TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a girlfriend once, she dumbed me after a week. She was convinced after meeting me once that we should go out. I'm open to new things so I went to the movies with her. After that she decided to dump me . If i see her in the halls she wont even say hi. Just give me a quick glance. Also right now theres a girl who is texting me constantly. She likes me way too much when I don't even like her. Shes kinda like a clingy creepy stalker. My love life sucks

ugh sorry guys... it doesn't really get easier as you get older either.

well I just looked through the "pictures of yourself" thread... nothing good for all of the reasons I listed earlier... plus "on the other side of the world." that's also a disqualifier.

I had a girlfriend once, she dumbed me after a week. She was convinced after meeting me once that we should go out. I'm open to new things so I went to the movies with her. After that she decided to dump me . If i see her in the halls she wont even say hi. Just give me a quick glance. Also right now theres a girl who is texting me constantly. She likes me way too much when I don't even like her. Shes kinda like a clingy creepy stalker. My love life sucks

You're 14! Don't worry about it. That girl you went to the movies with wasn't your girlfriend. She was just some girl you hung out with after meeting once. That's just what kids do. Ignore her. There's no reason to be so hung up on "being dumped" after a week.

Just try to make friends right now. There's no need to get so caught up on dating. You have no love life. And that's OK. Just have fun with life.

^^ Yeah, I learned that was the case a long time ago. I heard that; in addition to asking a girl if they liked coasters, if they liked donkeys...

Rhetorical questions aside, you know there's dating and then there are relationships. We all want to date, so that we can find the right person to be with, but we just need to see it as dating at first. Up until recently I saw every girl that I thought was really nice and cute as a potential girlfriend, but like I said 3 pages back that I have to get to know the girl before I can even consider thinking of her as a girlfriend.

Unless you're a one-night-stand person which is something that I'm not, it doesn't pay to be intimate upfront. It's also got to be a two-way road for me because I'm not going to put effort into something if the girl isn't interested.

So playing hard to get doesn't work with me. Every week for the past month I've been asking this one girl out (that I've previously been out with) and she's had an excuse for every time. Not that I believe or don't believe her, but since we hardly know one another I can't really be expected to keep asking her out. I feel like an idiot enough as it is...

Oh yeah, another thing Calypso522, I noticed in your previous post that you said there are no guys your age who like coasters, but the guy typing this is 22. I turn 23 on February 6. I'm not necessarily "hitting" on you, I'm just disproving your statement.

Rhetorical questions aside, you know there's dating and then there are relationships. We all want to date, so that we can find the right person to be with, but we just need to see it as dating at first. Up until recently I saw every girl that I thought was really nice and cute as a potential girlfriend, but like I said 3 pages back that I have to get to know the girl before I can even consider thinking of her as a girlfriend.

Unless you're a one-night-stand person which is something that I'm not, it doesn't pay to be intimate upfront. It's also got to be a two-way road for me because I'm not going to put effort into something if the girl isn't interested.

So playing hard to get doesn't work with me. Every week for the past month I've been asking this one girl out (that I've previously been out with) and she's had an excuse for every time. Not that I believe or don't believe her, but since we hardly know one another I can't really be expected to keep asking her out. I feel like an idiot enough as it is...)

I've read this like four times now and I have no idea what you're trying to say. But it does sound like you're trying to make excuses to yourself over why you don't have a girlfriend. I think.

You're 14! Don't worry about it. That girl you went to the movies with wasn't your girlfriend. She was just some girl you hung out with after meeting once. That's just what kids do. Ignore her. There's no reason to be so hung up on "being dumped" after a week.

Just try to make friends right now. There's no need to get so caught up on dating. You have no love life. And that's OK. Just have fun with life.

QFT

Enjoy being 14 and enjoy being a kid. The older you get, the more life piles on you. Enjoy the relatively carefree youth you still have left, you can never get it back.

^^ I was trying to talk about relationships in general and I used a situation to illustrate why getting to know the other person is so important. The internet sucks on this level because you're never seeing the real person until you meet them. For example, I don't talk like the way I type. I'm very reserved.

