TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I asked her out on December 30th. She said she'd think about it.

It's now January 10th, and I haven't received an answer.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Just the fact that she said "think about it" is a bad sign. If she hasn't come forward with an answer, it means she was just letting you down nicely when you asked. Sorry man.

I can't offer too much on relationships because I've never been in one, but I know how to deal with being single.

From what I know and what I can understand I think the best way of dealing with single is trying to enjoy it. I've heard this same speech a dozen times by my older brother and sister, but it's the truth.

Of course, I would feel unhappy because I'm surrounded by people who are in relationships (my older sister included) and it made me want to be in one because I thought it's the only way to be happy.

Over time I came to understand that it's not that I want to be in a relationship to be happy, but that I should be looking for a girl who I can be friends with because there is no sense in being in a relationship and slowly finding out over time that it isn't going to work.

Now I know in relationships there are compromises and sacrifices, but I'm 22 (turning 23 in Feb.) and I'm a senior in college. This is really not a great time in my life to be getting into something serious to begin with, so it makes being single all the easier to deal with.

However, that's just one side of the coin. I'm human like everyone else and I have my feelings. As a matter of fact I get most of my traits from my mother's side of the family and that includes a rather sensitive way looking at things. Anyway, now I'm just talking to girls with no intention of asking them out. Sounds crazy, but now I'm more open to girls and most of the girls I talk to seem to respond well to it. There's no "awkward" silence or moments where I'm waiting for a response or I gave an ultimatum which won't do any good since she will most likely ignore me.

I guess the next question is what if I like the girl? Well I would like to think that at this point the girl and I know each other well enough that if I ask her out for coffee or to a movie that it won't be like someone taking the air out of the room. It's really important to me (and to the girl I'm sure) that things progress naturally as possible because I don't want to be that guy who forces a relationship out of thin air.

Well the last thing that I should say is that I'm not anti-relationship. Of course, I want to find the right girl and live happily ever after which is why I spent the last half hour typing this up. The thing of it is that life; especially for me, is a learning experience and I know I have some ahead of me because like I said, I've never had a girlfriend and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that I'm a virgin still. I don't see it as a problem, but I'm not going to base anything around that. I might meet a girl and we might want to have sex, but then again we might not. It just depends and I really don't want to rule anything out.

If you guys read all that I apologize, lol... I know it's risky pouring one's heart out on the internet, but I'm more comfortable talking about this with you guys than my parents for some reason.

My relationship is failing. I just want out, but I am so scared of being alone. What do I do?

~Matthew

Don't be a cop-out. End the failing relationship. Being alone is better than being in a terrible relationship. Don't be a sucker.

I just learned that the girl I liked in elementary school used to have a crush on me, damn. ...Though she does go to my school now

I also had an unofficial girlfriend in 8th grade, I guess we both liked each other, but nothing really developed. And I recently really liked this one girl, but she couldn't commit to going to a free candy convention, so f*** that!

And not a single bit of action in 16 years of existence, although one of my friends did hold my hand on her boob, she claimed that it was an accident, but she's kinda skanky, so I beg to differ

Here's my situation, I went to NYC for the first time ever in October, and on my second and last full day there, I went to a gay sports bar after some sightseeing. After some beers, I find this cute guy who's pretty fine, and he is really digging me. We part ways after some time in the subway afterward but we exchange info to stay in touch. He wants me to come back in the future.

For the next two months, we stay in touch but lightly, partly because of our distance and my constant school work. But soon after that we're hitting it up online with IM, video chat and over the phone. Things seemed excellent but a few weeks after that, he tells me that he's not really wanting a long-distance relationship but still is attracted to me, wants to talk, and would like me to come back. He thinks we may have something down the road... I'm effing nervous!

And while I'm in central Ohio til early June, I want to move away after getting my master's. I had been wanting to move to a great city anyway, but now I feel a strong reason to relocate to NYC, and not just for career desires. He's a really smart and cute guy, and I admire the line of work he is in.

But the issue is not only our distance now, but also the fact that I've only really been out for about a year, and he dated a guy who broke his heart. That other guy left him for a woman. Although I've only really been out for a relatively short period of time, I've had same-sex feelings since probably middle school and simply have had more desire to be around men. I have my eyes on him and with my school work, don't have the time motivation to try to find another man closer to me. (halp!)

Am I the only person that finds the whole "internet relationship" thing absolutely ridiculous? Meeting people online and meeting them in person eventually is understandable, I've made some great friends that way, but when you have a "relationship" and are "in love" with someone you HAVEN'T EVEN MET, what's the freaking point? You're telling a complete stranger "I love you". I have a friend who's so depressed because his boyfriend of 6 months broke up with him. Little did I know his "boyfriend" lives in Georgia and these two have never even met. WTF?!?!

