TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

Yeah, I read the update and what you said in the pictures about Maverick. I was just looking for a play by play review, as I have seen you do before. Oops.

I don't think I've ever really done a "play by play" on very many rides. But just so it's clear, here what I said:

Once Maverick opened many of us decided to go get our credit, and lucky for us it was only about a 45 minute wait! Maverick was awesome! Well worth the wait in line. It actually exceeded my expectations (many others on the trip felt the same way.) It was kind of like "California Screamin' on Steroids" being that it wasn't THAT intense, but all the elements of the ride were just a lot of "fun." First drop was great, especially in the back seat (although the rest of the ride was much rougher in the back seat.) The bunny hills produced a LOT of airtime! Scott & Elissa loved it...and no, that rollback they also got had nothing to do with it!

So, all our comments together equal a good paragraph and I talk about the drop, the bunny hills, and overall opinions of the ride. How much more did you need???

--Robb

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick rollback > All other rollbacks combined

You know you all are jealous!

It's funny, I look at your pictures from the morning and I look at mine from the afternoon, and they really haven't changed much! Avoiding the pouring rain, waiting for Maverick was the general theme for a solid eight hours. Well, minus the awesomeness that was drying off in TGIFriday's. That day was great though. Definitely made for a good story. And I love Jahan's feelings for the weather. I still can't get over those jacked up clouds.

^I think we were all in too much shock to video or take pictures

I don't have them going over the side but I have pics of them sinking the boat.

024_2Ab.jpg.bc84dbe6889ba65901a34d0c008fbb35.jpg

Yeah, we didn't die!

023_3ab.jpg.5b6cd590d5c28885245f65d1b030f976.jpg

Sinking of the raft.

I like the last photo .... to the left, buff lifeguard guy, in the raft: coaster fanatics who have been eating theme park food for over a week....probably longer.......

The lifeguard guy may be saying... "Where are the hot chicks?"

Cedar Point was the only park on the midwest trip that I had already been to, and in spite of all the difficulties it was still the high point.

I really loved Maverick which I wasn't expecting to do, just like a lot was my expectation.

It was great to be there and enjoy other people on the tour experiencing Dragster & Millenium Force for the first time. Cedar Point doesn't have any coasters that are 10/10 for me (which is only El Toro & SFNE Ride of Steel) but it has plenty that are right up there.

Does CedarFair close everything even with a light sprinkle now, or is it just for heavy rain/lightning/earthquakes?

Did you actually READ the report or are you just asking random questions now to hear yourself talk?

Rephrasement of question:

Do other CedarFair parks suffer the "Knotts" rain treatment other then Cedar Point and Knotts?

Does CedarFair close everything even with a light sprinkle now, or is it just for heavy rain/lightning/earthquakes?

Did you actually READ the report or are you just asking random questions now to hear yourself talk?

Rephrasement of question:

Do other CedarFair parks suffer the "Knotts" rain treatment other then Cedar Point and Knotts?

Canada's Wonderland... I was there 2 weeks ago and they shut down Drop Zone just because there were dark clouds coming in... and the wind speed was only about 5 km/h. They also shut down Ghoster Coaster 5 minutes after... not sure about the rest of the park because after having 2 rides shut down as I was in line, I went and bought some Tiny Tim donuts... ummmmm.

YUP that one...LOL. SO awesome you guys got those pics, too bad no one got pics of the water stopping on the slide. Too funny, now we just have to wait for Cora's awesome rendition of the "Hot pink slide of DEATH!!" I for one cannot wait.

Casey"Hot chicks in a boat is always good"Childers

Too funny, now we just have to wait for Cora's awesome rendition of the "Hot pink slide of DEATH!!"

That has been delayed a couple of days because me and my gracefulness fell the other day and I injured my ankle and wrist. Actually that whole right side. Which explains why I haven't been typing much. My hand is bettter than my ankle so now it is just inking and coloring.

But it already looks goofy.

I'll get it done ASAP!

I'm still disappointed you and Elissa didn't show on Friday, But I understand. Hearing you guys had fun is all that counts for me!

What are you talking about? We were there all day on Friday.

--Robb

Dan told me and my dad that you and Elissa were at the hotel working on the trip and after that we couldn't you even when we looked around the effing park for 4+ hours afterwards!

I'm not saying Dan is bad or anything, that's what we learned from him.

I'm still disappointed you and Elissa didn't show on Friday, But I understand. Hearing you guys had fun is all that counts for me!

What are you talking about? We were there all day on Friday.

--Robb

Dan told me and my dad that you and Elissa were at the hotel working on the trip and after that we couldn't you even when we looked around the effing park for 4+ hours afterwards!

I'm not saying Dan is bad or anything, that's what we learned from him.

Yeah, that might have been the case. We were back and forth to the hotel all day both days of our visit.

I wouldn't be upset though, we have a LOT of work that has to get done during one of these trips. We're just not always available to drop everything and meet up with people, sorry.

--Robb

Yeah, that might have been the case. We were back and forth to the hotel all day both days of our visit.

I wouldn't be upset though, we have a LOT of work that has to get done during one of these trips. We're just not always available to drop everything and meet up with people, sorry.

Had thought about meeting up with you folks at SFKK, but figured you'd be pretty busy and locating folks might be difficult. By the sound of schedules, by the time I'd have gotten in with the general public, Midwest crew would be leaving, so meeting up got saved for another occasion.

It's like with a friend of mine. We miss connections for a few months, then get together and don't miss a beat.

Robb, great pics of Cedar Point. Have the footage of 'Hotel Horror' from arrival night, my HiDef camera is a bit of a pain when it comes to converting but I'm going to kick off my trip thread with some photos first of all then add the video later. I'll then send DV/HD stuff/rest of photos over to you so that will no doubt arrive while you're away. If there's a different address you'd like me to use let me know via PM.

Cedar Point had a rough start, but the bar saved us, and actually made the time a lot better. The park wasn't really crowded when it opened back up, and made the day much more enjoyable. Maverick was insane at night. The 2 days at Cedar Point was the highlight of the trip for me, and thanks to everyone who made it rock.

Plus I've still got my flashlight.

--Robb

Alrighty! You've got that rock star status, with groupies and all! Did any ask for autographs on the back of their amusement park tickets?

Terry

--Robb

Alrighty! You've got that rock star status, with groupies and all! Did any ask for autographs on the back of their amusement park tickets?

Terry

When we met up with them at Kennywood, I was planning on running up screaming "OMG R&E OMG U GUYZ R SO AWSUM" and jumping up and down asking for their autographs in very mocking fashion. But then, I'm a good enough actor that it probably would've looked too real to be fake haha. Or would that make me a poor actor?

I knew this guy that might as well have flown to Cali and had a child with Robb, he was so in love with them and went on and on and on about how awesome they were and everything (not that you're not Robb & Elissa). But I'm sorry, as much as I enjoy this site I'm not going to follow Robb and Elissa around and worship the ground they walk on if I ever get to meet up with them.

The stalkers are a bit scary on here at times.