TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I just caught wind of a new rumor. Apparently Six Flags New England has bought the former Moonsault Scramble ride from Fuji-Q Highland and will be tearing down the Cyclone to make room for this new first-of-its-kind-in-New-England shuttle roller coaster in 2012.

Not gonna happen they just fixed up Cyclone.

This was just posted to SFNE Online's Facebook.

So Deja Vu was approved. Everything in front of Shipwreck Falls, the baseketball game, the soccer game, ect will be moved somewhere else in the park. One of the buildings will be repurposed as the entrance.

Link

Did the site remove members? I tried to login twice & my username/password no longer work.

Should be interesting to see how they plan to improve operations on this ride,too bad the other two were removed cuz it looks like a good concept of an existing vekoma product(boomerang/invertigo) but was poorly executed from an engineering standpoint.

What exactly were the problems with it? I remember all three having huge downtime when they first opened but I haven't heard much about SFMM's lately. Is it worked out? I don't think Silverwood's had problems with theirs either.

I can't believe people are complaining about this, it looks fantastic. Kind of dumb to put it RIGHT NEXT to Flashback but whatevs....getting a new coaster (especially one this large) without losing one is pretty good.

Much like with Leviathan and Behemoth, I don't think people are complaining as much as saying it's odd to have a boomerang and a giant inverted boomerang right next to each other.

I much prefer a GIB to a regular one so I'm happy and actually hope they're even closer to each other than that pic since I love rides to be squished together. Deja Vu will also be appropriately named if it keeps it's current name.

It's not so much that I hate Deja Vu as a name. It's more that I like how Crackaxle Canyon has retained it's theming nicely, and they have a chance to make the ride fit in with that really well, and Deja Vu just doesn't really fit the bill. And you're right, it is a little silly to have a ride called Flashback right next to a ride called Deja Vu. It reminds me of when AstroWorld had a Texas Cyclone and a Texas Tornado at the same time.

It's not so much that I hate Deja Vu as a name. It's more that I like how Crackaxle Canyon has retained it's theming nicely, and they have a chance to make the ride fit in with that really well, and Deja Vu just doesn't really fit the bill. And you're right, it is a little silly to have a ride called Flashback right next to a ride called Deja Vu. It reminds me of when AstroWorld had a Texas Cyclone and a Texas Tornado at the same time.

Carolina Goldrusher

Carolina Cyclone

Carolina Cobra

How about "Raging Bull" for a DejaVu Rename?

I thought about the triple Carolina names too haha. I think I might be ok with Raging Bull. Although it doesn't totally strike me as an inverted name. I usually think of an inverted as a flying type creature. Like Fire Falcon or something. But I'm sure they'll end up just reusing Goliath again. Not that the GP really cares.

Now people will really have deja vu riding "Deja Vu" after riding "Flashback". At least this way it will live up to it's name (If it's kept, probably not). I'll have to head down to SFNE one last time to ride Shipwreck Falls before it closes.

I hate to whine, I really do but I need to here. I've stopped going to SFNE anyway even though it's the closest park to me because I think Six Flags has really ruined that place. Their initial additions were amazing... as was Batman the Dark Knight and after that they started to rip every last bit of charm out of the place... removing the log flume and a million other flat rides, ripping out Timber Town for that hideous Wiggles world thing and re-theming Superman for no reason whatsoever.

Other than Rockville... the only nice part of that park left is Crackaxle Canyon and now they're ripping out a well themed, much needed water ride (It was a great relief from the heat because it got you wet but not soaked) and putting a Boomerang next to the other Boomerang.

I don't get off of the East Coast much but I did get to go to SFMM in 2002 and I loved Deja Vu.. but I still don't get this at all. It would be great if they were replacing Flashback and putting this in it's place (it may not fit though with the Skyway there) but having both in the same park is really, really stupid. They should either replace Flashback with this or just get new trains for Flashback ALA Carolina Cobra, move Deja Vu to some park that really needs it like Six Flags America or Great Escape and then call it a day.

