TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If people would say , “The capital originally intended for CGA was repurposed for KI instead”, that makes more sense. But saying a coaster went to park A instead of park B... there’s absolutely no way

Oh yeah, no complaints alright. I just hope all this virus crap doesn't affect our 2021.

Just found out not too long ago the parks in our area can reopen but Santa Clara county is forcing them to stay shut. In other news, scbb might be the first to open under newsoms new guidelines. 

Posted Images

Anyone else curious about how the lift hill is going to work this new prototype Raptor Track?

In the animation video, it shows there is a chain lift, but the Raptor track doesn't seem like it is thick enough to conceal the entire chain and troft like some of the newer B&M lift hills. Raptor track has a solid wide flat surface from end to end so, at what point does the chain disappear under the track once it makes contact with the gear wheel?

I'm having a hard time imagining a large square hole in the track at the top of the apex for a chain to drop into. Maybe the troft that carries the chain down to the base of the lift hill just isn't showing in the animation? uggh...don't know if I'm explaining it correctly.

I know the video is just that, an animation, but I would be curious to know how the lift hill works on these new prototypes?

Anyone else curious about how the lift hill is going to work this new prototype Raptor Track?

In the animation video, it shows there is a chain lift, but the Raptor track doesn't seem like it is thick enough to conceal the entire chain and troft like some of the newer B&M lift hills. Raptor track has a solid wide flat surface from end to end so, at what point does the chain disappear under the track once it makes contact with the gear wheel?

I'm having a hard time imagining a large square hole in the track at the top of the apex for a chain to drop into. Maybe the troft that carries the chain down to the base of the lift hill just isn't showing in the animation? uggh...don't know if I'm explaining it correctly.

I know the video is just that, an animation, but I would be curious to know how the lift hill works on these new prototypes?

Here ya go

5sxtztj1lz701.jpg

^ Looks like a coaster from the future. Really good looking ride!

Seriously. I have to do a double take at the live picture because my brain wants to believe it's a CG.

Seeing it in person is even more strange...especially with the lift now being up.

Is there going to be any access stairs along the lift hill? I have never seen a roller coaster without evacuation stairs, but none of the renderings or videos show them.

I was wondering this exact same thing.

Is there going to be any access stairs along the lift hill? I have never seen a roller coaster without evacuation stairs, but none of the renderings or videos show them.

I was wondering this exact same thing.

It's Silicon Valley, we have jet packs.