TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Gerstlauer to build record-breaking US-based roller coaster in 2022

Gerstlauer Amusement Rides has announced that they will be manufacturing and installing a new, record-breaking roller coaster for a yet-to-be-announced location in the United States. This new coaster is scheduled to open in May of 2022 and the details of the coaster including its location are expected to be announced in the coming months.

https://www.rideentertainment.com/gerstlauer-to-build-one-of-a-kind-record-breaking-roller-coaster-in-the-united-states/

Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, GmbH, a proud partner of Ride Entertainment, has signed an agreement to manufacture a new, record-breaking roller coaster for a yet-to-be named client in the United States. The attraction, which is scheduled to open in May of 2022 will be formally announced within the next few months.

“Working with Gerstlauer for over 25 years, I am always astounded by their creativity and ability to innovate no matter what the project is,” said Ed Hiller, CEO of Ride Entertainment. “It is no different with the custom layout and challenging location for this coaster, which is sure to become a showcase attraction known around the world.”

Ride Entertainment’s world-renown installations team will also be installing this record-breaking coaster for the customer. 

“This will certainly be one of the most formidable installations we have faced,” added Hiller. “As this coaster will showcase the incredible talents of Gerstlauer, we believe the same will hold true for the installation and our installation team, which is considered the best in the industry.”

• jedimaster1227 changed the title to NEWS: Gerstlauer to build record-breaking US-based roller coaster in 2022

Any guesses where this is going?

I think it's an Infinity Coaster for Cedar Point, that will break the inversion record, but honestly it could be going anywhere.

The way they comment on the location intrigues me, and seems to indicate that it's a park that doesn't have a lot of open room (Sorry Worlds of Fun and Darien Lake, not this time...). We know it won't be a Six Flags park, and it's in the US so not Canada's Wonderland. A number of smaller independent parks like Silverwood and Adventureland are getting coasters this year, so probably not them, and not Knott's because they have Hangtime.

Parks that come to mind are: Indiana Beach, Cedar Point, Morey's Piers, SeaWorld San Diego, Kentucky Kingdom, and Silver Dollar City. Honestly, I think Cedar Point makes the most sense but who knows. Let the speculation begin!

My guess is that it breaks the "steepest beyond vertical drop" record by one degree, and my money would be on a non-CF-park, but that's just a hunch.

I suspect it'll be a super compact coaster that takes the inversion record.  Isn't Cedar Point rumored to get a new coaster in 2022?  That seems like a record they'd love to get and they seem to be pressed for space right now unless they remove something.

Kings Island has a giant open crater in need of a modern multilooper. I was hoping for something more like Copperhead Strike, and of course they just got Orion, but, we'll see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DBru said:

Kings Island has a giant open crater in need of a modern multilooper. I was hoping for something more like Copperhead Strike, and of course they just got Orion, but, we'll see.

If you read the new

KI book

it says that nothing is on the table for there

at the moment

33 minutes ago, boldikus said:

Oh this thread should be fun. Can we just rename it to "Crackpot Predictions" already and get it over with?

It's clearly going to Six Flags St. Louis, I don't know what's "crackpot" about that prediction

/s

37 minutes ago, KIEnthusiast said:

If you read the new

KI book

it says that nothing is on the table for there

at the moment

why do

You keep typing

your posts this way is there something wrong

with your keyboard

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

“Record-breaking”, “challenging location”, and “custom layout” screams Cedar Point to me.

We know Six Flags has bad blood with Gerstlauer ever since the NTAG accident, and Cedar Fair has a renewed relationship with Gerstlauer after HangTime, so Cedar Point seems plausible. I suppose a SeaWorld/Busch park is also possible, but they can’t even get their 2020 coasters open yet so I’m hesitant about them purchasing a ride like this already.

This will be exciting to follow!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boldikus said:

Are there any Gerstlauer trains that seat more than 20 riders?

Not that I know of, at least major coasters. I do know that Gerstlauer has said (somewhere, I think at IAAPA one year) that their Infinity Coaster trains can go up to 8 rows long, but the maximum length for a vertical lift is 4 rows. So a 32-passenger train is possible if the coaster doesn’t have a vertical lift.

OK I've seen some empty pre-emptive hyping before but this one takes the cake lol 
'Record breaking!' with 0 indication in what regard, what kind of ride and where haha 

2 hours ago, southpuddle said:

We could rename it to “I have a hunch it’s conveniently going to *insert park closest in proximity to me* ... The Thread!

Nah, it's deff going to Six Flags America. 

My prediction is 500 foot 15 inversion spinning coaster with 121.6 degree drop 

^^Gotcha.  Yeah, I think the only way it could realistically go to Cedar Point is if it had larger trains.  The Eurofighters and Infinity Coasters we're currently used to just wouldn't have the capacity to suit the park's larger crowd levels.  

Obviously I would prefer this project to go somewhere close to me, but my first thought was that I was glad to hear that this project is going forward for 2022. Maybe it was originally supposed to be 2021 and was pushed back? But either way I'm happy to hear a park is going forward with a significant project.

1 hour ago, jedimaster1227 said:

Okay. Eight years ago. A woman fell out of a coaster. I understand. But what does (what thrillseeker4552 posted) NTAG stand for?

Sorry, but nothing I read in that link, alluded to this abbreviation. So ..... ? Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

Okay. Eight years ago. A woman fell out of a coaster. I understand. But what does (what thrillseeker4552 posted) NTAG stand for?

Sorry, but nothing I read in that link, alluded to this abbreviation. So ..... ? Thanks in advance.

did it not come from right here at TPR?

I thought it started here - as a joke, that stuck:

New Tex Ass Giant.

NTAG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

New Texas Giant