TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is there a ride or attraction you'd wait 5 hours for?

Longest I've waited was 4 hours for Dragster on opening day 2003. They only had three trains running with off and on down time thrown in. I'd never wait that long again unless I was at a park I knew I wouldn't be getting back to in a long time.

That was the only ride I rode that day but I had a season pass at the time so it was no big deal that I didn't ride anything else.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In ordinary circumstances probably not. If there was some super new coaster, I wouldn't bother going until I had reason to believe the lines would have eased off.

The longest I've waited in normal circumstances was 2 hours for Dragster in it's opening year, but I didn't have to wait in the sun, they had good music going and there was fun vibe in the line. For some reason I developed a strong positive association with Republica from that (my first) Cedar Point visit.

We did hang around for 8 hours waiting for Maverick to open. There was nothing else to do because rain had closed everything, and I was feeling kind of stubborn. We had fun and a lot of laughs, and we built a tent out of ponchos using the test seat.

I would rather wait at the front of the park for 1 hour before they open to be the first to get in the line, the have to wait for 5 hours for a ride in the park after the park opens. With the exception of a special event, in all of my years of showing up early to a park opening I've never encountered a line that long first thing in the morning, even on opening day of a brand new coaster. Showing up early goes a long way when it comes to getting in all the credits at a new park. On Diamondback's opening day a few years ago at Kings Island they had early admission for passholders and the line stretched all the way back to Main Street and was still only about 2 hours.

The longest line i think I ever waited in was for Dragster opening year, it was closed all day and tons of people just sat in line waiting for it to maybe open. About 2 hours before park closing they started testing, and tons more people got in line, they finally opened with only 1 train then slowly added a 2nd then 3rd. They kept running until they emptied the que which was several hours after the park closed. probably waited about 3-4 hours but half of that was waiting for it to even open. Normally would never do that, but I had every other credit at the park and knew i wouldn't be back for a few years.

I thought I was a reasonably patient person until I waited for two and a half hours for Maverick two years ago. It was UNBEARABLE! This was during a three day visit to Cedar Point and I only got on Maverick twice.

This year with TPR we had ERT and I can't count how many times I rode (it was many, many times!). A trip with TPR = queue problems (largely) solved!

I don't think I could wait 5 hours for anything at all now that I've been so spoiled.

The longest I've ever waited was about 2 and a half hours for X. (This was back in 06' I believe)

However pretty much everything else was a station wait so I didn't mind much.

I don't think there is any ride I'd wait that long for. What a waste of time were you could be riding other stuff.

--James

The first couple of week's of X being open I think we waited close to 4 hours for it. But that's because it was the 1st 4th dimension coaster in the world. Back in the day everyone wanted to see what a 4th dimension coaster was and people came from all around just to ride it. I guess it was worth it... back in the day.

I think the longest I've ever waited for a ride was Superman: The Escape and that was probably 3 hours with all the breakdowns.

I think we may have waited 2 1/2 for Indy when it opened as well.

Personally, I think 1 1/2 to 2 hours is the max I'd be willing to wait for a ride. I'd much rather pay $$ to get any Skip the Line pass that would get me through the line faster.

We go to Disneyland so much, I think we are spoiled that we don't want to wait more than 20-30 minutes for anything these days.

5 hours... Thats a hell of a lot! I think i was somewhere close to that on Test Track's opening weekend...

Lets see for Sorin': Epcot 9:00 to 9:00, thats twelve hours. Take five out and you got seven left. You frankly just wasted 41% of your day waiting for Patrick Warburton to say have a nice flight. No dice.

I think 90 mins is my limit. And with queues like Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain, Dueling Dragons (Pre-Potter) they make the 90 mins slip away...

Nick "I think Sorin' is pretty meh in my opinion" Wells

Not anymore.

Though I was part of that contingency that waited at Fujiqueueueueue. Like Bill said, 20 min for Fujiyama, 2+ hrs for Dodonpa, and about 3-1/2 hours for the dreaded Ejeinaika. I also dread going back there again someday!

Back in the day, at the opening for Colossus at SFMM, actually waited 6 hrs! Got in the park about 10am, the line was already to where S:EFK's tower now stands, supposed to open at Noon, didn't open till 2:00, got on about 4:00. And yes, that long line was only a two hour wait! (6 NAD trains, no stacking!) It was almost worth the wait back then. (Nowadays, a 2 train wait is too long!)

Also waited about 90 minutes for Maverick the first time, about 3 weeks after it opened. Got there when the park opened (Gemini Gate), but the ride opened an hour late. Decided to try for a second ride, waited 45 minutes, was 2 trains away from loading -- and that was then washed out by rain, and I had a flight to catch out of Columbus at 4pm, so we left. IMO, there's nothing else worth riding in that park anyway!!

The only hour wait that I've felt was worth it in the last 5 years or so, was for my first ride on Atlantis Adventure.

A hour is about my limit for anything anymore. Aside from places with some sort of FP system, maybe Formula Russa (but, that would probably be on a TPR trip, and R&E would have contingency plans to assure, to the best of their ability, that that would not happen) would be worth that wait, but from the reports I've seen, and what Richard said, I don't think that's an issue.

Though a warm night's, lights out ride on Eagle's Fortress MIGHT be worth the wait!!

JJ

Maximum wait time by myself would probably be 45-60 min. If I'm with friends, I can wait much longer (90 min seems reasonable). I don't really enjoy waiting in lines so 5 hours seems like way too much time to be standing around, doing nothing.

Perhaps for a life-changing ride, maybe but I won't wait that long for most.

I've never waited 5 hours, but opening season of Millennium Force I'm pretty sure it was about 3 hours. I didn't think that was too bad I was with my family.

We also waited 3+ hours to ride TTD in it's opening year, but it was also down for a part of those hours waiting as well. I had my dad wait in the line, while I rode a couple of the other coasters close to TTD.

I'm not sure if I'd wait 5 hours, but I would never say never because there could be some incredible new ride out there, that I would wait for.

I've had some 2-2.5 hour waits in my time, most recently the 2 hour wait for Cheetah Hunt on opening day, but it's extremely rare that I'll ever wait that long for anything I've already ridden. If I see a wait of over half an hour for just about anything these days, I'm moving on to the next ride. I absolutely can't stand waiting in line!

Kingda Ka opening day, I waited an unprecedented number. Though I did the "Season Pass holder" preview thanks to the coupon booklet last page (same for El Toro) Having a little rip off page so you could ride it early.

I don't have a limit "if I haven't ridden" something, but in honesty, If I have to wait on a ride that long I better have driven A LONG WAY or even flew out to ride it "Brand" spankin new. Or I'll wait a season and let the crowd's luster die off.

• 11 months later...