TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Is there any news about what's happened to Mr Freeze?

Because V2 isn't really character themed, i don't really think there is a problem. Might look really nice, and really differen't.

EDIT: Woah, i never really noticed this before, but v2's layout looks retarded!

I used to think that V2 was painted yellow because the neighbors complained about being able to "see" it. Then they paint it red They're the ones who complained about it sticking a "noticeable" 30ft higher, then when the park makes it longer, it sticks out even more, in my opinion. And red stands out more than yellow does. So much for their complaining

I hope they're going to repaint Kong as well...2 red/orange colored coasters in a park....kinda reminds me of Cedar Point: Maggie, TTD, and Draggin' Iron. Maybe SFMW will give it different support colors.

EDIT: Look closely at the posted pic, on the middle support, Medusa's side...it's a maroon color.

Looks like Medusa can use some new skin as well...Some supports got a bit more sun than others.[/img]

I just got a call from a friend that lives in Vallejo and got the news that V2 is being repainted red! Could they be going for a superman theme?

Sorry no pics...could anyone get ahold of them?

Friend? yeah..Thanks...

Anyways, I like the colors it was..i think it would have been cool for them to keep the same colors, but just re paint it. And am i alone but does anyone think that Medusa should have gotten repainted before Vertical Velocity?

Why is it assumed that a coaster is going to be Superman themed just because the track is being painted red?

And IF the supports are purple/maroon as suggested in the pictures, that doesn't make any sense. Since when is purple/maroon a Superman color?

That is one hideous coaster, if you ask me I don't quite understand the supports with the silver specks all around and random patches of maroon. It almost looks like they were going for a weathered or beaten-up effect but failed horribly and just made the thing look retarded. Oh well, it's Six Flags...be happy they at least painted it haha

I just got a call from a friend that lives in Vallejo and got the news that V2 is being repainted red! Could they be going for a superman theme?

Sorry no pics...could anyone get ahold of them?

Anyways, I like the colors it was..i think it would have been cool for them to keep the same colors, but just re paint it. And am i alone but does anyone think that Medusa should have gotten repainted before Vertical Velocity?

Ummm yea Medusa needs a new coat of paint really bad.

They should with out a dought repaint kong too. For those of you who havent ridden it lately The paint is almost peeling off. And the last time I rode it it the paint was almost completely gone on one piece of track. But V2 on the other hand looks great. Evan though I think I liked it better when it was yellow.

That is one hideous coaster, if you ask me I don't quite understand the supports with the silver specks all around and random patches of maroon. It almost looks like they were going for a weathered or beaten-up effect but failed horribly and just made the thing look retarded. Oh well, it's Six Flags...be happy they at least painted it haha

Their not done painting them... Their going full maroon.