TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I've heard Top Gun/Flight Deck does NOT have seatbelts anymore. The less coasters with seatbelts the better, for me. Any reason they would get rid of them. Honestly, I have no idea why they would take them off the ride..there was really no reason to add them in the first place. You're not getting off the ride once you're strapped in. I'm talking specifically about Top Gun/Flight Deck here.

I can confirm this as I was at the park yesterday! It was awesome not having to have a seatbelt there. The Dispatch times where around 20-25 seconds faster than last year because of their removal. I've also heard that that also removed the seatbelts for Backlot Stunt Coaster.

If this is going to be a giga, and I somewhat think it will be, it would be nice to have something that's actually a little taller than Millennium Force. Come on Kings Island, let's go 320-325 feet.

Agreed! Lets not hold on to old park records just so Cedar Point can say that they have the top ten in Height and Speed. Let Kings Island get in the game!

While I do agree that Cedar Fair's reluctance to build a traditional coaster taller than Millennium Force is a little ridiculous, if Kings Island ends up with a giga (which is a big "if") and it's 308 feet as opposed to (let's just throw out a number...) 325 feet I doubt it will impact the ride experience at all. I'll be thrilled if Kings Island gets a giga regardless of the exact height.

Either way, anything can outshine Millennium Force. It isn't that great of a ride, don't get me wrong, I love riding it! But, Intamin's coaster lately have been easily able to outshine Millennium. MF was a sort of prototype to see what they could do with 300feet, now that we know what we can do, they are building better coasters. So, even if it doesn't pass Millennium Force's height, I will still take a bet it will be better than it, that is of course if KI were to get a giga. Everything is speculation at this point.

I've heard Top Gun/Flight Deck does NOT have seatbelts anymore. The less coasters with seatbelts the better, for me. Any reason they would get rid of them. Honestly, I have no idea why they would take them off the ride..there was really no reason to add them in the first place. You're not getting off the ride once you're strapped in. I'm talking specifically about Top Gun/Flight Deck here.

I can confirm this as I was at the park yesterday! It was awesome not having to have a seatbelt there. The Dispatch times where around 20-25 seconds faster than last year because of their removal. I've also heard that that also removed the seatbelts for Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Both Backlot and Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion had their seatbelts removed this off-season as well. Interesting change, and one that I'm all for!

Both Backlot and Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion had their seatbelts removed this off-season as well. Interesting change, and one that I'm all for!

At Kings Dominion? As of a couple weeks ago when we were there those two coasters still had seatbelts.

If it's a giga, it will be 307' feet.

Millennium Force - 310'

Intimidator 305 - 305'

Leviathan - 306'

Kings Island 2014? - 307'

It only makes sense!

Interesting. If you go back through KI's tweets, on Jan 23 you will find one seemingly randomly directed at a user that simply states "308".

Edited by 06jds377

Millennium Force - 310'

Intimidator 305 - 305'

Leviathan - 306'

It only makes sense!

Interesting. If you go back through KI's tweets, on Jan 28 you will find one seemingly randomly directed at a user that simply states "308".

Link. Looks like the user it's directed at either didn't tweet a question or deleted it.

I'd like to see a giga with inversions.

Can you imagine a 200+ feet vertical B&M loop

That would be awesome: the coaster I've always dreamed of. During last year's IAAPA when we were told to ask questions to different manufacturers I asked B&M why they had never built a hyper looping coaster (or giga, now) and if they were planning to do so in a near future and Robb actually made that question to Walter Bolliger who said: "I do not want to answer that question". I still have some hope, though.

Had a great day at KI yesterday! Was very busy and opted to buy Fast Lane. (On very rare occasions I buy Fast Lane at KI).

Hanks Burrito Shack is awesome.

Ride count:

Diamondback - 10

Beast - 2

Once each on Vortex, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express, Delerium, Invertigo, Drop Tower, Boo Blasters, and Flight Deck.

Back Lot - 1 and a half.

Both Back Lot and Flight Deck's seat belts had been removed. Flight of Fear still has seat belts.

Millennium Force - 310'

Intimidator 305 - 305'

Leviathan - 306'

It only makes sense!

Interesting. If you go back through KI's tweets, on Jan 28 you will find one seemingly randomly directed at a user that simply states "308".

Link. Looks like the user it's directed at either didn't tweet a question or deleted it.

The tweet that immediately preceded this one was "@KingsIslandPR: @CoasterGeek900 Sometimes late summer, sometimes winter like Dinosaurs Alive!, and sometimes like WindSeeker not at all." in response to this: "@CoasterGeek900: @KingsIslandPR If anything new is coming for 2014, when will we see teasers and signs for it?"

Once again, interesting. Although, it appears they posted a dinosaur teaser on March 8...

Iron Beast!

I think the chances of that have come and gone considering the entire structure is gone now...

Not that I would be against Rocky Mountain coming in and starting from scratch and building a bigger, better successor to The Beast.