And not a single bit of action in 16 years of existence, although one of my friends did hold my hand on her boob, she claimed that it was an accident, but she's kinda skanky, so I beg to differ

Congratulations, You made me spew coffee allover my computer. I remember when girls used to do that. And then it was like really awkward afterwards cause I was like, WTF was that supposed to do?

Congratulations, You made me spew coffee allover my computer. I remember when girls used to do that. And then it was like really awkward afterwards cause I was like, WTF was that supposed to do?

She probably wanted to see your reaction. Congratulations for ruining it for yourself by not doing anything else back lol

She probably wanted to see your reaction. Congratulations for ruining it for yourself by not doing anything else back lol

Lol damn! ...Next time! Heh heh heh

Here's my situation, I went to NYC for the first time ever in October, and on my second and last full day there, I went to a gay sports bar after some sightseeing. After some beers, I find this cute guy who's pretty fine, and he is really digging me. We part ways after some time in the subway afterward but we exchange info to stay in touch. He wants me to come back in the future.

For the next two months, we stay in touch but lightly, partly because of our distance and my constant school work. But soon after that we're hitting it up online with IM, video chat and over the phone. Things seemed excellent but a few weeks after that, he tells me that he's not really wanting a long-distance relationship but still is attracted to me, wants to talk, and would like me to come back. He thinks we may have something down the road... I'm effing nervous!

And while I'm in central Ohio til early June, I want to move away after getting my master's. I had been wanting to move to a great city anyway, but now I feel a strong reason to relocate to NYC, and not just for career desires. He's a really smart and cute guy, and I admire the line of work he is in.

But the issue is not only our distance now, but also the fact that I've only really been out for about a year, and he dated a guy who broke his heart. That other guy left him for a woman. Although I've only really been out for a relatively short period of time, I've had same-sex feelings since probably middle school and simply have had more desire to be around men. I have my eyes on him and with my school work, don't have the time motivation to try to find another man closer to me. (halp!)

Be careful with that kind of stuff.

I dated a guy who was working on a one year contract in DC with Sprint/MCI back in 2001-2002.

We met and dated pretty seriously while he was in DC. He wanted me to move back to Kansas City with him and things progressed to the point where I was ready to do that.

I moved away from everything I had going on in DC, family, friends, left a job only to receive the biggest kick in the nut sack ever.

When we arrived to Kansas City, I met his wife.

We dated for nine months, I move halfway across the country for the guy, and when we get to his place, his wife is standing in the front door.

She knew about me. I didn't know about her.

I moved back to DC less than a week later.

Be careful with that kind of stuff.

I dated a guy who was working on a one year contract in DC with Sprint/MCI back in 2001-2002.

We met and dated pretty seriously while he was in DC. He wanted me to move back to Kansas City with him and things progressed to the point where I was ready to do that.

I moved away from everything I had going on in DC, family, friends, left a job only to receive the biggest kick in the nut sack ever.

When we arrived to Kansas City, I met his wife.

We dated for nine months, I move halfway across the country for the guy, and when we get to his place, his wife is standing in the front door.

She knew about me. I didn't know about her.

I moved back to DC less than a week later.

WTF LOL... I have to say I am certain that my NYC man is gay, he has been that way since youth. He has said to me that I should play the field to make sure that a same-sex relationship is right for me so that I'm not the next bi-curious guy to break his heart.

He's been in the city for almost 8 years and has been in his good job for 2 years. I doubt he's going elsewhere soon or the other way ever. And while I will add that he is a strong reason for me to move to NYC after I get my master's, I want to go there because of the creative, cosmopolitan culture that is there. I want to live somewhere I don't have to be tied to driving a car to get places. I want to spend good time with him as a visitor before deciding to stake roots in NYC.

But for you, I feel sooo sorrey.

is there a singles service or match making forum/thread anywhere for coaster enthusiasts?!?! It's so hard to meet people that love coasters and are around my age. ugh... I'm in a relationship now, but I'm not sure what's going on... it's kinda in a little break stage. I could have really used a TPR match service a few months ago, though and you all probably could too lol. I'm sure the guys would WAY outnumber the girls, but oh well lol.

is there a singles service or match making forum/thread anywhere for coaster enthusiasts?!?! It's so hard to meet people that love coasters and are around my age. ugh... I'm in a relationship now, but I'm not sure what's going on... it's kinda in a little break stage. I could have really used a TPR match service a few months ago, though and you all probably could too lol. I'm sure the guys would WAY outnumber the girls, but oh well lol.

That's a real good thing for the ladies...

That's a real good thing for the ladies...

haha, yeah, I know... but when I really really wanted a coaster enthusiast date, the only ones I came across were either 14 years old, 45 years old, attached, or gay. Basically nobody that could be with me lol. sigh... you would think it would be easier lol