TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

I have been single for a long time...indeed, an embarrassingly long time. I haven't even "dated" since January. Wow.

I used to despise being single, and pine for (a) relationship(s). Now, though, I find myself inexplicably uninterested. I have no idea how this indifference came about, but it's refreshing for a change. It's not bitterness, either--I don't have a strong feeling of "giving up" or anything like that.

The last time I really cared about someone was well over a year ago. Let's just say that the entire situation was probably the most intense experience of my life. If not, then at least in the romantic realm. Anyway, that didn't end up working out in the end. I am definitely "over it" now, although I still wonder if/when I'll ever meet someone half as appealing. Tbh, I even still wonder "What if?" on occasion, although I'm no longer down about it like I was when it was more immediate.

As far as why I'm single...it's all about how many people I'm around, and how I treat them. For some reason I have adopted a rather extreme vibe of distance and even brusqueness that, needless to say, is not attractive. I also believe I tend to come across as boring, partly because I have limited interests and knowledge and partly because I am very slow to successfully get into conversation.

I think this post is a product of me being decidedly in the off-season, with not much coaster-related to say. I don't think I've rambled this much about romance and relationships since high school!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've realized I have a dilemma when it comes to dating:

The guys I like don't like me back since they're either straight or taken.

The guys that like me only want to use me as a f*ck-and-run checkpoint.

Same for me. However, they don't get to f*ck me. If someone says something sexual to me (especially if we JUST met), they shouldn't expect to talk to me for much longer. On average, two times a month, I have to get rid of someone because they kept hounding me for sex, and when I said no, they got pissed. Ugh. One time, I was in school, and got a text message from an unknown number. This guy -IDK how he even got my number or knows who I am- asked for ... Yup. You guessed it. There's nothing wrong with sex, just don't bring me into it.

Right now I am single but can't start a relationship which sucks because I want to. I'm moving to Orlando in January for 8 months with the Disney College Program so I don't see a point of starting one now. Plus I have college which takes up a lot of time. So I'm just going to wait until the move. That way nobody will really no who I am & I can make a fresh start with the ladies in Orlando

I feel like such a jerk, I dumped my GF the day before valentines. I dumped her after the valentines dance (we had it early) and she was doing the whole, i'm grinding with another girl, but I like guys.

This was said a while ago, but I have to say..

GIRLS DO THAT WITH EACH OTHER! EVERY school dance all the girls danced together... grinding on each other. Sometimes they feel better about this so that guys don't get a little harder in between their legs on the girl. This isn't a problem a lot of guys have, but some do.

I think any gay guy or girl would tell you the same thing.

In my opinion, if that was the only reason you broke up with her... you made a mistake...

-Cyrus

Meh I'm not really into this relationship scene yet.

In my view if it happens it happens, yes there are girls that I quite fancy but I'm not at all fussed if they go out with someone else or not. I love my life at the moment and I really don't want that kind of thing to get in the way if you know what I mean. Girls can be so bitchy sometimes. (no offence)

I haven't even "dated" since January.

January? Ha. HA.

I have never EVER dated in my life. Partly to do with being gay and living on a small town, and partly who the hell knows! Maybe I'm a prick and don't realise!

Hey same here! About the never dated/being gay/small town thing anyway. I would like to think I'm a pretty likable guy . My problem with what few gay guys that are here (4 that I know of), is they're either incredibly annoying/total jerks, or just use guys like The Alex said, as a f**k and run checkpoint. But, despite this, I have a slight glimpse of hope for a boyfriend sometime soon , only slight though.

^That post just took the words right out of my mouth! We here also have the incredibly annoying/total jerks mostly, then the f**k and runs. We do have some nice people, but not a lot. I've met thousands of gay guys (through conferences, events, etc) and only like 5-10% of them have actually been very nice. I have a slight glimpse of hope to find a boyfriend as well. But like you, it's only slight

I don't have a date for homecoming. Oh well. I'm used to it. I'm a junior, so this will be my third homecoming.

One of my best friends, we've been great friends for over a year, and every time we say what we want in a guy, we basically describe each other (not purposely though). I wish he'd see that

^^Some advice with the whole good friends thing. Be careful with falling for someone you are good friends with. It can end very poorly. In my situation it wasn't another gay guy but a straight guy which, to make a LONG story short, ruined our friendship forever. So just be careful with what your body tells you to do.

As for relationships in general, I've only ever been in one and it was very short lived. We met through my best friend (they are both in the same fraternity) and we dated for a couple months but the distance didn't allow for it to work out. It was fun though while it lasted. I'm currently on the market and hoping I can find someone I enjoy hanging around sometime in the near future. Being single has its perks, but can really be a downer sometimes.

My problem is that I don't get along with most gay guys lol. I'm not very gay for being gay if that makes any sense. I hang out with mostly straight guys and some girls, but literally no gay guys. This greatly lessons the likelihood of meeting other gay guys I'd like unfortunately but I guess that's just the way it goes. I can't help who I enjoy being around lol.

Hey same here! About the never dated/being gay/small town thing anyway. I would like to think I'm a pretty likable guy . My problem with what few gay guys that are here (4 that I know of), is they're either incredibly annoying/total jerks, or just use guys like The Alex said, as a f**k and run checkpoint. But, despite this, I have a slight glimpse of hope for a boyfriend sometime soon , only slight though.

No way, I am in exactly the same situation, wih exactly the same number of assholes involved!

Weird. I thought it was just the inbred-ness of this crappy town!

• 1 month later...

WoW! Its been a while since I posted in here. Well basically in my life I have no joke the love of my life! He is my dream man! We have been together for a little over 9 months now, but took a month break in the middle some where. His name is Matt, my name is Matt... ohhh and we have the same birthday! Yay! Attached is one of our more recent photos! Enjoy!

~Matthew

us.jpg.14d35c1f63a7d77b754dfe81a20a67a0.jpg

=) Super sexy!!

^2 Matt's with the same birthday? That must make cake buying super easy haha

Congrats though, if only I were lucky enough to actually like anyone and have the same person like me back.

Haha cake buying is super easy!! I love to randomly go buy us a cookie cake that says "Matt & Matt" 1 we love cookie cake, and 2 I just love us having the same name!! Now as for you being lucky enough to like someone and the same person like you back... Just hang in there. You have plenty of time to find someone! Just don't give up, and don't look to hard. But when you do find someone be sure to hang on to them!!

~Matthew