As for my personal life, I wouldn't call it making excuses. It's more like being open minded about being single and not fretting about something that has no meaning. I've probably said this before, but I've never had a girlfriend, so I can't offer much on that regard.

I hope that explains it.

Oh yeah, another thing Calypso522, I noticed in your previous post that you said there are no guys your age who like coasters, but the guy typing this is 22. I turn 23 on February 6. I'm not necessarily "hitting" on you, I'm just disproving your statement.

lol... but you are in pittsburgh!! not VA! I'm sure that there are plenty of coaster lovers in their early/mid 20's somewhere. I just have trouble finding them hence the need for a dating site

^lol, I do want to go to one someday... it's been hard to fit into my work and school schedules I was with a really cute coaster nerd for almost two years... but he wasn't very nice or supportive, so yeah. That's no more.

One of my female friends told me to run from coaster nerd dates, lol. Apparently they have a predisposition for drama based on my experiences with different websites and people and stuff but alas... I'm a hopeless romantic

Thanks for the advice . Yeah i have been making good friends lately. i know I shouldn't be caught up by this, anyway high school is going great so far... Just got to get the stalker off of me

Ok... So to bring everyone up to speed on my relationship... or the now lack there of. Matt and I had a long talk, and we decided that it would be best if we "Were Just Friends" right... So that basically ended in me pissed off beyond your imagination, oh and not to mention he got drunk and went to some random guys house to spend the night. Ugh. Why do relationships always have to end in heartache? I just want to be single for the rest of my life. FML.

~Matthew

^ First off, almost anytime someone gives you a reason that they are "too busy" to date is feeding you some sort of excuse. Even if you are juggling three jobs, a full course of classes, and trying to solve world hunger...if you *like like* someone genuinely, you will find time to spend with them. I'm not saying she isn't interested in you in some degree, but if she's telling you that, there's some hesitance.

Second, the "learning the song" idea...DON'T! Big sweeping overly romantic gestures to capture someone's heart work in:

1. Movies

2. Movies. That's basically it.

I hate doling out this advice, because it's 1000% cliché and borderline misogynistic, but it's also true: You have to play hard-to-get. There's something about the "want what I can't have" aura that is alluring for both males and females, but seems particularly true in girls.

You have to play hard-to-get. There's something about the "want what I can't have" aura that is alluring for both males and females, but seems particularly true in girls.
I couldn't have said that better myself! Anyway, I cant say this advice enough! I always play hard to get and the girls flock to me and stick to me like mud. You'l have so many girls all over you all the time its rediculous. I always act too busy, pretend to be too tired to hang out, etc just a bunch of excuses. Basically, you cannot be too available, only hang out once in a while and eventually you will get what you want and she will be just begging for more of you. Trust me, girls (and guys) love pursuits whether they want to admit it or not! Edited by black sabbath

You have to play hard-to-get. There's something about the "want what I can't have" aura that is alluring for both males and females, but seems particularly true in girls.
I couldn't have said that better myself! Anyway, I cant say this advice enough! I always play hard to get and the girls flock to me and stick to me like mud. You'l have so many girls all over you all the time its rediculous. I always act too busy, pretend to be too tired to hang out, etc just a bunch of excuses. Basically, you cannot be too available, only hang out once in a while and eventually you will get what you want. Trust me, girls (and guys) love pursuits whether they want to admit it or not!

Aye, unless they get pissed. Then that doesn't work so good.

^I could not agree with you more on every point you made. But in this case, I am not sure if it is completely, for lack of a better word, relevant. When you say if you truly like somebody, you make time for them, I agree. But in a situation where you are friends and getting to know each other better, and in essence trying to decide if you like someone or not, it is tough to make time to hang out. So in my case, she is on the schools lax team, sorority stuff, and obviously school work, so she does live a busy life and I credit her with that. So the tough part about this is she is *hopefully* deciding if she likes me or not, but its tough to warrant making time when it ultimately could amount to nothing.

You need to let go. Trust me, I know it isn't easy. But you just got to move on for the time being. If anything happens in the future, awesome. If not, you can't waste your time fretting over her while other opportunities might pass you by.