TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

55 minutes ago, Jason Maier said:

I've read rumors that the Northern Star Arena might be on the chopping block in the future.

If it does get removed .... well, new coaster?

Yeah, as @michaellynn4said, cute theory.  Not going to happen.  What would their motivation be for removal of the arena?  It's a bowl in a mound of dirt, there's no infrastructure to fall apart.

On 9/4/2022 at 6:08 PM, AmyUD06 said:

Yeah, as @michaellynn4said, cute theory.  Not going to happen.  What would their motivation be for removal of the arena?  It's a bowl in a mound of dirt, there's no infrastructure to fall apart.

Well, they removed the old Dolphin/Sea Lion arena a few years ago to make room for The Joker, so it's entirely possible. Also, it's not they've had many shows recently due to Covid-related restrictions.

Fun fact: the attendance record for the Northern Star Arena was broken by a 1981 concert from the Marshall Tucker Band. Even 40+ years later, no other concert has come close. Great Adventure History did an in-depth page dedicated to it.

23 hours ago, Zack44 said:

Well, they removed the old Dolphin/Sea Lion arena a few years ago to make room for The Joker, so it's entirely possible. Also, it's not they've had many shows recently due to Covid-related restrictions.

Fun fact: the attendance record for the Northern Star Arena was broken by a 1981 concert from the Marshall Tucker Band. Even 40+ years later, no other concert has come close. Great Adventure History did an in-depth page dedicated to it.

South Jersey shouldn't be considered part of the Union.

In October I’m going to Hershey Park on Saturday and Sunday weekend of October 14th for there new Dark nights Halloween event. I have a free day on Friday night we’re I could go somewhere close to Hershey Park.

I was thinking of going down to Six Flags Great Adventure on Friday night for Fright Fest my first time ever to Great Adventure. I was wondering how busy park will normally be second weekend in October 14th. Is it possible to get all the coasters in 5:30pm-12:00am and is everything normally open? I’m just going for coasters and rides if it’s slow maybe some scare zones and haunts. I’m hesitant to go with reading reviews.

I’m also trying to decide maybe go to Knoebels on Friday night for there Hallo weekend or drive to Dorney Park for there haunt. 

So I’m trying to decide we’re to go on Friday night because I have time I also have season pass with Six Flags. I have four day weekend driving out to Hershey on Saturday and Sunday. And first visits to each park. Any tips which park will be the least crowded Thanks. 

It's tough to predict Fright Fest crowds this year.

Every day of the season so far has been empty, but Fright Fest has historically been the busiest time of the year by far. I feel like it could be really anywhere from every single ride being a walk-on to every major coaster having triple digit wait times. Everything about this season is unprecedented.

That said, just go to Knoebels. It's closer and better and El Toro is closed anyway.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

That said, just go to Knoebels. It's closer and better and El Toro is closed anyway.

This man speaks the truth.

• Like 1

Not currently sounding particularly great for El Toro.

https://nj1015.com/el-toro-wooden-coaster-structurally-compromised-six-flags-great-adventure-nj/

Knowing how much inspection and maintenance wooden coasters generally get, I'm not sure how significant structural damage to "multiple columns" goes entirely unnoticed.  Apart from this park being a dumpster fire, anyway.

1 hour ago, SharkTums said:

I love all the people that are blaming Intamin for this.  Like, the ride is 16 years old, Intamin hasn't touched it in quite a while. 

I can't imagine those people have actually been to and seen the park in the last few years, unless they think Intamin is also responsible for all of the other broken rides, not to mention paint, pavement, etc.

• Thanks 1