TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Just got back from a day at the park a few hours ago... here's a mini TR:

* The weather was pretty crappy most of the day... showers with breaks of sun followed by more showers. It turned out Ok though, because the showers were pretty light (except for one big downpour) and almost all the rides remained running during the rain. After 6pm, the park began to empty and most rides ended up being total walk-ons the rest of the night.

* The crowds were light due to the weather, so that combined with our FP helped us get on everything we wanted multiple times and even let us hit up the water park for a couple hours (we were already wet anyway, so why not!?)

* HOLY CRAP - I rode the Cyclone in the back seat for the first time in about 15 years because I had to know what everyone's been talking about (I've obviously been on since then, but not in the back seat), and I finally experienced that crazy ejector air on the first drop... it's pretty violent!

* Thunderbolt was running AWESOME in the rain, but it was the most annoying line since they were only running one train.

* Bizarro was running awesome all day, rode it a bunch alternating front and back seats. It was pretty much a walk on by 7pm since the park was mostly empty. People were just getting off the ride and running around getting back on. Pretty sweet.

* Batman was down in the morning, but opened up fast enough. The corkscrews were a little rough, they really shake you in a couple spots. I still love Batman though... the zero-g roll is my favorite inversion in general, and Batman's is a pretty good one.

* I came to the conclusion that I hate Mind Eraser more than the Roller Coaster at NYNY. I swear that coaster gets worse by the minute.

* Flashback was down most of the day. When it was open, it had little to no line... hmm... wonder why...

* Overall, the weather didn't prevent us from doing anything and the park wasn't really full so we had a great day!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Thunderbolt NEVER runs two trains. I have heard it's dent an accident years ago. I have found that the single train operation is made worse by lackluster load times.

While the Cyclones first drop is still intense, I remember it being even more so before it was modified. Is that your recollection as well?

Erm...just a little question. Does SFNE have lil cubbies on the rides to leave your stuff (Or a bin or anywhere where you can leave a bag) or do you have to bring everything on with you like at stupid SFGadv.

Flashback, Cyclone, and all the flat rides have cubbies. Your only really forced to put stuff in a locker on Bizarro, Batman, and Mind Eraser. But ever since they added the souvenir cup holders, the ride ops have been more lenient on people leaving stuff on the side.

While the Cyclones first drop is still intense, I remember it being even more so before it was modified. Is that your recollection as well?

Yes, I'd say that the original drop was crazier than now... I don't remember the airtime pop that's there now, but I remember that the Cyclone's first drop was truly the only drop that scared the crap out of me consistently.

Erm...just a little question. Does SFNE have lil cubbies on the rides to leave your stuff (Or a bin or anywhere where you can leave a bag) or do you have to bring everything on with you like at stupid SFGadv.

In addition to Flashback and Cyclone, I remember seeing that Pandemonium had cubbies too. They were being VERY strict with loose items on Bizarro. If people were putting hats, sunglasses, etc. on the side, they would not dispatch until people were wearing their stuff announcing the items would not be there when the train returned. The only things people were leaving on the Batman platform seemed to be flip-flops, which they were allowing. I believe you can leave things on the side on Thunderbolt, but can't remember for certain.

Edited by xmichellex

In addition to Flashback and Cyclone, I remember seeing that Pandemonium had cubbies too. They were being VERY strict with loose items on Bizarro. If people were putting hats, sunglasses, etc. on the side, they would not dispatch until people were wearing their stuff announcing the items would not be there when the train returned. The only things people were leaving on the Batman platform seemed to be flip-flops, which they were allowing. I believe you can leave things on the side on Thunderbolt, but can't remember for certain.

You're right. Pandemonium and Thunderbolt do have them. I always tend to leave my shoes on the side of Batman and Mind Eraser. And then I usually tuck my phone and whatever else is in my pocket, deep in my shoe.

When I went a couple weeks ago, they would run down the train on Bizarro with any loose articles asking who's it was, they then told them that they were going to leave it on the side, but to never do it again.

A bag filled with medicine (Allergic to nuts) so I can't really lose that so I guess I need to get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Are there all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo or just 2 hour ones?

They have full day lockers all over the place. The best ones are right through the main gate, to the right. You don't need a key or anything. It's pretty cool. Or you could call guest relations and ask them if you could leave your medicine in the first aid building. I think they would approve that but you never know.

A bag filled with medicine (Allergic to nuts) so I can't really lose that so I guess I need to get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Are there all day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo or just 2 hour ones?

They have full day fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo all over the place. The best ones are right through the main gate, to the right. You don't need a key or anything. It's pretty cool. Or you could call guest relations and ask them if you could leave your medicine in the first aid building. I think they would approve that but you never know.

We got an all day lock.er (I didn't want to drag my purse around with me). It's $13 for an all-day lock.er - well, $13 for the smallest size, but that fit 2 sweatshirts, a bag of bathing suits and stuff for the water park, and my purse, so that's probably all you'd need. There's also a medium and large for a couple more bucks each. The lock.ers by the big coasters are $1 per use and the time limit is 2 hours.

Six Flags New England Announces Goliath –

A Coaster of Epic Proportions for the 2012 Season

Six Flags New England, home to the largest collection of coasters in the Northeast, today announced the addition of Goliath a suspended looping boomerang coaster that will leave guests wondering which way is up! New England’s newest coaster will reside in the Crack Axle Canyon section of the park and will make its debut in late spring of 2012.

The ride experience will begin when guests are strapped into chairs suspended from the track above, Goliath sends riders dangling face-down out of the station and up the first tower. Once riders reach the top of the tower they are dropped into a complete vertical 18-story free-fall reaching speeds of 65 miles-per-hour before racing head-over-heels on the outside of a

102-foot-tall vertical loop followed by an enormous 110-foot-tall butterfly turn before rocketing up the second 19-story tower. Think that’s all…hold on, there’s more as guests are sent rocketing back through the entire experience all over again with nothing beneath their feet but earth

and sky.

“Six Flags New England is thrilled to announce the addition of Goliath to our already amazing arsenal of rides,” said Jason Freeman, Six Flags New England park president. “This ride delivers pure adrenaline from start to finish and solidifies our commitment to adding high volume fun for the entire family.” Goliath joins an incredible line up of coasters including: Cyclone, Batman The Dark Knight, Mind Eraser and of course the top rated steel coaster, Bizarro. When coaster enthusiasts are looking for thrills and excitement, Six Flags New England is their #1 choice! Six Flags New England is also home to three dedicated children’s areas, entertaining shows, FREE concerts and New England’s largest water park. Guests can experience Goliath-sized thrills all season long with a 2012 Season Pass! Buy three

(3) 2012 Season Passes today for $59.99, and get one (1) FREE, plus receive FREE parking. Season passes must be processed by October 30, 2011 to receive FREE parking and can be used for the remainder of the 2011 season. Be sure to check out Fright Fest, New England’s premier haunted attraction, weekends in October. Don’t miss out on the fun, visit http://www.sixflags.com to purchase online.

Source:

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/goliath/

Goliath1.jpg.1a3cf4cfc55870d11d8f751f8a9412fc.jpg

Goliath2.thumb.jpg.70c67ae2ab5fa80416c1da23874fe106.jpg

New Picture.bmp

Edited by robbalvey

For where it's going in SFNE, it does make sense. It's going to appear to tower over everything else in the park. What I don't think is fitting is the coloring being the same as Deja Vu has now, since it won't look that great in Crack Axel Canyon. But beggars can't be choosers.