TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Not my photo, had it saved from years ago - this is Talon's sticker.

Mike

Ok, that picture does make sense. It says "Element M2?", unlike the "Track Element" that the other photos says, and the number does match up with the "Lift Element" and "Transfer Element". It must be something else, maybe station element or something?

The code is:

V15-026-M1

Matches with the "lift" and "transfer" elements

F64-055-T4

L21-012-L2

I'm not sure exactly what the numbers mean on the non-track elements.

For the "track element" pieces, The first group is the type of coaster, second is some sort of generic ID, and the third is "TE" - meaning "track element"? and the number in the sequence.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after looking at other coaster labels, and pictures of other coasters, I have come to the conclusion that the label does not determine the type of coaster. I think that it more so determines the "PART" of the coaster. Lets look at SheiKra's label "C57L1" Last time I checked a "C" had nothing to do with a Dive Machine. But it could be that the "C" is for the "Carousel Turn" at the top of the lift, and the "57" could be for the 57th piece of track. After all why do the need to label it saying what kind of coaster it is? The park already knows what they are getting, and B&M knows what they are making, so why say "This is your Floorless Coaster tack?" Did anyone stop to think that maybe the "SC" stands for the track part rather than the coaster type!! So all I am trying to say is that we can not determine what kind of coaster this is from the label, but rather what element it is. So here are pictures explaining what I am saying...

~Matthew

SheiKra.jpg.78aa4aa827485d885da65e95d4f18a0e.jpg

SheiKra's does not say "DM" or anything for dive machine, it just says C57L1.

Darknight.jpg.07371f96a85fdca4cfe51adba68d112b.jpg

This label is for the Darknight floorless coaster at Six Flags New England. It says "L21..." Then it says "Lift Element L2" So maybe instead of naming the track element now, they just leave the code.

No, that does make sense. Pieces #119 and #120 were next to each other, right before the splash down and piece #129 was right after the splash down, connecting it to the brake run. They are sequential.

What I meant was that not because a piece has the number 62, means that it will be the 62nd piece to be installed

Edit: ^ Actually it does say DM, in the "DESC" part, in tiny letters

^^^Maybe "M" stands for motor, like drive tires of something...

^^Look at the description on the label, it says "DM." They don't give a "track element" or "lift element" description on that SheiKra track. Notice that the part number, C57L1 is also at the end of the description.

Put it this way, the track labels are on their way to being cracked.

So after looking at other coaster labels, and pictures of other coasters, I have come to the conclusion that the label does not determine the type of coaster. I think that it more so determines the "PART" of the coaster. Lets look at SheiKra's label "C57L1" Last time I checked a "C" had nothing to do with a Dive Machine. But it could be that the "C" is for the "Carousel Turn" at the top of the lift, and the "57" could be for the 57th piece of track. After all why do the need to label it saying what kind of coaster it is? The park already knows what they are getting, and B&M knows what they are making, so why say "This is your Floorless Coaster tack?" Did anyone stop to think that maybe the "SC" stands for the track part rather than the coaster type!! So all I am trying to say is that we can not determine what kind of coaster this is from the label, but rather what element it is. So here are pictures explaining what I am saying...

~Matthew

Actually, if you look at the final line, Sheikra's piece does start with DM.

Ok, that picture does make sense. It says "Element M2?", unlike the "Track Element" that the other photos says, and the number does match up with the "Lift Element" and "Transfer Element". It must be something else, maybe station element or something?

"Midcourse" (as in, block brake)?

/Yes, I know that Talon doesn't have a true midcourse block brake.

We are saying that DM, SC, etc means the coaster type ONLY on the sections labeled "track element". Everything else is different. So far we have seen "track element" pieces with similar codes and they ALL seem to correspond to their coaster type.

The non-track element pieces (Lift, Midcourse brakes, transer, etc) also all have a similar code, which doesn't identify the type of coaster.

The picture you posted of Sheikra is a non-track element, thus it is different from the "track element" pieces. I'm actually trying to figure out what that picture is of, as it is much different from anything else we have seen. The "Desc" is a whole code, that does in fact identify it as a Dive Machine. Then you also have it labeled as Batch A3 and Sequence 3, all the other codes have Sequence 1 and nothing labeled next to "Batch". The Part number is also very different. I don't think that is a track piece at all, and probably not a support or pipe, as I saw a picture of a support piece labeled as "pipe".

Let me correct myself, I do believe that Sheikra picture is of a support. Check this out.

MC.jpg.2acea8ac61e642f27d05ba1d1ccbe5d8.jpg

This is from Goliath at SFOG.

sheikra_104.jpg.f11e4df90198f9210821e1c1708ac7e0.jpg

Now the one from Sheikra. Notice that there are some differences, most likely because B&M changed the ID tags a little. "Lot" has become "Batch" and they now put the full part # code in the "Desc" box, while only putting the part code "last 5 digit group" in the "Part #" field. If you compare this to Goliaths, you will see that the full part numbers do match up.

MC-E50-146-C46L1 compared to

DM-C50-157-C57L1 (notice that the last 5 digits are the part number)

After rereading 40 some odd pages of absolute confusion

i've decided to add yet another possible, overlooked idea

it may be possible that the track could be replacement track for the Darien Lake B&M coaster that has been sitting in an side parking lot for awhile.(which as so happens, is a stand-up coaster)

Look at the pictures from RCDB:

http://rcdb.com/ig3472.htm?picture=4

Compare them to the well looked at track pictures on page one.

The main difference is the old track has ball and socket joints like most older B&M's and the new track does not. But otherwise, its a perfect match.

