TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

More is always better.

Not necessarily.

Although right now, I can't actually think of an example of....

But hopefully, the "more" in DCA will plus up the surrounding stuff that's being kept in place, etc.

Malaboomer and Orange Stinger could definitely go, since the Zephyr and Tower of Terror are better than both of those. Carland sounds excellent; I really loved that movie. I hope Jumpin' Jellyfish stays.

I always though the Mullholand Madness was a bit thrown together, since the ride was completely covered up by a large road map, instead of given an actual theme during the ride. I think a "Crush's Coaster" overhaul is in order.

I'm more curious of what the two family rides in Car Land are going to be. I'm also excited to see, essentially, Sci-Fi Dine In California in the form of the Car Land Drive-In!

I'd be willing to bet that one of them is the Cars ride that they built in Paris.

As for the Ratatouille coaster, Mice Age is saying that's a no-go, and I hope they're right, because a French themed roller coaster in the middle of a pier at a California themed park seems like too much of a random idea.

^ Huh???

What I mean is, it is a shock to me that they would spend so much money over such a long period of time to improve a park like California Adventure. I thought the park was thriving so I didnt think the park needed a renovation so soon.

DCA thriving? According to this link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119257768823361264.html), DL gets 2.5 times as many visitors. The only people who go to DCA are the AP holders and the multi-day people (usually 3 or more days). They are trying to have it so that one day visitors will visit DCA and not just DL.

I remember a rumor a little while back saying that Paradise Pier will sort of be split up into two sections(the pier and then an ocean part). If MM gets rethemed to Crush, and the Little Mermaid goes into the Golden Dreams building, I can definitely see this happening.

I wonder though, with S.S. Rustworthy, Jellyfish, Crush's Coaster, and The Little Mermaid; will Zephyr be taken out or maybe even moved to the Orange Stinger site?

I wish they would put in some more thrilling rides with the Disney trademark theming, an Expedition Everest type ride would be good, and a Rock'n'Roller coaster would be great.

I know it would be too much too ask to get something seriously kick a$$ like a hyper or a Maverick type of ride, or an Intamin pre fab woodie.

Maverick is far better IMO and a lot different to California Screaming, and I have been on both to be able to make that comparison.

Although I prefer Maverick, I also love California Screamin'. And frankly CS is a far better fit for a Disney park.

Maverick is a bit too much for a Disney park. To be honest, when I rode it I didn't really get the whole "family coaster" vibe at all, whereas California Screamin is a great introduction for kids into the looping coaster.

That's why I said in my post that bit would be too much too expect a Maverick kind of ride or something even more intense, Disney just don't do that.

Then why mention it? The day that Disney adds a Maverick style coaster will be the day that pigs fly.

Actually I would have to disagree with you on your original statement as well. DCA doesn't need more thrilling attractions. For teens, there's Screamin, ToT, Soarin, GRR, Mulholland, and the new Toy Story Mania. Plus all of the flat rides on Paradise Pier. Every single one of these additions are all family friendly and will attract little kids and their parents who have the $.

I hope that DCA will also have it's layout changed a little bit. I've alway found the park a little tiring to get around. Like I never understood the point of just letting the Hollywood back lot part just dead end into the Aladdin theater. I would like just some sort of connection between Paradise Pier and where the Tower of terror is, so I don't have to walk all the way back down the Hollywood back lot street to exit that section of the park.

^ The Cars themed area is supposed to connect the area in front of ToT to Paradise Pier somewhere.

I am impressed with most of the plans that were announced. It will be interesting to see what the 2 other rides in the Cars area are since the Cars themed ride that just opened in Paris is already in DCA (the Ladybug ride).

This also leaves a pretty large hole left in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot for new attractions. Al Lutz mentions the Millionaire soundstage being used as the temporary entrance while the construction of the new entrance occurs, but once that is completed, that building will be empty again. The Aladdin show will probably get changed out before these plans are completed, and I don't see Muppet Vision surviving until DCA2.0 is completed. And of course, there is Hollywood and Dine sitting empty off in the corner.

Thank God that Sunshine Plaza Sun thing is being taken out as part of the renovation. I always thought that thing looked so cheap (for Disney) and a little bit tacky.

I must say the new entry and "main street" looks very nice so far. A lot of people are complaining that it'll be too similar to Disneyland's Mainstreet USA, but each park's entry area will be from a completely different era and location in the U.S. I believe Walt patterned the Disneyland entry and mainstreet after a 1900's Marceline, Missouri (Walt's hometown) -- as opposed to DCA's new 1920's Los Angeles look.