TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

At first, I thought you were meaning PGA and I was about to say: They don't have a V2 at PGA...then I remembered Six Flags' version of Great America. I'm sure there's going to be a logo change-up or a rename as the current logo sports the yellow/dark blue colors. To what though, I'm not sure. V2 pretty much had a generic 'modern' theme if you want to call it that, nothing animal/mythical character related.

To those who think red fits better with the "Theme" I am wondering what theme you are reffering to?

V2 is in the front midway area. There is no real 'theme' per-say.

If that is not true then please tell me otherwise

You're right, SFMW had no theme in that immediate area. SFDK on the other hand may be different story . . .

^Very True.

I drove by the park today and they had the back spike support done, and they were just starting to do the track, but the Yellow track looked really good with the Dark Pink (what is the actual color of the supports? it looks kinda maroonish/pink) It would have been good for them to keep the track yellow, and paint the supports that dark pink color.

I wonder if they really are gonna do another theme.

Why the hell has this thread gone to 7 pages already? Seriously... WTF?

So they are painting the coaster. It's not like the track layout is being altered.

This is why I don't belong to ACE.

Does something happen to the forum when threads reach 7 pages or something?

Why the hell has this thread gone to 7 pages already? Seriously... WTF?

So they are painting the coaster. It's not like the track layout is being altered.

This is why I don't belong to ACE.

It's the off season...we have nothing better to do besides liet the offseason get the better of us...Maybe this thread will evolve into a SFDK update topic once we get enough SDFK updates...

I guess the off season is the time for a lot of pait jobs... and that means that many people will have an opinion one way or another.

In boards about paint color that I have seen, there are always many people who seem to complain about other people just plainly voicing an opinion. No one is saying that they will never ride it... they just may or may not agree with the rides new appearence... and there is no problem with that.

Most everything in this world is based on visual appeal... so why is it such a big deal when someone complains about a new color.

"Its just a stupid color... stop complaining"

That is what many people say just because they do not care. But to those people, lets say that the house that is next to you, or your own house for that matter, went from a nice red brick to purple wood. You would complain and if it was your house, you would probably be disgusted with it and wonder hoe houses change what they are made of and color overnight.

All I ask is that people stop coming on these threads and making complaints about... well... complaining. That, in my opinion, is much stupider that a complaint about color, which is reasonable in may ways.

Thanks...

- Andrew

(I didn't try to offend anyone on here... so... yeah!)

Well said and worth repeating . . .

What I am complaining about is people coming on here stating "it's a new theme" or "it's being repainted because of this" when they have no real proof that what they are saying is true. Complain about something being painted all you want just don't say you know why it's being done when you really don't.

^ I agree with what you said... as I myself have talked about a new theme... but only as an idea... not a fact... which I think is what most people are trying to say.

Other than that... I have to say that I really do like the red color... just not so much the supports. They seem to clash a bit.

What I am complaining about is people coming on here stating "it's a new theme" or "it's being repainted because of this" when they have no real proof that what they are saying is true. Complain about something being painted all you want just don't say you know why it's being done when you really don't.

They're just shouting out possibilities, I don't think anyone has said for a fact something is happening.

The color isn't bad, maybe not the best, but hey, they're trying. Gotta give them that.

^^^ Yeah, didn't realize speculating was also against the TOS.

Sad as it is, this is all we got going. Even with all our parks, will be 6 long yrs now since the last permanent new major coaster opened in any NorCal park. So unfortunately, yeah this is a big deal .

Im sure its been said before, but if you dont care then dont post!

I, on the other hand, cant wait to see the finished product. Maybe the color choice will grow on me, but we really need to see what the trains are gonna look like!! Im hoping they keep it simple but at the same time i hope they go all out and try something different!

Now i know this topic is about V2, but has anyone got any news about other coaster repaint/re-theme? Particularly Medusa?

Ok i might have worded that wrong...

What i wanted to say was there is no need or reason to get on here just to get on other people who are complaning or better yet, just giving their opinion, about the paint color. Now half the thread is about V2 and the other half is people arguing.

Well i cant be as fortunate as you and Ryan to know someone in Public Relations, but thats why i come here. If there's news to be told and proof to back it up, then TPR is the only friend i need.

^I'm not arguing. I just think it's funny that this thread went as far is it did about a roller coaster getting painted from yellow to red.

BTW... Medusa is getting a new paint job and theming this year.

Oh, no, im not saying you. Its others on here that i saw. Its like they seriously got mad about what someone else said! lol It is funny how far this thread got. I just wanted to put in my 2cents because SFDK is my home park and i got a play pass, so i will be there quite a few times!

But believe, im not getting on anyone! Bottom line, I really dont see what the big deal is. Its just a paint job! Just let those, who want to, voice their opinion! Im sure there are other threads that seem rediculous to some that got farther than this one, but was about the topic the entire way through!!!

Haaa... well i'll be!!! I just put it over to page 9!!! lol Well i guess another day, another page!!!

^I'm not arguing. I just think it's funny that this thread went as far is it did about a roller coaster getting painted from yellow to red.

BTW... Medusa is getting a new paint job and theming this year.

Oh, no, im not saying you. Its others on here that i saw. Its like they seriously got mad about what someone else said! lol It is funny how far this thread got. I just wanted to put in my 2cents because SFDK is my home park and i got a play pass, so i will be there quite a few times!

But believe, im not getting on anyone! Bottom line, I really dont see what the big deal is. Its just a paint job! Just let those, who want to, voice their opinion! Im sure there are other threads that seem rediculous to some that got farther than this one, but was about the topic the entire way through!!!

Haaa... well i'll be!!! I just put it over to page 9!!! lol Well i guess another day, another page!!!

To be fair, I was so sarcastic about it because frankly it looks better then before IMO. And then it's even funnier that people can shoot down this new "colouring" before it's even done. "What if they stop painting and support column c! It'll look like a disaster!"

Screamscape confirmed the announcement next Wednesday. But here's the cool part for now, they'll announce the new theme for the park: Sea, Land and Sky! The front of the park with no animals will obviously be the Sky area, so going by those cool new colors on V2, just for fun I'm calling DragonFire or Fire Dragon as the new name/theme.