TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The Joker Will Wreak Total Mayhem in 2016

Iconic DC Comics Super-Villain Masterminds Plot to Seize the

Most Insane Coaster in the History of Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. ─ January 27, 2016 ─ Chaos reigns supreme at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2016 as one of the world’s most iconic DC Comics Super-Villains commandeers the park’s 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, The Joker.

Earlier this fall, the world’s largest theme park announced “Total Mayhem,” which quickly became one of the world’s most anticipated new coasters of 2016. But behind the scenes, criminal mastermind The Joker was secretly plotting to take over the new 4D, free-fly coaster and name it as his own.

“The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest DC Comics Super-Villains ever created. Only someone with his warped sense of humor could provide this level of insanity ─ or spinsanity ─ with a new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers total mayhem with its next-generation, cutting-edge thrills,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below ─ just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.

The unique design of The Joker features:

· Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design

· One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track

· 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles

· Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels

· A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift

· Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling

The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning in the spring of 2016, and join the ranks of all legendary roller coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure.

For more information about the 2016 season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

12552560_10156523755420370_7530257009340170116_n.jpg.91c32386811c63bc1f25fc08d09a83f7.jpg

12439144_10156523755620370_4271665614713517205_n.jpg.2766bb6a899023bf8e3ad8c24c6bd987.jpg

12592353_10156523755470370_7370384395093766098_n.jpg.6b07ca3ede8f8f1772c2b8b02ccc2961.jpg

12592711_10156523755580370_3916917144820182277_n.jpg.34e54b5c184b403cc9fd5647113b20db.jpg

12645017_10156523755495370_2247113661828633730_n.jpg.d901bd9118b5434cc37a513d8947de20.jpg

12647031_10156523755705370_5878007399028961265_n.jpg.57444b3be4b171064e61ff58418d0813.jpg

12647459_10156523755525370_4963902823316940497_n.jpg.5e2f6a10bf048283b037faa2c0da5cd7.jpg

Yes! It looks much better than the ketchup/mustard track. I'm digging it.

It looks great but it just seems out of place, they should have put it around Chillers area so it would fit in with the Batman theme.

Doesn't feel any more out of place than Bizarro in Frontier Adventures or Superman and GL in the Boardwalk.

It's not like the old colors were that great either, but I really don't like the purple and green, and I really liked the name Total Mayhem. But what's the point of complaining? SF gonna do SF

P.S. still a WAY better name then Val-f*ckin-ravn.

To all the people complaining about the name or ask why, first of all, who cares? Instead of complaining about it, why can't people just be happy the park is getting a big new ride? And as someone who worked with licensed properties most of their life, I can tell you it can be difficult getting everything approved and maybe this was one of those cases where the park knew what they wanted, but it was the licensor that held things up.

It's not always "the parks fault" you know. Again, stop the complaining!!! It's so annoying! The ride looks great!!!

From the passholder newsletter they just sent out, it appears the track is on the construction site.

jokertrack.JPG.b71542b70f6378130b3f447f8a8b8785.JPG

"Crews have completed the groundwork along Lakefront and the foundation for the new ride is finished. We've also received all of the two-tone purple and green pieces of track that will soon be crafted together to create a smooth and unique ride experience."

Supposedly there will be more photos and updates at https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/new-2016/construction -- but at the current moment, all I'm getting is an "Access denied" page when I click on the link. Oh well! Bookmark it for future reference.

Edit:

To all the people complaining about the name or ask why, first of all, who cares? Instead of complaining about it, why can't people just be happy the park is getting a big new ride?

I *am* happy the park is getting a big new ride! The only complaint that I do have about it is a common one in regards to Six Flags parks, and that's the fact that they're reusing the same name for different rides. It just gets annoying constantly having to qualify which one you're talking about. "Yeah, I rode the Joker last weekend. No, not the RMC, the Batman: The Ride clone. No, that OTHER Batman: The Ride that's not like any of the other ones. And next week I'm going to hit up Goliath..."

But honestly, it's a minor price to pay for having easy access to awesome rides, and it's not going to change the actual ride experience any, so no harm done!

