TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

If it's true there's no way its headed anywhere but KI.

Kentucky Kingdom

I saw the thread and it stated is was green square Intamin track. I know Intamin makes a square track but IF this is going to be a giga I would think they would use the beefier track like what's on I-305. I guess we'll have to wait and see if its spotted at KI.

Could it be headed to Dollywood? I71 and then I75 just south of Cinci would take it in that direction.

Or I71 to Louisville and I64 to St Louis...

Plenty of places that track could be going.

If it's true there's no way its headed anywhere but KI.

Kentucky Kingdom

I saw the thread and it stated is was green square Intamin track. I know Intamin makes a square track but IF this is going to be a giga I would think they would use the beefier track like what's on I-305. I guess we'll have to wait and see if its spotted at KI.

Unless it's track for a launched coaster.

Could it be headed to Dollywood? I71 and then I75 just south of Cinci would take it in that direction.

Or I71 to Louisville and I64 to St Louis...

Plenty of places that track could be going.

It's too early to jump to conclusions. KD didn't get I305 track until late July of 2009. Too soon to call it.

So first trip to the Island today, not too busy so managed to get in plenty of rides even without Fast Lane. Scored three rides on Diamondback during the first half hour, loved every second.

The Beast was a pleasant surprise - not nearly as rough as I was expecting and the drop after the second lift hill is one of the best I've ever seen on a woodie.

After riding Iron Dragon I wasn't hugely excited for Flight Deck, but I couldn't have been more wrong. This is far more forceful! Rode in the front and we had some insane swing-time.

Even with the official licensing gone, influences from the Paramount days still add some nice touches to a lot of the rides, especially Adventure Express and Flight of Fear. Backlot Stunt Coaster was good but would be nice to see all of the effects restored.

Park would benefit from a bit more shade on the midways and certain queues. Even with the sails I was cooked fairly well while waiting in line for Firehawk.

The kids area is one of the best I've seen at a large park - great selection of rides, not just the usual collection of spinning flats you see at a lot of parks. The log flume had some serious speed to it!

Overall a really good collection of coasters, not really a bad one in the entire park and Diamondback alone made the trip worthwhile. Will definitely stop in for early entry tomorrow to get in a few extra rides!

^Even if it comes from overseas, it's going to land in a port, be offloaded onto a truck, and shipped from there. Pretty much any Northeastern port would go through this corridor. Also it could be on a flatbed with supporting pieces to avoid damage, it isn't necessarily in a closed container, although I'm not sure why they would unload it from a container if it was shipped in before it got to the park. I know B&M track at least is usually shipped on flatbeds, although of course that's made in the US not shipped in.

If this is in fact Intamin track and headed for KI, we should know soon enough. Someone pointed out over at KI Central that this could also be Mack or Gerstlauer track, which would fit the Dollywood theory.

What I don't understand is how can you see Green Intamin track on the freeway through a shipping container??? Doesn't all Intamin track come from over seas??? Have they started using a manufacturer in the US like B&M?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Inta-Ride is made in the US, similar to the way B&M does it.

Drove to Clermont Steel. The supports are a dark green color. Think "Forest Green".

The green section of track is still there, and has not been moved since last week.

It is possible that the track is replacement, and the supports will be shipping to their construction site soon.

I do know that the Batavia plant builds the older style B&M trains, and there happen to be 3 box trailers sitting out front.

If KI wants to go back to the theme before Action Zone, I would say, the supports would fit, and are indeed going to KI.

went to the park today, has anybody else seen the very tall footers that turn through that ravine? it looks like it is the beginning of a very intense turn that rides the terrain and can be easily seen while riding delirium and barely by foot through the cracks in the construction fence. I will be here for the next two days so if you guys need me to sneak information on suspicious activity im the guy!

went to the park today, has anybody else seen the very tall footers that turn through that ravine? it looks like it is the beginning of a very intense turn that rides the terrain and can be easily seen while riding delirium and barely by foot through the cracks in the construction fence. I will be here for the next two days so if you guys need me to sneak information on suspicious activity im the guy!

Any pics possible through the fence or even the Eiffel Tower? However, if you are talking about the ones seen from Adventure Express' line, I thought those are King Cobra's old ones. Are these definitely new?

oldfooters.thumb.JPG.52125b2163eb6670a9a13b6895f49cba.JPG

These are King Cobra's old footers, if I remember correctly.

So we can expect to see another wing rider pop up in a park next year? Probably at Six Flags and definitely not at a Cedar Fair park.

I wonder if those dark green supports go with the wing rider track or if they could possibly be for KI 2014.