EDIT: I was unaware that Intamin made any rides using the box spine.

I perspnally thought that was a B&M only type thing. That just blows my theory out of the water then. Darn.

You might have just got it. That makes a lot of sense. Right color, right code number (remember, as pointed out before, that B&M made standups before sitdowns, so the SC might very well be for standup), and it also makes sense for the customer to be "X-works" - Darien Lake may very well pick up the pieces (assuming they just replacing one or two dozen pieces).

Edit: Yes, its Intamin, damn.

^except that the Batman: the Escape coaster was built by Intamin and not B&M.

Also, how did this topic reach 40 pages of it's for SFA/AT/CW? It seems like a lot of rumors being reported as fact.

Some people rather post about where they WANT the coaster to go, not about figuring out where it will actually go. I think we have done some decent work deciphering the ID codes.

Judging by the pics, it's obvious that:

- This coaster is forceless.

- It's too short.

- The color is lame.

- It's not what the park really needs.

- I can already hear the rattling.

- B&M is just not very creative anymore.

- The park should have saved itself some money and bought LZ instead.

- It'd be better if it was an Intamin.

There, just thought I'd go ahead and beat everybody to the punch.

Am I correct in thinking that those track pieces at Darien Lake are what's left of Batman---The Escape from the now-defunct Six Flags AstroWorld? And, of course, spent time at SFGAd as Shock Wave after beginning its nomadic journey at SFMM as ShockWave waaayyy back in 1986.

There's an identical one at La Ronde that began its life in Sweden, but it's still operating last I heard.

Eric

Regarding the stand up at Darien Lake: I was under the impression that Intamin merely sold the ride. I believe the ride was actually designed/fabricated by Giovanola, which is coincidentally where B&M also got their start.

I believe Giovanola actually held (I say held because they are now bankrupt---no idea what happened to their assets) the patents for the B&M box track design, and that B&M actually had to license the use from them. Of course, this is all based on something I either heard or read awhile back, so I don't know how true it really is.

^^^^Well the DL track is not damaged perse, but it shows quiet a bit of a rusting issue.

With so much speculation on this topic alone, whats there to say that there might not be some secret deal to replace old Intamin track with new B&M track to just to throw everybody for a loop and open the first stand-up coaster in years? I doubt it, but you never know, it could happen.

"Intamin merely sold the ride. I believe the ride was actually designed/fabricated by Giovanola, which is coincidentally where B&M also got their start." (Jew)

That is correct. Giovanola also made the now-thankfully-defunct Flashback at SFMM. So, in theory, SFMM has had three Giovanola coasters over the years: Shock Wave, Flashback, and Goliath. If you go to rcdb and look at pictures of those rides, you'll see the similarity in track structure.

Eric

As several others have pointed out, Shockwave/Batman The Escape was built by Intamin. But, it was subcontracted to Giovanola, and--as I understand it--essentially designed by Bolliger & Mabillard. So if you did want to make some alterations to that particular ride, which company would you contact?

/Not that I'm endorsing this Darien Lake business.

//How is the park doing on its own, anyway?

[EDIT: Dang, beat to the punch on the B&M connection. You gotta move fast in this thread. ]

I don't think it is possible to figure out what park it is going to based on the barcode. Here is what I have so far

Barcode-----------Part # ----------------Park--------

576200062 ----- SC-R00-TE062 ==== Mystery

653200002 ----- DM-E00-TE002 === Chimelong Paradise

606200003 ----- IC2-E00-TE003 === Worlds of Fun

602600015 ----- LC-E00-TE015 ==== Happy Valley

613300070 ----- MC-E50-146-C46L1 = SFOG

601100002 ----- L21-012-L2 ====== SFNE

500500006 ----- V15-026-M1 ====== Dorney

623300025 ----- DM-C50-157-C57L1 == Busch Gardens Tampa

On all of the track pieces, the JOB # corresponds to the first 4 digits of the bar code. The next 5 digits seem to correspond to the Part # of the "track element" pieces (underlined).

I'm not sure how the barcode works, though, because all the barcodes seem so similar. I would think the Job # would be the same for the entire coaster, but that can't be because I believe you would run into the same last 5 digits between different pieces. It wouldn't make sense to have a different job # for each track/support piece because of the WOF and HV codes are so numerically close, they would probably have many common barcodes. It would make sense if there were only a couple different job #s for each coaster (1 for the lift elements, 1 for the track elements, etc), but then again, considering that they only make a couple of coasters each year, they could probably get away with recycling older barcodes.

I can't seem to find any correlation between the special track elements and the barcode. My guess is that it is based on the job # and then the numerical order of the piece, though that could be wrong.

I think the only way we find out where this is going is if A. it is extra/new track for a current/SBNO/storage coaster, or if we find plans for a B&M addition to a park.

Also interesting, I looked back at the photo of a barcode from Diamondback and it had the Customer labeled "DM-108". After realizing that, I'm starting to think this is either extra/new parts for a existing coaster and the park is going to pick up the track themselves, or this is a prototype.

A prototype would make a lot of sense. There have been no announcements, It is labeled differently than anything we have yet seen. X-works, as in (Project)X-Works (Work in progress/in the works?). Hmm. It just keeps getting more interesting.

I cannot seem to find it on screamscape, but maybe someone here knows what Im talking about. Probably 2 or 3 weeks before the IAAPA this year, screamscape reported that B&M would possibly release a new kind of coaster at the event. Unfortunantly the topic was never mentioned again and nother happened at IAAPA to my knowledge. Does anyone remember this article I am talking about? and do you think possibly this could in fact be the new coaster type screamscape was reporting?