TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I dont know how many members from SFstl.net are here but let me throw some memorabilia and comedy your way. I'm still waiting on this .....2017 maybe?

You may not post often, but your reminders of the good ol' days are always welcome here! haha!

(EDIT, original post below) Warning: horribly thought reply ahead

^If SFSTL were to get a 300 foot ride, I rather have it be a thrill ride like Kingda Ka or Sky Screamer (taller)

^Maybe you should just stop talking for a bit?

According to Screamscape, there is a rumor that SFStL could be the next park in the chain to have a HITP event. Thoughts?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_st__louis.htm

I just hope it encourages Worlds of Fun to do the same thing. Six Flags does have a good amount of rides that could be open, especially Justice League. But the event would not be near the level SDC runs their event (partially because SDC has 3 dark rides, awesome shows, a cave tour, etc. that can be open whenever).

According to Screamscape, there is a rumor that SFStL could be the next park in the chain to have a HITP event. Thoughts?

I just hope it encourages Worlds of Fun to do the same thing. Six Flags does have a good amount of rides that could be open, especially Justice League. But the event would not be near the level SDC runs their event (partially because SDC has 3 dark rides, awesome shows, a cave tour, etc. that can be open whenever).

Flooded Mine, Fire in the Hole, and what else are you considering a dark ride?

I fully support HITP, and said so on their survey last year. No one does Christmas like HFE, except Disney. But SF can do well with this event. Missouri autumns are unpredictable; it can be 40 one day and 70 the next. A couple of years ago one weekend in December was in the 80s. With those temperatures, SF could definitely run all the rides, and if it's cold, run Justice League and the train and serve waffles, and there's a good time.

Does anyone know if the HITP events at other SF parks are an upcharge, or does the season pass get you in?

Mike

It's sort of an upcharge. They sell a "Thrill Pass" that is cheaper than the regular season pass, and is only valid through the first part of September. The regular season pass includes Fright Fest and HITP at no extra cost.

There's an upcharge for certain attractions like Santa's Workshop. Here at SFOT, we've been having HITP since the mid 80's and they're always lots of fun.

Go over to the SFOT thread and check out some of my photots from HITP back in Dec. Usally, here at SFOT, all our rides are open during HITP except Batman and Mr Freeze. But the Christmas decorations throughout the park alone are worth coming for. Check out my photots to get an idea what I'm talking about.

Also, the Christmas shows at the Southern Palace are outstanding. They put you in a real holiday spirit.

IMG300.thumb.jpg.736a814a110e100cdb7d267722dabcd1.jpg

Edited by Sportsdude360

^This.

There's no way they can compete with SDC

What would make you think they would be competing with SDC? I would think that a winter event like this would attract more local people than people from within other parts of the state. I don't know many people who vacation in November/December and if they do they go somewhere warm on the water.

^Lets be honest though. The shows are good for a Six Flags park but pale in comparison to HFEC and Disney.

Who the F*** cares???! I didn't know that so many of us would be traveling to Disney next Holiday season. With this train of thought, let's be honest guys: Our park is a sh** hole compared to Europa Park, so we should just stop trying.

Although I was bummed out that this wasn't the rumor about our upcoming hypercoaster, I still thought this was pretty neat news. HELL, even I might go! (but don't count on it)

There's an upcharge for certain attractions like Santa's Workshop. Here at SFOT, we've been having HITP since the mid 80's and they're always lots of fun.

Go over to the SFOT thread and check out some of my photots from HITP back in Dec. Usally, here at SFOT, all our rides are open during HITP except Batman and Mr Freeze. But the Christmas decorations throughout the park alone are worth coming for. Check out my photots to get an idea what I'm talking about.

Also, the Christmas shows at the Southern Palace are outstanding. They put you in a real holiday spirit.

Thanks for the info Sportsdude. I really hope they make this happen. Getting in with our season pass we would probably go a couple of times, weather permitting.

Mike

I would love for the park to stay open through the holiday season. With Santa's Magical Village and the Hidden Valley ski resort right next door it would really make for a nice holiday weekend get away for out of towners as well as locals. It would also drive a lot of business into Eureka.

I don't think it has to necessarily compete with SDC to be successful. Both parks have a lot to offer.

I think Six Flags St. Louis would look great covered in lights. The front gate area with the shops would look great as would the plaza around the Plaza Theater. I'm sure Colossus will constantly have a line that overflows its queue. The queue line for Thunder River could be made into a really neat walk through area.

Plus any opportunity for more time on Screamin' Eagle sounds great to me.