TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your favorite coaster tunnel

Cp fanboy says:

I'd have to say Millenium Force.

Yeah because tin tunnels are flippin amazing.

I'd either have to say Hades, Loch Ness, Stunt Track (KD & KI) and Anaconda because of the whole underwater aspect.

Does Flight of Fear count?

*And that wasn't intended towards B&M I'm just sick of hearing about CP this CP that Zomg CP so yeah*

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^No offense taken I think that Cedar Point is one of the most overrated parks in the world (where's the Golden Ticket award for that?) But of what very little rides I've been on with tunnels, MF was one of the best. Unless you include the turn-around at the start of Psyclone...which was the only smooth part of the ride.

Not sure I could pick just one... certianly some of my top include...

-Stunt Coaster (KI, KD, CW)

-Voyage's tripple down

-Grizzley (KD) (it's that unexpected hop right in the middle that makes it good)

-The Beast's second tunnel

Phoenix's tunnel also holds a special place for me, but I'm not sure I would put it as one of the best...

I have got to go with Air! Hands down!

No, in all seriousness, I have got to go with Oblivion. The best ever use of a tunnel EVER! Vertical (nearly) drop into a mist hidden tunnel. Fantastic, scary and thrilling. The noise and whoosh when the train as it enters the tunnel is simply stunning!

Voyage's triple down in the dark is sick! But, I'd have to go with Hades tunnel on the way out:

As you tear through the dark at 70 mph the train banks and dips as it tries to throw you around like a rag doll. You can't see a thing, but I could've sworn I saw some red eyes down there. It's insane! Did I mention that this coaster lived up to its name? As you start to see light breaking through at the other end, you realize that the train is not right side up. You climb up the wall and ride along it, but because of the darkness and speed you can't even tell.

Hands down the best tunnel anywhere!

I think one of the coolest tunnels was on Lightning Racer at Hersheypark. In the day, it's kinda blah, but the first time i rode was at night i arrived, and i didn't expect all the flashing lights. It was alot like lightning, (i think it was just the on ride photo flashing, and i'm not sure if it was intended to be lightning, but it works.) But anyways it was pretty sweet

Ok, I guess I should jump in here. THE best tunnel on a operational coaster is -- without equal -- the SCBB Giant Dipper. Such a steep entrance and then all that swirling and winding in the darkness. Pure brilliance! Thanks, Fred Church.

The finale of the Coney Island Shooting Star (my first big woodie) was complete insanity. So much speed at the end of the circuit. It was amazing incredibly LOUD.

Honorable mention should go to the Rocky Springs Wildcat. Though I never rode this one, I did walk the entire track in the mid-80s and I can't imagine how much fun that crazy 500-foot tunneled trip down into the ravine must've been. Especially in those big 4-bench PTC cars. Schmeck was a wicked, wicked man.

-Scott

Like so many others have said, Hades, no question. Inside of that pitch black tunnel is nothing but speed and chaos. No other coaster I've been on has come close. Though I would give honorable mention to SFMM's Goliath...nothing like diving 255 ft at 85 mph into a small tunnel like that...always a rush

Well...I've only been on a few rides with tunnels.

ShieKra

Hulk

Expedition Everest

Space Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain

And that's all I can think of but out of those the best tunnels have to be on....

Hulk

Space Mountain

And as for tunnels on any coaster that I haven't ridden I'd say....

Hades

Tremors

Beast

I really like the end tunnel on Big Thunder Mountain at Paris Disneyland, you get hauling some "A" in that thing!!!

I have to second this. While the first tunnel was great, that final tunnel was the wildest ride in the wilderness. It would only be imporved if the train had the momentum to get over that hill coming out of the tunnel a little faster, but all and all a great happy ending to a great ride.

I think the Hulk will be the best tunnel on a coaster, althought I never rided it.

But I think the theming of Space Mountain paris will beat The Hulk, but space mountain has this stupid brake on top of the hill. And the magnum has several tunnels that rock to. Difficult competition