TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

They have 364 used and another 300 or so for future development if my memory serves me so there is plenty of room to expand. It seem like they even sold some of it to the City of Mason several years back. They could become a major, major player in years to come because they have so much land to utilize.

According to Warren county records, the map looks like they own all the way to the river. They own up to Kings High School but there are to parcels across from Great Wolf ( parcel # 9434034 and 9426795 ) They are next to that green house thing. The circular drive and the cleard circle in the trees are a different property owner.

Go to this site and it will help. Then click on a property then click on map.

http://www.co.warren.oh.us/auditor/property_search/prop_grid.asp?strSQL_CMD=SELECT+%2A+FROM+CAMAWEB%2EPRPTY+WHERE+1+%3D+1++AND+OWNER%5FNAME+LIKE+%27KINGS%25%27+AND+OWNER%5FNAME+LIKE+%27%25+ISLAND%25%27+ORDER+BY+Owner%5FName

^That video was posted a few pages back. It is priceless footage of a coaster legend.

As for the question of undeveloped land how much of it is really suitable to build on? As much I would have liked to have seen the Action Zone area possibly expanded into SOB's location it seems the more you move away from the main park you start to get changes in the terrain that more than likely will prohibit building new themed areas. Flight Deck is basically built within a ravine.

The one thing I like about "difficult terrain" is that is really does create some very interesting rides. Just a few examples are of couse, The Beast, and Kennywoods coasters too. There are way too many examples to list here. Overall, many good rides that way.

I agree. They make the coaster ride feel more natural.

I think the concern is more about the terrain causing problems for pathways and what have you, and not so much the rides themselves. As the park is laid out now, much of the unused land is behind rides and would require paths either around or through the rides, and occasionally through some pretty tricky terrain. Cincinnatians are no strangers to hills, but I don't think anyone would want to hike down to a themed area located in the middle of a ravine. Luckily, though, I don't think that any of KI's terrain is quite extreme enough to warrant hundreds of stairs or a funicular.

^Thank you. That's what I was trying to get at with my question about the terrain and what is undeveloped at KI and used Flight Deck as an example of the change in elevation from where Drop Tower is to where FD's station is. I'm all for rides that use the terrain to its advantage where applicable (Adventure Express is one) but there may be some disadvantage as far as laying out new paths if the time comes to expand outwards.

Better examples I should have used and found at other parks would be like the stairs at BGW that lead you to the Rhine River Cruise or even the steep hill at SFOG that's next to Dare Devil Dive that leads to Mindbender and Batman.

I think the concern is more about the terrain causing problems for pathways and what have you, and not so much the rides themselves. As the park is laid out now, much of the unused land is behind rides and would require paths either around or through the rides, and occasionally through some pretty tricky terrain. Cincinnatians are no strangers to hills, but I don't think anyone would want to hike down to a themed area located in the middle of a ravine. Luckily, though, I don't think that any of KI's terrain is quite extreme enough to warrant hundreds of stairs or a funicular.

Have you ever been to Six Flags over Georgia? The whole park is a hike. I'll take a little walk to a ride a great coaster. Look at Cedar Point, you can't cut across the park..if you want to go from Maverick to Raptor or Millennium to Magnum you can't take any short cuts.

^^Trust me, I totally agree with you there. I was just attempting to clarify that Geauga Dog was talking about the park layout and the terrain rather than rides that use the terrain. I for one love the exercise! Honestly, I don't think that there is any grade that is insurmountable at KI. Some of the hills I hike up every day are probably much steeper than any of the terrain owned by the park.

While I was really hoping it was going to be an Intamin Giga, a B&M invert is still a good addition if it happens.

I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing another Intamin ride at a Cedar Fair park anytime soon.

Edited by Snovi

Home from my trip and realised I forgot to pick up some KI maps to add to my collection. If anyone would be willing to send me a couple, I can offer some Australian park maps in return!

While I was really hoping it was going to be an Intamin Giga, a B&M invert is still a good addition if it happens.

I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing another Intamin ride at a Cedar Fair park anytime soon.

Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?

Don't get me wrong, I'd dream to see an Intamin installation at KI, but I don't think it's in the cards anytime soon.

When you look back at CF's relationship with Intamin, it hasn't exactly been smooth sailing. After Shoot the Rapids and I305 in 2010, we have yet to see any new Intamin installations at a CF park. I wouldn't be surprised if the snafus with both of those projects (on top of all the others leading up to that year) were the last straw.