TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I just went to SFNE the other day to ride "Bizzaro" for the first time since it was changed from Superman and... its just not the same as it used be. In my opinion the new theming put into place during the course of the ride does make it more enjoyable than before, BUT it does not make up for the other aspects of the ride that were decreased in awesomeness. Not only is the music just plain annoying, but the ride itself has become more bumpy in certain seats. I remember back a few years ago that riding Superman in the very back was hands down the best coaster experience I've ever had. Now that's all changed. On the entire back half of Bizzaro you consistently feel like you are getting jerked around the hills and turns. Don't get me wrong, its not "omg this is so bumpy and gives me a headache". Instead its "Wow this ride is now slightly bumpy and jerky in the back half? It was smooth as butter when it was superman!" This leaves me thinking... Why would Six Flags risk changing a ride that was already amazing to start with? It just doesn't make any sense to me, why not just give the ride a fresh coat of paint and some repairs?? Personally, I believe that Bizzaro's problems lie in the new trains that they have implemented. Having said that, I am left with some hope for the future of the ride. I hope that they will one day bring back the old trains or just build new ones for the ride, and hopefully both will be free of that annoying music. After the ride, all that's stuck in my head is the chant of " BIZZARO, BIZZARO, BIZZARO". This leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth as I exit the station (Same thing happens after the other Bizzaro at Gadv). This year when I heard that they had changed the soundtrack I was ecstatic. Now they play a mix of rock and hip-hop songs as you navigate the hills and turns( Which is better, but I still prefer no music), but then on brake run at the end, they left that blasted Bizzaro chant!. Oh my God, WHY?.

Bizzaro is still my #1 Steel coaster primarily because I haven't ridden most of the other top rated steel coasters around the world. Hopefully that will change in the future as I plan to start going on TPR trips now that I'm 18 . However, Bizzaro is no longer my overall #1 Coaster. That title now belongs to El Toro at Great Adventure. Maybe it's just me or maybe it was just the day I went on, but the overall quality of the park has decreased as well. Service is plain horrible and the new coaster they got for this year is just as bad. Gotham City Gauntlet may be even worse then Manhattan Express in my books. I felt like I was going to die of pain throughout the ride and couldn't wait for the second I got off the damn thing. It would be reassuring to hear from other people that it isn't just me or the day I went on. I really hope that I am wrong about Bizzaro.

^^How did I know someone would ask me that? It seems that everyone except me finds it a very positive, inspiring song. It's incredibly intense and the dark feel plus some of the lyrics brought up images that gave me a nightmare after I first listened to it! It's one of my favorite Zeppelin songs and the one that gets in my head the most often.

The end.

Was at the park today. Other than the typical breakdowns associated with Summer at Six Flags, not much to report.

However, Cyclone was running different this year. That ride, has the single most insane moment of airtime I've ever experienced on a coaster

I agree with the above posts. There is now one spot on Cyclone that has CRAZY ejector air. It scared the shit out of me when it happened, never would have expected it! I was literally ejected like half of foot out of my seat and thought I was going to fly out !!! Its like the last hill of El Toro x2

^I personally think El Toro's airtime has a bit more of a controlled feeling simply because of the hydraulic lap bars. Every single hill on El Toro is probably more forceful than anything on Cyclone, but since you have so much room to move on the latter, you really get that omgwtfamigoingtodie sensation

It's been about a year since I've been on Cyclone, but IIRC in the back at the beginning of the first drop, you get one really sudden pop of airtime that tosses you right into the lap bar. You come back down for a second that get tossed all the way back up for the rest of the drop.

I agree. That first drop is the most intense ejector air time I've ever experienced on a ride. If it didn't have seatbelts that ride would probably be unsafe in the back

And you've ridden El Toro.........

Yes and I LOVE the airtime on El Toro. I just think the lap bars on Cyclone that bounce up and down give a truly insane moment of air on the first drop of Cyclone.

I just wanted to post to confirm the amazing jolt of airtime in the back seat of Cyclone on the drop...it just comes out of NOWHERE. Might be the best moment of airtime anywhere in the world, and I've been on stuff like New Texas Giant, Toro, Bizarro, Cyclops, etc.

Can't wait to see how it's running in 2 weeks and hopefully it still delivers how I remember!

Guess I'm gonna have to ride Cyclone again when I hit the park soon. I haven't gone out of my way to ride it many times since they changed that first insane drop. Cyclone used to be the only coaster that ever actually scared me to death to ride because of the original first drop. I've ridden it since the change, but can't really recall anything that great about it... maybe I'll check out the back seat if I can - I wouldn't mind feeling that "omfg I'm gonna die" feeling again, haha...

As an advisory... you know the big jolt of air on the drop next to the station after the high turnaround? It's gone. The new Topper Track smoothed out the transition so that doesn't happen anymore. I was sad. The first drop is still the same though.

As an advisory... you know the big jolt of air on the drop next to the station after the high turnaround? It's gone. The new Topper Track smoothed out the transition so that doesn't happen anymore. I was sad. The first drop is still the same though.

Yeah, I think all of us are referring to the moment right after the lift disengages...that huge kink in the dip that goes into the turn. Insane!

Yes The jolt on the first drop is what I was referring to at least. It is still batsh*t crazy! As for the other drop near the station, I am glad that it has gotten the topper track because it used to jackhammer my back a lot at the bottom. I just wish SFNE could find a way to run the second half of the ride without those awful trims! They seriously murder that portion of the ride.

Agreed. The brakes on the latter half are an affront to the SPIRIT OF THRILL. Who is very nice and hangs out at my place on Tuesdays. Also, a much less significant change: I for one don't like how they rearranged the line a couple years back. I really liked that little tunnel under the ride that let out by the Scrambler for some reason. Probably the photo booth.

Agreed. The brakes on the latter half are an affront to the SPIRIT OF THRILL. Who is very nice and hangs out at my place on Tuesdays. Also, a much less significant change: I for one don't like how they rearranged the line a couple years back. I really liked that little tunnel under the ride that let out by the Scrambler for some reason. Probably the photo booth.

Dude I too noticed this between my visits in 2005 and 2008! The old line was so much better IMO.

2 weeks until Bizarro Bash! and Im also just as excited for Cyclone as Bizarro. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that Deja Vu is replacing Ship Wreck Falls. Which makes the rumor even more insane because then flashback is no more than 1000 feet down the midway. I want it to go in the south end, AWAY from flashback. Also, I never realized how giant GIB's are. They're only like 15-20 feet shorter than Bizarro.

I'm all for new coasters at SFNE, but I just don't see this one fitting in... although, I would take Deja Vu over Flashback any day. Maybe they don't consider the coasters to be similar enough to matter? I'm having a hard time believing this will happen.

If the unlikely rumor that Deja Vu comes to SFNE proves true, do you think that it'd replace Flashback or act as the "Green Lantern" of SFNE on the other side of the park?

It's going to replace Shipwreck Falls, likely with a western theme to it.

I honestly wish that Flashback would be replaced if we got Deja Vu. I'm sure another Six Flags park could use it. However, Flashback had quite a bit of downtime during my visits last year. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day, but the ride had several breakdowns when I walked by it.

However, it would make sense if it replaced Shipwreck Falls. Whenever I walk by Shipwreck Falls, it is always a walk-on, even on really hot days. Some of that can be attributed to the fact that the entrance is a bit hidden, but the ride just isn't as popular as it used to be due to the park's massive water park.

Adding Deja Vu to the Crackaxle Canyon would be great since it would be that area's first roller coaster and increase traffic flow to the area.