TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I'm sure they started
I am surprised about the lack of construction pictures coming out for Sky Screamer. Did they just not start yet?
This is where my question comes in: Why didn’t they start building it yet? If they did, it could be ready to roll by opening weekend. The weather is nice enough to do so now, so just why not?

This is definitely weird. It's almost like (stay with me on this) maybe the park was bought by Six Flags and not Disney and everyone else on the forum has been trying to explain this to no avail for the last year or so.

West Coast Racers was announced like 7 months ago and the construction site is literally just dirt (and that's at one of their good parks, not Darien Lake). Six Flags is not going to come in and turn Darien Lake into DisneySea. They're going to turn it into Darien Lake with Takis ads.

The sooner you realize that most of your questions could be answered with "because Six Flags doesn't give a f*ck about that", the better your life will be.

DL also just got a new communications rep which probably has something to do with the quiet.

Most Six Flags parks are embarrassingly bad at social media. Six Flags New England forgot that social media existed for basically all of Holiday in the Park last year. This is also typical and you should get used to it now.

I don't see why having a new communications rep has all that much to do with minimal social media. If you get hired as a communications contact for a company IF it is part of your job to tweet and put out pictures on instagram constantly the only thing you'd need is access to the password.

This seems more like how the company wants to run it (as said above) as opposed to someone having to learn how to log into the social media accounts.

Reading these last few pages makes me very happy that the offseason is almost over for all the parks so we can talk about something other than "why aren't they posting more updates"

Except this thread is just going to become...

"Why didn't they rebrand everything if they rebranded Ride of Steel?"

"Why won't they update social media?"

"Why won't this park get a giga diving launched flyer?"

Except this thread is just going to become...

"Why didn't they rebrand everything if they rebranded Ride of Steel?"

"Why won't they update social media?"

"Why won't this park get a giga diving launched flyer?"

Haha, true. Who knows... maybe this season people will just post pictures and be happy that there is a park of that size in that location. (wishful thinking)

Speaking of social media, this was what the park just posted on their Twitter page. Looks like they’re finally realizing that they are SIX FLAGS Darien Lake now, and got rid of that Darien Lake Vacations logo for their camping ads, and instead using a new “SFDL Hotel and Campground” logo.

549D6189-3A00-491C-97B7-548CE343CAE7.thumb.jpeg.bd432bea8fecbc09516a8d039220e831.jpeg

I never understood the whole hotel thing. I can spend 3 hours in the park and do everything, who the hell can spend 3 consecutive days? At Darien Lake? Which isn't near anything else?

Maybe they just want make more money off on concert weekends for people who don't want to camp out in the park.

If anyone wants an actual reasonable estimate of when it will open, I predict sometime around June 14th, which is when SFA opened their Skyscreamer. That's probably the best estimate because:

-SFA is a similarly sized park to DL (as far as I understand)

-SFA got their skyscreamer just two years before DL, so it's still a similar group of people in charge at Six Flags

-They're basically the same ride

Though at the end of the day, it's anyone's best guess.

^as i read your post, i was hoping you were going to let me know where i could find an actual reasonable discussion about Darien Lake, instead of what this thead has become. Thanks for your informative post. I feel like people have mentioned the skyscreamer at SFA previously here as an example. But the frequent posters on this board still are acting surprised that the ride isnt done yet.....

This thread is so insanely weird.

The thing that amazes me is that this thread has more pages than:

Knoebels

Busch Gardens Tampa

Silver Dollar City

Kennywood

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

and plenty of other parks that Seem like they should have more posts than Darien Lake (I say while contributing to the post list)

(Especially when 50% of the posts here are "where are our updates" and another 25% are "CUDA FALLS!!!!1!")

A few things,

I hate what this thread has become, at this point it's people with "better" parks to go to bashing this one. If you're not here to have a civil discussion then why are you here?

Secondly more on topic, the campgrounds near Viper are extremely nice, we've spent upwards of two weeks there. Some have patios and stuff, also the parks skyline from the campground is amazing.