TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 358: Two new slides & more announced for Adventure Island!

Does anyone else beside myself still hold out hope that eventually Busch Gardens will Rocky Mountain treatment their sad and closed Gwazi coaster? I mean as long as this ride is still standing pretty much intact there may be a teeny tiny chance down the road. Since CEO Manby seems to be on a adding rides mindset to Sea World Parks maybe there's a chance down the not so long road. He was with Hershend was he not when they started their relationship with RMC? Let's hope maybe Gwazi will roar again someday.

^ Clearly it's trap door slides.

Yea, that's my thinking as well. Almost all of the major water parks have trap door slides now, so I bet Adventure Island and Water Country both get them in the near future. It will probably be similar to the Breakaway Falls tower that they added at Aquatica Orlando a few years ago.

Does anyone else beside myself still hold out hope that eventually Busch Gardens will Rocky Mountain treatment their sad and closed Gwazi coaster? I mean as long as this ride is still standing pretty much intact there may be a teeny tiny chance down the road. Since CEO Manby seems to be on a adding rides mindset to Sea World Parks maybe there's a chance down the not so long road. He was with Hershend was he not when they started their relationship with RMC? Let's hope maybe Gwazi will roar again someday.

Nope. I think that wood is going to come down and used for firewood...what's left of it. That's just my opinion however. I know there are plenty that think it's still possible. I'm not holding my breath or anything, even though I'd love an RMC creation at my home/favorite park.

Nope. I think that wood is going to come down and used for firewood...what's left of it. That's just my opinion however. I know there are plenty that think it's still possible. I'm not holding my breath or anything, even though I'd love an RMC creation at my home/favorite park.

Would I love for it to happen? Abso-fricken-lutely. But everyday that it doesn't happen, it feels more and more like an fever dream. But I thought the same of Kentucky Kingdom's Twisted Twins...

I haven't really kept up with what may or may not happen to Gwazi once it closed, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to Rocky Mountain it even if it has been SBNO for a few years now. I have a hard time subscribing to the theory that it's only still standing because of the chain's financial situation. I really enjoyed the ride (many/most did not) and was sad to see it close- but I think one day the 'roided-up RMC version will happen.

New Attraction for Adventure Island to be announced soon!

I'm pretty much ecstatic to see this happening. It's so awesome to see a new addition to the park just two years after the last new ride. Can't wait!!

Edited by Dombot

I personally think that area needs a good flat ride package of some sort. Something similar to BGW's Da Vinci's Garden of Inventions. I love the park, but it really is lacking in flat rides. They could still put in a compact style coaster (like a Premier Sky Rocket II which has been rumored since before Cobra's Curse). Of course I'd love a nice hyper or giga, but there are other places they can put that (like the station in Tidal Waves spot running back to the retention ponds).

• 2 weeks later...

Fright Feast went up by $8 and they moved the fiends show to Stanleyville, still a solid purchase as you get a full meal before the event opens and 1.5 hours of express access, but that's a decrease in value.

Also one house less than last year, I'm surprised that the Black Spot is not returning as it fit the area very well. Good on them to keep Motel Hell which is an incredible haunt.

What exactly is the theme this year? And when will the announcement for adventure island happen?

I hate to say it, but with the opening dates getting closer and closer, HOS may take on a sort of generic Fright-Fest sort of format.Not saying I've given up hope just yet, but that's my prediction.

As for Adventure Island... well, God knows. BGT loves taking their sweet, sweet time don't they?

Hey everyone! I belive this is my first time on this thread and let me say that I love this park! I went twice and they let me bring a gopro on all the rides, so I took some videos and took screen shots of those then I made them into this

IMG_20170907_120556_processed.thumb.jpg.29b33498ae3653abe5022377f2d3a2f2.jpg

This is a real picture that was prismad!

With Irma now headed straight for Tampa, how much damage will BGT get? Will there be any serious problems?

I fully expect BGT and Adventure Island to have the most downtime of all the Florida Parks. BGT is not in a storm surge area, but they will certainly lose some power and have some damage that will need to be cleaned up Tuesday and maybe longer.

• 2 weeks later...