TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Wow, even the ordinary people are beginning to question the lack of SkyScreamer content on SFDL’s social media. Get used to it people, Six Flags doesn’t like to really post on their accounts

But honestly, is it really that hard to post a picture every so often??

They’ve been advertising the sky screamer like crazy on the radio too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The park posted a few pictures of signage around the place. Here's the upgraded entrance sign looking great!

A "few" pictures? Can you share the other photos here as well by any chance?

The other two were just in park information/ad boards

Screenshot_20190424-145511_Instagram.thumb.jpg.82603f81cfe84b8c5de1cebc8364a564.jpg

The worst part about these pictures has nothing to do with the park, I just want there to be leafs on the trees. I'm ready for it to look and feel like it's spring (it looks just about the same where I live too currently)

The worst part about these pictures has nothing to do with the park, I just want there to be leafs on the trees. I'm ready for it to look and feel like it's spring (it looks just about the same where I live too currently)

I was in Philly yesteeday, and it made me angry that we dont have leaves yet.

20190423_124116.thumb.jpg.206712e48b38ef32e7b437019bde0bcc.jpg

Fans of the park I live in Oklahoma City as you know Frontier City like Darien was one of the newly acquired parks. Let's just say you are in for a real awesome treat. What Six Flags did to Frontier City in the Off season I was extremely impressed. Every single square inch of that park was touched from Ride system upgrades, Signage, Theme-ing, park wide sound system upgrades layout changes to give the park better traffic flow. They moved things around the new Kids area what they did there is First Class good quality work. Not cheap on the fly patch it up. They have put a lot of work into the park and I am thoroughly impressed what Six Flags done to the park. I had my doubts how it was treated last time it was a Six Flags park. The park this time around has been treated it's best in years. So I say you fans of Darien Lake you better be ready the park most likely changed and in a good way during the off season. those few signs Darien lake posted on social media is just the very very tiny tip of the iceberg. You should check out some of my recent trip reports of Frontier City on the Frontier City Thread to see all the changes Six Flags did to that park. Give you an idea what to expect from the Six Flags. https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75952&p=1903827&hilit=Frontier+City#p1903827

Fans of the park I live in Oklahoma City as you know Frontier City like Darien was one of the newly acquired parks. Let's just say you are in for a real awesome treat. What Six Flags did to Frontier City in the Off season I was extremely impressed. Every single square inch of that park was touched from Ride system upgrades, Signage, Theme-ing, park wide sound system upgrades layout changes to give the park better traffic flow. They moved things around the new Kids area what they did there is First Class good quality work. Not cheap on the fly patch it up. They have put a lot of work into the park and I am thoroughly impressed what Six Flags done to the park. I had my doubts how it was treated last time it was a Six Flags park. The park this time around has been treated it's best in years. So I say you fans of Darien Lake you better be ready the park most likely changed and in a good way during the off season. those few signs Darien lake posted on social media is just the very very tiny tip of the iceberg. You should check out some of my recent trip reports of Frontier City on the Frontier City Thread to see all the changes Six Flags did to that park. Give you an idea what to expect from the Six Flags. https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75952&p=1903827&hilit=Frontier+City#p1903827

Awesome to hear that, at least in FC’s case, Six Flags is actually putting thorough effort into upgrading their newly acquired parks. We’ve seen some of the upgraded signage, renderings of Flash Pass lines, and of course a huge new addition their first season in. As for the sound system, i’d love to see a sound system improvement at Darien. Over the course of the years, the speakers have gotten quite, or are flat out broken and high quality audio really sets a good mood throughout the park. Same goes for theming: this park has had ZERO theming since Six Flags left in the early 2000s, it’s dry, and blah. As I said with sound systems, theming also helps set a good mood through the park. Not let’s just hope maybe Six Flags will fork over a larger maintenance budget for the place, maintenance has been a train wreck for so long st this place. I’m excited to see all the improvements around the place.....hoping to attend opening day!

Alright, decided to DM the park’s Facebook. They are now saying that SkyScreamer is scheduled to open on May 18th.

Pretty aggressive schedule since the big crane for vertical assembly is only now going up.

So I saw in the Frontier City thread that the park is still using Pepsi products due to some contract agreement. Does this mean SFDL will also carry out using Pepsi this year?

Honestly i’d prefer if they had Pepsi instead of coke

Vertical construction update:

A la the parks Twitter

EDIT: I gotta admit, my favorite thing about this thread is that as soon as there’s some actual news everyone drops off the face of the earth, but when the website is refreshed, I’m calling it now this thread is going to be bonkers

A3B33AC5-FE3C-48AE-90D6-A9F64F1121FF.thumb.jpeg.10b73e623b01a76d242ed1a4a059ac1c.jpeg

3C5EF607-5BCE-4EC8-8FE2-1593D4427FAC.thumb.jpeg.e19b246fe8cc4bb27fbad3d2b651dce0.jpeg

Vertical construction update:

A la the parks Twitter

EDIT: I gotta admit, my favorite thing about this thread is that as soon as there’s some actual news everyone drops off the face of the earth, but when the website is refreshed, I’m calling it now this thread is going to be bonkers

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing...”where is everybody”

But honestly, they couldn’t have started this process like a month ago?? Really Six Flags?

I don’t quite know how I feel about the red roof on Twister’s queue house. Doesn’t quite look right. Idk maybe it’s just me