TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Torre Del Mar is now entirely in pieces, ready to be shipped off to Terra Mitica (presumably).

Even though rumours pointed out to Torre del Mar being relocated to Terra Mítica, the Spanish park went for a brand new Star Flyer. I know this because TM's Star Flyer was finished months ago and has already been testing.

By the way, I am so happy to see another park investing in a SkyFly. They are such amazing rides! They can go from really mild and pleasant to completely insane, and it looks like Hansa's will have top-notch themeing, which is great! Wasn't there another German/Austrian park with an oddly-themed SkyFly called Volo Da Vinci or something like this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More themening work done on Kärnan

New logo in the stairwell.

A look at the storage boxes

Foundations for Hanse-Flieger are now in place.

Vegetation have been removed from Rio Dorado's surroundings. Re-theme on the way?

I filmed the preshow of Kärnan this week. Before you enter the train you enter this round room full of doors. There are 4 rows that hold 4 people each. Then the show starts and "Kärnans spell" selects your row by opening one random gate and one random door and so on. So you never know witch row you end up in.

On April 30th Kärnan was awarded the FKF (Freundeskreis Kirmes und Freizeitparks e.V.) award, one of the most prestigious theme park awards in Europe. Earlier recipients of this award include Helix at Liseberg, Juvelen at Djurs Sommerland and Arthur at Europa Park to name a few.

The award was given to park manager Christoph Andreas Leicht (of the Leicht family that owns the park) and managing director of Gerstlauer Siegfried Gerstlauer.

13071909_10153801918889635_5628027435617534250_o.jpg

________________________________________________-

In other news, Kärnan's wall themening is making very good progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: how does the reverse drop work?

I imagine that when the train stops near the top of the lift, it is held by a holding brake while the chain with the catch car reverses down the lift to a safe position. Then the holding brake releases and the train drops to a bottom of the lift and was caught by another holding brake. Then the catch car engage with the train again to finish the course.

Question: how does the reverse drop work?

I imagine that when the train stops near the top of the lift, it is held by a holding brake while the chain with the catch car reverses down the lift to a safe position. Then the holding brake releases and the train drops to a bottom of the lift and was caught by another holding brake. Then the catch car engage with the train again to finish the course.

You nailed it

I really appreciate that Hansa Park continues its efforts to complete the theming for Kärnan. They could just as easily let the ride exist without any additional work and guests would be content, so the fact that they are taking the time and effort to continue even after the ride has been operating for as long as it has is a great thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Me + friend are visiting Hansa in a week (June 3rd). Got any tips on how to conquer the park the best way possible? Especially which rides have the worst capacity, and where to eat since eating at a new park is always a gamble.

And of course if anyone's there on the same days, PM me so we can meet-up!

Me + friend are visiting Hansa in a week (June 3rd). Got any tips on how to conquer the park the best way possible? Especially which rides have the worst capacity, and where to eat since eating at a new park is always a gamble.

And of course if anyone's there on the same days, PM me so we can meet-up!

First question I should ask is when do you expect to arrive at the park? Be aware that if you arrive when the park opens at 9 A.M most of the rides in the back (including Kärnan and Fluch) are not open until 10. AFAIK out of all the coasters only Nessie and Rasender Roland open with the park since they're up front near the entrance, so do those first and then get in the line outside Kärnan's entrance before it opens. The rest of the day you can do almost any order you like, but note that the crowds reach their peak around 1 P.M and do not let up until around 5 (an hour before closing). Then you can get in line for a popular ride like Kärnan or Fluch a few minutes before the park closes (preferably five-to-ten minutes to give you some margin) since the lines stay open as long as the park does. If you get out in time (preferably before 6.30) you can sneak one extra ride on Nessie since they keep it running as long as there are people in line.

And I agree with Elissa that the crepe stand is fantastic and always a must whenever you visit.

^We've always had good luck at the quick serve Italian place and right nearby is an amazing fresh Crepe stand!

You know, it's funny, but the best crepes I've ever had have been in Germany and not in France.

^We've always had good luck at the quick serve Italian place and right nearby is an amazing fresh Crepe stand!

You know, it's funny, but the best crepes I've ever had have been in Germany and not in France.

Wouldn't be surprised if crepes are actually a bigger thing in Germany than in France. They're almost as common an item as bratwursts.