TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

I've seen shorter (always thought Tennessee Tornado was too short). I think this looks great and will be a great addition to the park. It's a great wooden coaster for them. It has some really great elements. Will this be the steepest drop on any wooden coaster?

I was a bit let down by the length (or lack of) but it should more than make up for it in intensity.

Layout is short but wicked, and I hear speed is 68 mph?

Also it's cool RMC is starting pedal to the metal. I mean SoB that single, all steel, loop but a double barrel roll??

Crazy

I've seen shorter (always thought Tennessee Tornado was too short). I think this looks great and will be a great addition to the park. It's a great wooden coaster for them. It has some really great elements. Will this be the steepest drop on any wooden coaster?

Yes it will be.

TT is too short, it's an amazing coaster and it's so smooth that when it ends it leaves thinking "that was it?" It's still great though.

My only disappointment is that after the first drop it really has no more height, overall this coaster is looking amazing.

^There's still going to be a bit of height. The concept artwork is pretty deceptive since it makes it appear as if it is on level ground. In reality this ride is actually somewhat fitted to the terrain. Some of those drops are going to be a little bigger than they look, I think. There should be a good bit of airtime on this, so I'm happy.

After finally seeing the layout, this coaster has me excited big times!

It might be a bit short, but after riding lots of short Intamin launch coasters, I doubt it will any problem at all.

Huge win for SDC!

I looked for the photo earlier and found successfully, but only keeping it for personal use, not going to share all over Facebook/TPR/else where. Honestly, I felt (and still) feel awkward about sharing the proposed GCI coaster on the CGA Facebook.

The image is however going around Facebook now as I just effortlessly came across the layout once again.

About the coaster, it looks like a short but sweet coaster! Definitely does not look too scale though, looks huge! Don't know if it's because of the fact that the supports look like they're much closer in. Loving the finale double roll, and the exit coming off that second roll.

^

It would probably be best if any images of the leaked layout does not get posted on this forum. Everyone will find out in 10 days so you guys don't have too much longer to wait!

So, if you were able to get a screenshot, please refrain from posting it. Thanks!

Eric (TPR Moderator)

It's time for a friendly reminder not to post any images pertaining to the layout of the new coaster. As the park did not intend for this information to be publically released, we will not allow them to be posted in the forum. There are plenty of places where you can see the layout on the internet, plus this information will be released to the public in just a few short days.

Thanks guys for your cooperation!

Eric (TPR Moderator)