^The Great Escape already has a boomerang as well, so that'd turn into the same problem. I really hope Flashback leaves shortly, I mean there is no point in keeping it anymore! Sell it to another park, or for scrap, and put a family flat ride in its place is what I say!

Just updated this thread with the Deja Vu news from the SFMM thread:

By Brady MacDonald Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

August 19, 2011, 2:07 p.m.

Well, that didn't last long.

Six Flags Magic Mountain will relinquish sole ownership of the coveted title of "Roller Coaster Capital of the World" later this year when the Valencia, Calif., amusement park removes one of its record-setting 18 coasters.

Magic Mountain boasted of nabbing the coaster title when the Green Lantern: First Flight spinning coaster officially opened in July. The removal of Deja Vu will move Magic Mountain back into a statistical tie with Cedar Point in Ohio, which also has 17 coasters.

> Coaster showdown: Cedar Point vs. Magic Mountain

> Top 10 coasters: Cedar Point | Magic Mountain

Deja Vu is expected to close in October, meaning Magic Mountain will have held the uncontested coaster crown for a mere four months.

Built in 2001, the Vekoma boomerang-style Deja Vu coaster with suspended cars features a 102-foot-tall loop and a 110-foot-tall cobra roll, with riders traveling along the 1,200-foot-long track twice, once forward and once backward, according to Roller Coaster Database.

Prone to down time and rough rides, Deja Vu is one of my least favorite coasters at the park and will not be missed. Similar versions of the outdated ride have been disappearing from bigger parks around the world, finding new homes and extended lives at smaller parks.

Deja Vu is expected to be relocated to Six Flags New England, with an official announcement anticipated in early September. The local planning board recently approved plans for a giant inverted boomerang coaster at the Massachusetts amusement park.

The move is a curious one, considering Six Flags New England already has an older, smaller, shorter and slower model of the Vekoma boomerang-style inverted shuttle coaster called Flashback.

Deja Vu will replace the Shipwreck Falls shoot the chutes water ride at Six Flags New England. The park has no plans to remove Flashback.

Deja Vu is expected to open with a new name at Six Flags New England in summer 2012. Expect to see Six Flags relocate more old rides to new parks within the amusement chain for 2012.

I hate to whine, I really do but I need to here. I've stopped going to SFNE anyway even though it's the closest park to me because I think Six Flags has really ruined that place. Their initial additions were amazing... as was Batman the Dark Knight and after that they started to rip every last bit of charm out of the place... removing the log flume and a million other flat rides, ripping out Timber Town for that hideous Wiggles world thing and re-theming Superman for no reason whatsoever.

Other than Rockville... the only nice part of that park left is Crackaxle Canyon and now they're ripping out a well themed, much needed water ride (It was a great relief from the heat because it got you wet but not soaked) and putting a Boomerang next to the other Boomerang.

I don't get off of the East Coast much but I did get to go to SFMM in 2002 and I loved Deja Vu.. but I still don't get this at all. It would be great if they were replacing Flashback and putting this in it's place (it may not fit though with the Skyway there) but having both in the same park is really, really stupid. They should either replace Flashback with this or just get new trains for Flashback ALA Carolina Cobra, move Deja Vu to some park that really needs it like Six Flags America or Great Escape and then call it a day.

SFA couldn't install it due to the height restrictions....just be fortunate that SFNE is getting something,they became just another of SFI's "favorited" parks over the years & Shapiro really spoiled them during his run since he has family up there & all.

^I highly doubt sfne has been improved greatly because Shapiro has family nearby. I'd say it's because of the HUGE market this park has. I mean eastern MA has nothing in terms of parks, and sfne is a big draw (they have great bus routes from Boston to the park too).

Deja Vu would have been great for TGE but there's the height issue and neighbor complaint issue with that park too. The way I see it Flashback has to be slated for removal after next year. If I'm not mistaken it's one of the oldest boomerangs around (not that it's aged badly though).

^Agreed it is abysmal! that being said, it has served its purpose, and now that a bigger better version of it is being installed right next to it, they should probably get rid of it. It will serve no purpose at the park, but we will have to see if people still line up to ride it next season.