TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I am after a bit of advice please. I will be travelling through St Louis this summer between SDC and Holiday World and was wondering whether this park is worth a short visit? Bearing in mind that we are going to the two Texas Six Flags parks and SF Great America on the trip and some of the rides look pretty similar here. It would also have to be on a Saturday on August so I'm unsure if it's worth it really.

Thanks a lot.

I went there on a Sumday in late august and the only big wait was justice league(when it works). Looks like the majority of the rides are at the one's you're aleady going to, but considering it's directly where you'd be driving(assuming you're using I-44), Id say go for it.

^ Wild, unsubstantiated rumors from Screamscape:

2017 - New Coaster - Rumor - (2/3/16) Is Silver Dollar City planning a major new coaster for 2017? According to a few rumors this may be the case, though exactly what style coaster they might get isn't entirely know. The park currently has one B&M coaster (Wildfire) which is a standard Sit Down steel looping coaster, so there are many fun options to choose from that could put the park's terrain to good use as a Hyper, Wing or even large Inverted coaster would fit in quite nicely.

It has often been said that B&M does often sell their coasters with a 250 mile exclusive range bubble for 10-years for each design to help parks feel more secure that whatever they purchase, their competition wont build a slightly bigger version of the same coaster the following year. (Regarding the 10-year term... Batman: The Ride went into SFSL in 1995, and Patriot didn't open at Worlds of Fun until 2006) From what I can roughly approximate, it looks like Six Flags St. Louis is about 228 miles away and Worlds of Fun is only about 220 miles away from Silver Dollar City.

With these factors in mind, it looks like SDC would be clear to buy just about any B&M design they want, even an Inverted coaster if they choose to do so since Patriot would be over 10 years old.

^Where did you hear that?

SDC Thread...there is someone there who is on the inside. A year before Outlaw Run he posted "next year SDC is going to have an inverted woodie". The dude knows his stuff.......it's a B&M, but the exact model isn't known.

Will be interesting to see Outlaw Run (RMC) and big B&M addition added within the same time SFStL stays dormant on new coasters.....and if anyone says Burn Loop and Immitation-Screw are "coaster additions", I will probably implode

^ Wild, unsubstantiated rumors from Screamscape:

2017 - New Coaster - Rumor - (2/3/16) Is Silver Dollar City planning a major new coaster for 2017? According to a few rumors this may be the case, though exactly what style coaster they might get isn't entirely know. The park currently has one B&M coaster (Wildfire) which is a standard Sit Down steel looping coaster, so there are many fun options to choose from that could put the park's terrain to good use as a Hyper, Wing or even large Inverted coaster would fit in quite nicely.

It has often been said that B&M does often sell their coasters with a 250 mile exclusive range bubble for 10-years for each design to help parks feel more secure that whatever they purchase, their competition wont build a slightly bigger version of the same coaster the following year. (Regarding the 10-year term... Batman: The Ride went into SFSL in 1995, and Patriot didn't open at Worlds of Fun until 2006) From what I can roughly approximate, it looks like Six Flags St. Louis is about 228 miles away and Worlds of Fun is only about 220 miles away from Silver Dollar City.

With these factors in mind, it looks like SDC would be clear to buy just about any B&M design they want, even an Inverted coaster if they choose to do so since Patriot would be over 10 years old.

If it makes Screamscape, it's usually not a WILD and CRAZY rumor. They don't post on "hunches" or "rumors".

I am after a bit of advice please. I will be travelling through St Louis this summer between SDC and Holiday World and was wondering whether this park is worth a short visit? Bearing in mind that we are going to the two Texas Six Flags parks and SF Great America on the trip and some of the rides look pretty similar here. It would also have to be on a Saturday on August so I'm unsure if it's worth it really.

Thanks a lot.

I went there on a Sumday in late august and the only big wait was justice league(when it works). Looks like the majority of the rides are at the one's you're aleady going to, but considering it's directly where you'd be driving(assuming you're using I-44), Id say go for it.

You should stop, at least for a little while. Screamin' Eagle, Boss, and River King Mine Train are unique, and Ninja and American Thunder's clones aren't on your itinerary. That's five coasters there, plus Mr. Freeze and Batman are very good, and if you have time, they are worth it even if you've ridden them elsewhere.

Thanks a lot.

You should stop, at least for a little while. Screamin' Eagle, Boss, and River King Mine Train are unique, and Ninja and American Thunder's clones aren't on your itinerary. That's five coasters there, plus Mr. Freeze and Batman are very good, and if you have time, they are worth it even if you've ridden them elsewhere.

Thanks for the tips, we probably will stop for a few hours then.

Where did the old on-ride photo take place on Batman? As long as I've been riding it the on-ride photo has been removed, but I have always noticed the old booth on the exit path.

I'm thinking maybe on the descent after the first zero-g roll. If not that, then possibly the after the second loop?

Where did the old on-ride photo take place on Batman? As long as I've been riding it the on-ride photo has been removed, but I have always noticed the old booth on the exit path.

I'm thinking maybe on the descent after the first zero-g roll. If not that, then possibly the after the second loop?

Honestly that is what I was thinking, I just wasn't sure. When did the on-ride photo get removed?

I did not know that the train used to run in the opposite direction!

I noticed that too. I remembered there were two trains back in the early days (the green one and what is now the Tommy G Robertson), but totally did not remember the train going the opposite direction as it does today.

Surprised how many people didn't know the train used to run the other way. The green train did indeed get sent down to Tampa, I did see it will while it's was down there. (A couple of years ago there was a rumor it or another train was coming.) I would assume they flipped it around because the grade is less severe the current way.