TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Relationships

Blink

I just met the hottest boy through my dance school. Not from ballet, all but three of them are gay & those ones are dorks. But from my contemporary and jazz classes. We had our first date last night and what did he do? Leads me to this bluff overlooking the ocean... moonlight shining down, full moon'n' all... and he has all this gorgeous food there he'd cooked. OMG. My heart melted. Last night some magic happened (at the risk of sounding cheesy) and it wasn't a plot to have sex either. We just snuggled under a blanket and looked at the waves/stars.

Goes to show romance isn't dead, girls! There are some decent ones out there.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I read the post, then looked at your age. You guys sure move fast! I'd have to ground my daughter for doing all that snuggling on the beach watchin waves at night on the first date, with no chaperone. That's adult stuff, when they've known each other for a bit. If you're doing that on the first date, what's gonna top that? I'd be wary of any 16 year old boy that knows how to take a girl to "lookout mountain" and make it look like it's not about the sex. Sounds like he's setting a trap, so when he asks for sex you'll be so starry-eyed you won't be able to resist. Don't fall into it. Just keep your eyes open for those moves and those legs clamped.

And you better not be havin sex, much less thinking about it.

Whatever happened to teens just going to the mall and eating pizza?

Terry

^Lol, I don't really know what's happened to the simple things teens used to do. I mean, when I was first getting into high school, that was a common thing for us to do. Hang out in groups and go to the mall or to a movie. Now that my brother is growing up, he seems like he's doing more every weekend being only 13 than I used to do ever. He's going to parties, going on dates, etc. I may not be very old, but in my short life, I've noticed how much quicker kids grow up these days. It's kind of sad to be honest. Large portions of what childhood should be are being eliminated from our culture.

^

I'm 15 and I have literally just started hanging around with my friends in the park and going around the local town. I think that if you want to start hanging about and going out on dates then 15 or 16 is the age to start doing that kind of thing because your mature enough to make your own decisions in life and not to be led by your group like a flock of sheep. Personally I would never go out with a girl just because I fancied them or thought they looked hot, There has to be something else there that makes them special. If I see a girl who I think that looks nice I wouldn't just dive straight in there and be like "OMG I really fancy you will you go out with me!" I'd take my time to get to know them because for all I know they could be a total bitch. I suppose other people see things differently really and go for looks over personality but usually those people are too ignorant and confused about that kind of thing.

To be honest with you right now at my age that kind of subject is a puddle of water which I do not wish to tread in yet. Alot of my friends have lost their virginity already to their "Girlfriends" and I find it quite shocking. I know somebody right now who has lost their virginity when the relationship has only just started. I suppose it's all about looking cool, I mean people expect when they tell somebody they've lost their virginity for that person to go "Wow!" but to be honest with you I think that people who do it at this age are just idiots who are despirate for attention and they will regret it when their older. I know I'm sounding like I'm being a bit bigotted here but this is just how I feel aout teenagers today. Most of them are really quite dumb.

Cheers,

Blackhole2006

^^^ Nah. Never of us will be doing it. We're both Christians so wouldn't be doing anything like that before marriage.

Religious ground aside, I totally agree but just praise Jesus I found this boy. There's been a TON of losers.

And when I say we've just met, I mean, it's been about a month of shared classes and hanging out.

^I had to giggle at the "I'm a Christian so we won't be doing that" statement. There was enough teen Christians I knew when I was younger that was probably calling Jesus' name for all the wrong reasons and some of them got a nice "gift" nine months later. Don't be fooled; think of this word: temptation.

Stick to the malls and groups of friends; snuggling on the beach alone, you're just asking for trouble, especially with those hormones raging. Just ask Gov Palin's kid about being a teen and that temptation takes over.

I think that if you want to start hanging about and going out on dates then 15 or 16 is the age to start doing that kind of thing because your mature enough to make your own decisions in life and not to be led by your group like a flock of sheep.

Whoa! Have you heard of peer pressure?

That age is when you start setting yourself for adulthood and seeing what you like and dislike. You aren't mature yet because you don't have that frame of reference that comes with maturity. That's why kids tend to make mistakes, get pressured into doing things, etc.

That said, there are some 50 year olds that aren't mature either.

Terry

^

Actually I guess I can think myself lucky with my friends, if they all decide to smoke weed one day, and I don't want to then their like "Ok then, whatever". No pressure what so ever. I could come in one day wearing a Nike top and trainers and they wouldn't think any differently of me. Some of my other friends though try to act all "cool" around my circle of friends to try and fit in but then my friends just think their an idiot and tell them "Either be yourself or just don't bother". It's really good having the friends I got because I don't ever feel pressured into doing anything. Some people arn't so lucky because they do get pressured with their friends.

Anyway back on topic, Theres this girl at my school who I like and I don't know what to do because she doesn't hang around with my group and I don't want to lose my mates over a gorl. What should I do?

^I think you just contradicted yourself. You just said in the beginning that you would be free to not join in smoking pot or wearing something and your friends wouldn't care, then you ask about hanging with a girl and you don't want to lose your friends over it.

What changed?

If they don't care, then invite her to join you and your friends.

Terry

Hmm I see what you mean, well she does hang know soembody within our group who I trust so yeah I could do that. I was just afraid that if I do eventually go out with this girl, that I would spend more time with her then my friends and I don't want to lose my friends over a girl, and well if she doesn't want to hang around with us then I'd rather have my friends thanks.

Also I can see what you mean by me contradicting myself reading back at my post, but hopefully when you've read this you will understand what I mean. It's just keeping an equal balance really.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

About hanging out with a girl and losing time hanging with your friends:

Eventually it's going to happen. Might not be now, but one day "the girl" (whether it actually is or not) will come along and you end up spending massive times with her and your friend won't see you as much. I have a bunch of friends that I don't see when they're in a relationship, but as soon as they break up, my phone rings. Usually though, I don't pick up. Just keep that in mind when she comes along not to totally snub your friends.

Terry

^This is true. It's going to happen eventually, when you find the right person, you will spend more time with them than with your friends. And there's nothing wrong with that, and your friends will eventually do the same thing; that's part of being an adult and having adult relationships.

However, you can always make time for friends. I've been married five years and my girlfriends and I still get together one night a month for girls' night.

My roommate gave me a coupon for a box of Luvs.

My other friend couldn't stop laughing. "We cruisin day care now?" Me and my big mouth. See, that's what I get for saying I don't want a 21 year old. Now he's trying to move in!

I put a halt to that and he started pouting. Since when did I have a kid?

Granted, we have great moments (considering I'm a big a$$ed kid); but I'm not used to having someone just being around for hours. He was in the car and he looked at me and said "Yeah you got off work and this is your quiet time." Then he just sat there quiet for 20 minutes before I started talking.

Uh oh.

Terry "Just call me Papi" Weaver

I'm asking a girl to homecoming. She's pretty. And she's a gymnast.

But she's 4'10. And I'm 5'11 so that could pose a problem....

Silly boy,

She's about at the optimum height! If you're thinking about this correctly, there is no problem! But then again, you're too young to think about those advantages... fun sized indeed!

Terry "Head in the gutter" Weaver