TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your favorite coaster tunnel

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like "Oblivion" tunnel at Alton Towers, but I have only ridden it once since it opened.

One of the best ones must be "The Beast"'s at night when 1/2 of the 2nd tunnel is lit and the other 1/2 is not.

Love the covered Helix if this counts as a sort of tunnel.

Hades is the clear winner. Never rode it but would like to someday.

My favorates in the order that they popped into my head.

- Grizzly at Paramount's Kings Dominion

- Steel Force at Dorney Park (both of them)

- Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood

- Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

- Phoenix at Knoebels Amusement Resort

- Twister at Knoebels Amusement Resort

- Mine Train at Six Flags Over Texas

- Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England (just barely makes the list)

Those are the only ones that really impressed me of the 360 coasters i've been on.

One that I haven't have the pleasure of riding but looks awesome is the Tunnels of Tremors at Silverwood. I've always loved how you pop out of the first and thirds tunnels only to dive back into another tunnel. Also Hades of course looks awesome but i've yet to ride it.

Oh I might add that one of my home park, Six Flags Great Adventure really needs to think about doing a tunnel sometimes. Ya it would have been nice if El Toro featured one.

Oh...and I do think Voyage's tunnels will be leaving on a lasting impression on many people.

SFGam's Raging Bull's tunnel is incredible. I was just a little kid then, and I was afraid to put my hands up, I really thought they would get chopped off.

SFDL's Viper also has a sweet tunnel. Most of the helix is in this suprise tunnel at the end of the ride. It's not a suprise anymore, but still just a classic element for that ride.

^ There's a bit of airtime. It's hard to describe though. Without being able to see the darkness really screwes with your senses. You can barely even feel the banking of the 90 degree turn.

Another one I thought of was Demon at SF Great America. Though in a messed up way. Seriously what's with the christmas lights? That ride is just screwed up.

Tennessee Tornado's first drop tunnel absolutely blew me away the first time I rode it! It is seemingly endless, and it has great airtime all the way down while taking your onride picture.

There might be some airtime in Italian Job's tunnel, too. I really can't remember.

A couple on my list...

Raging Bull- Short but sweet. Everyone is totally freaked out about the tunnel while going down the hill. Of course, this is right after the totally amazing airtime in the back part of the train.

Demon- There are some weird ones on this coaster. The rocks between the two loops and inside the second one are pretty cool, the light tunnel has some pretty good patterns, and the dive into the corkscrews is just messed up (and brutal!) You dive into the mouth of the Demon, right next to the waterfall, hit a totally messed up piece of track in the tunnel, and do the corkscrews. Bizzare, yet awesome.

I also like the tunnels on Kumba, Montu, and ShieKra.

Since no one ahs said it yet I'll go ahead and put it out there....

THE BEAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care if you love or hate the ride (I personally love it) but that last tunell around the double helix is awesome, makes theride along with therest of the 3 other tunels. But the helix rocks even with the magnetic trims

SFDL's Viper also has a sweet tunnel. Most of the helix is in this suprise tunnel at the end of the ride. It's not a suprise anymore, but still just a classic element for that ride.

Tell me if this is just my friends and I, or if everyone who grew up around Darien Lake would do this. It seems like every time I ride Viper, the train is completely silent, then everybody screams their heads off during the tunnel!

And it's concrete, so it really echos!