TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

From the pics I wasn't sure what to make of the layout. It looked like it sort of gave up after the first inversion-that-isn't-an-inversion, but at the back of my mind I thought this would probably be a good thing and mean that it would carry a lot of speed through the course which having seen the videos it definitely does! It looks really unique!

The first part of the ride is far from pretty, but I love the long low-to-the-ground section and how there is a long continous section of high speed. Also the small hill looks like it will produce some decent airtime.

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out before, but the outside of the Castle Building looks a bit bland, does anyone know if they plan to add some more detail?

Other than that the ride looks completely insane and twisty! This ride is going on the bucket list!

Didn't see any talk on this, maybe I missed it. Anyone know what's happening on the first drop? All I can really piece together is that it at least rotates clockwise.

Yeah, it makes a 90 degree clockwise rotation when descending from the top of the lift to the exit from the tower.

Yeah... that looks awesome. :o

Twisty!

That part looks really intense, definitely caught my eye as well. I think the layout looks pretty great, but I don't really like the first element. Seriously, why can't it continue to rotate in the same direction at the top of the "half loops," like on one of Mauer's non-inverting loops? It could also use a little more airtime, but what little airtime it does have looks good! Other than that I love the speed and the uniqueness of the layout. I hope it rides as well as it looks!

Just saw this on youtube. Don't know if this soundtrack goes with the ride but it is pretty epic!

HOLY CRAP. Only thing sicker than the ride is that music.

That looks really awesome. I do love big coasters that have a focus on speed and forces/twists, though those airtime hills do not look shabby at all

I don't understand where all the hate for the first element comes from. I think gerstlauer meant it to be exactly how it is for a reason, and people should reserve their judgment until actually riding. It may have the best airtime and forces on the entire ride you don't know for sure. It looks like two solid doses of airtime to me.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand where all the hate for the first element comes from. I think gerstlauer meant it to be exactly how it is for a reason, and people should reserve their judgment until actually riding. It may have the best airtime and forces on the entire ride you don't know for sure. It looks like two solid doses of airtime to me.

I don't think people are giving it hate because of how they think it will ride, they are commenting on the aesthetics of the ride. When they finish theming the ride over next winter the whole look of the element might change but for now it really doesn't looks pleasing to the eye.