TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ My understanding is that, while the ride's fountains used to soak the entire gondola, they've since been reduced to a decorative, non-soaking feature only due to maintenance problems the water was causing.

I remember watching riders get drenched on the ride when I visited in 2006, but I think that hasn't happened for quite some time.

^ My understanding is that, while the ride's fountains used to soak the entire gondola, they've since been reduced to a decorative, non-soaking feature only due to maintenance problems the water was causing.

I remember watching riders get drenched on the ride when I visited in 2006, but I think that hasn't happened for quite some time.

The one at Everland only uses them for decoration too.

The water was causing issues with the restraints.

^Please let it be Haunted Shack. I desperately want the Haunted Shack back. It would tie that whole Calico Square back together with TMLR and the Calico Mine.

As it sits now, that whole area that the Swing sat in is just flat open space with a desert landscape painted on the back of some buildings. A modern re-doing of the Haunted Shack could be outright awesome! I imagine with today's technology they could produce some cool effects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_Shack

^ that would be great and I thought about that too when they announced they were removing the swings.

I was always a little bummed when they removed it in the first place, but if it comes back better than ever and refreshed, I couldn't be more excited. Knott's is really bringing back a lot of what was lost the last decade.

On another note, this popped up on reddit. Some one dug up footage of Xcelerator testing at speeds of over 90 mph. I didnt even know it was tested at those speeds!

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/-6NHkMDPx7Q[/youtu_be]

Gosh, look at that fresh red paint! Takes me back to when it first opened and I was way too chicken to ride it.

Boy I miss this park. I can't wait to see updates on Ghostrider and see what you guys say about the refurb!

Seriously the red track looks so good, especially compared with the faded pink track we have now. Boomerang got a nice paint update a year or so ago, so hopefully Xcelerator is scheduled to be repainted soon!

On another note, this popped up on reddit. Some one dug up footage of Xcelerator testing at speeds of over 90 mph. I didnt even know it was tested at those speeds!

Ah thanks for sharing the link, I haven't seen that footage in years. The airtime must be insane, anyone want to estimate the negative G's going over the tophat?

Wow it really flew over the top hat without slowing down. What in the world made them paint the ride pink of all colors?? It takes away from the ride a bit. It definitely needs a paint job like X got at MM. One of the best rides in the park shouldn't be pink sorry.