. while the first is significantly lower on the moon, any centripetal acceleration will be the very same for a given speed & radius. Banking will even be a bit steeper than on earth. The "boredomness" of any helix one mile across would not change at all IMO.

8)

Will strictly depend on the nationality of the astronauts/tourists! Enormous Efforts already have been undertaken to provide an according variety of fresh supplies

cheesy regards...

• 1 month later...

my history teacher said the calender is 4 years behind

i belive it could end any day and will probably be because the sun stops burning

anyway back on topic i think because there isn't much positive g's the airtime won't be that good