TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your next park?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Djurs Sommarland in June. I don't have any trips planned prior to that that would take me close to an amusement park. Last time I visited Djurs was in 2012, so I look forward to try Juvelen and the new inverted coaster.

I'm planning on finally popping my Cedar Point cherry and visiting there for the first time this June. I've been wanting to get up there for years so can't wait to check it out!

I also may get to Sea World San Diego and possibly DLR in May but not sure on that.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll visit my home park, Kings Dominion, for either its Passholder Preview Night or opening day on March 25th!

I may possibly visit Six Flags Great Adventure this spring and will probably make a trip to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this summer.

Edited by Bmanscool

Most likely of course my home park SF Great America but in September we are going to take a big family vacation with a bunch of my family. We havent picked yet though but we will either go to Disney World which surprisingly I never been too. Or we might go to Kings Island which I havent been to since 2004 so I would like to go again. However my mom asked me to make a suggestion and I said Great Adventure as I never been there and its one of my dream parks. I know the drive would be long but nowhere as long as lets say...Florida. The Florida idea sounded awesome until I found out we might DRIVE there since not everyone can afford plane tickets....Meh I dont know about that...16 hours cooped up in a car with all of them Also Disney World isnt known for a thrill coaster mecca although it would be nice to try it out since I never been there. If anything though I'd pick Great Adventure though. Kings D sounds kind of cool to now that I think of it for I305..should of suggested that but not sure people want to travel just for one coaster(i mean we would go on all the rides but still).

If anything though I'd pick Great Adventure though. Kings D sounds kind of cool to now that I think of it for I305..should of suggested that but not sure people want to travel just for one coaster(i mean we would go on all the rides but still).

Obviously I think everyone should come to Great Adventure because its a great park despite it being a Six Flags park and we have one of the best lineups anywhere - our locals are spoiled. If I lived anywhere else I'd be jealous. Not to mention anyone with even a passing interest in coasters needs to ride Toro.

Also, Kings has a great lineup other than I305. Obviously I love the sh*t outta that thing and it was why I visited, but Volcano and Dominator are both high quality, and their supporting line-up is also pretty rock solid IMO. They have a ton of solid coasters of all types, and a couple great flats. The park is also a fairly nice park - Aesthetically I like it better than the other two CF parks I've been to (Cedar Point & Dorney). Its grittier and has more personality.

However, if this is a family trip I'd skip both and go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, especially if Kings is a serious contender. Because its not much further and there's more for everyone to do (shows, animals, beer), not to mention the park is WONDERFUL NICEST PARK EVER! and they do have some great thrill rides and coasters.

Most likely of course my home park SF Great America but in September we are going to take a big family vacation with a bunch of my family. We havent picked yet though but we will either go to Disney World which surprisingly I never been too. Or we might go to Kings Island which I havent been to since 2004 so I would like to go again. However my mom asked me to make a suggestion and I said Great Adventure as I never been there and its one of my dream parks. I know the drive would be long but nowhere as long as lets say...Florida. The Florida idea sounded awesome until I found out we might DRIVE there since not everyone can afford plane tickets....Meh I dont know about that...16 hours cooped up in a car with all of them Also Disney World isnt known for a thrill coaster mecca although it would be nice to try it out since I never been there. If anything though I'd pick Great Adventure though. Kings D sounds kind of cool to now that I think of it for I305..should of suggested that but not sure people want to travel just for one coaster(i mean we would go on all the rides but still).

Go to Conneaut if you don't want to drive that far... it's nice. They have great suvaneers such as slap chops and E coli.

If anything though I'd pick Great Adventure though. Kings D sounds kind of cool to now that I think of it for I305..should of suggested that but not sure people want to travel just for one coaster(i mean we would go on all the rides but still).

Obviously I think everyone should come to Great Adventure because its a great park despite it being a Six Flags park and we have one of the best lineups anywhere - our locals are spoiled. If I lived anywhere else I'd be jealous. Not to mention anyone with even a passing interest in coasters needs to ride Toro.

Also, Kings has a great lineup other than I305. Obviously I love the sh*t outta that thing and it was why I visited, but Volcano and Dominator are both high quality, and their supporting line-up is also pretty rock solid IMO. They have a ton of solid coasters of all types, and a couple great flats. The park is also a fairly nice park - Aesthetically I like it better than the other two CF parks I've been to (Cedar Point & Dorney). Its grittier and has more personality.

However, if this is a family trip I'd skip both and go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, especially if Kings is a serious contender. Because its not much further and there's more for everyone to do (shows, animals, beer), not to mention the park is WONDERFUL NICEST PARK EVER! and they do have some great thrill rides and coasters.

Oh that sounds like a cool idea too. Busch Gardens. Both sound like a neat idea honesty. As long as it has thrill rides you know? I did want to try Disney World even though its not the most thrilling when it comes to rides because I never been there and its like the king of theme parks. However when i found out we might drive instead I kind of noped out of that. We would end up killing each other! Also when my mom asked me to give suggestions too I decided to pick a place thats more thrilling and even if it will be somewhat a drive it wont be no where as long as Florida...There wont even be room to lay and spread out as there was be many of us.... I did long road trips before but never with tons of people and never that long. Im so used to the concept of planes that when my mom pointed out at some SUV riding past us and said "we would take a care like THAT" I thought she meant as in a rental car when get there and I was in mind "whats the big deal...? until she said we'd actually drive there!

^ Lucky you. We have to wait till May for Playland(PNE) to open.

I will admit, only 10 weeks of offseason is pretty great.

And you say we got it all, here in Canada*......pffft

*Or words to that effect.