Edited by coneyislandchris

To all the people complaining about the name or ask why, first of all, who cares? Instead of complaining about it, why can't people just be happy the park is getting a big new ride? And as someone who worked with licensed properties most of their life, I can tell you it can be difficult getting everything approved and maybe this was one of those cases where the park knew what they wanted, but it was the licensor that held things up.

It's not always "the parks fault" you know. Again, stop the complaining!!! It's so annoying! The ride looks great!!!

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the name, especially since I remember people complained about the original name: Total Mayhem. Shouldn't people be happy that the park did change it after all the original complaining?

Can we go back to my original post of sending it to Korea from ages ago, when people complained about it when it was first announced, that it wouldn't be up to capacity (despite parks in Korea being in the top 20 attendance wise with only a couple of 1 train operated coasters each) etc. We haven't had a big coaster for the whole country in over 8 years, we'll take it no matter what the theme or name.

I seem to remember I was practically the only person on the entire forum who liked the original name. It reminds me of when Nintendo changed the name of their system from the Revolution to the Wii. Granted, this is much more predictable and nowhere near as confounding, but still, when you get attached to one name it takes a little bit of time to adjust to another. In a couple years it won't matter at all.

The only complaint that I do have about it is a common one in regards to Six Flags parks, and that's the fact that they're reusing the same name for different rides. It just gets annoying constantly having to qualify which one you're talking about.

You know what's more annoying? People like you complaining...endlessly...about stupid crap like this. So are you ALSO annoyed that Disney reuses the Toy Story name for different rides? Or that Space Mountain appears in different parks and there are three totally different versions of it? Or that Universal has multiple different Harry Potter areas?

Seriously. SHUT UP with all the damn petty complaining!!!! These are names and characters that people can connect with and that the park has the license to us. It just makes "sense." Sorry you don't understand that.

I can tell you that we had way WAAAAAAY more views on every "Batman" video we put up than one labeled something like "Total Mayhem." Why? People people relate to those names and characters. Your average guest who walks out of the park is going to remember the "batman ride" a lot more than some random name of a ride that they probably forgot 10 minutes after they rode it.

Not everyone is an "enthusiast" and most people in their lives will probably never know that "Batman" appears at a different park but is a different ride. We are all supposed to be "theme park experts" here and understand why parks do things. But the reality is there is more bitching and complaining than from normal park guests. And I *HATE* that part of this community.

The park is building a big new ride, the name and theming look great, and I personally haven't had a chance to ride Batman in Texas so I'm actually VERY MUCH looking forward to riding this one in July.

Why can't more people make posts like that? Would certainly make our forums a lot less annoying to read.

/end rant.

Edited by robbalvey

Again, I think this is an improvement. I don't understand how anyone could think this looks worse than the original paint scheme. And I am ecstatic we are getting a big new ride that will keep people occupied while I ride El Toro and Nitro.

Also this was pointed out in the Great Adv Connoisseurs FB group: If the renderings are to be believed, we are getting a giant HAHAHA sign in the plaza in front of the ride. I love it!

hahaha.jpg.3f2e97536f6606b8096090eff6080233.jpg

Is it just me or is it weird that everyone in the rendering is wearing pants? LMAO

I think it's a better theme than the more generic "Total Mayhem."

I know this guy agrees with me.

I had a feeling this clip was coming when I saw the name had changed.

Can you imagine a better time for it?

^I did notice one woman in a dress in that rendering.

Edited by cfc

SF totally played this wrong. If they had only waited 2 years to do this to Total Mayhem, they could have added on-board audio, fire, placed a few cardboard cutouts of Joker throughout the queue area, mist, re-painted and then re-named it; boom- New for 2018: The Joker 4D Free Fly Coaster.

Odds are there would even be a Justice League dark ride somewhere in the vicinity by 2018 to go with it.

Edited by Ed Farmer

^I did notice one woman in a dress in that rendering.

Actually you are right now that I look closer there's a few. But no one w/ shorts. The attire represented does not scream summer!