TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm with you guys on the wingwalker theory, since Intamin doesn't do any other types of LIM/LSM coasters (aside from reverse freefall)

*cough*California Screamin' (launched looper)*cough*Aquatrax*cough*Impulse*cough*Volcano (inverted)*cough*

Ooh, I should really get that cough looked at.

I'm with you guys on the wingwalker theory, since Intamin doesn't do any other types of LIM/LSM coasters (aside from reverse freefall)

*cough*California Screamin' (launched looper)*cough*Aquatrax*cough*Impulse*cough*Volcano (inverted)*cough*

Ooh, I should really get that cough looked at.

Yeah, I relized that after I posted, but never got around to edditing it. But knowing that, it still isnt that limited to Aquatrax and wing walker. It can be the same type Cali Screamin' is, exept with a much more twisted layout etc...

I shall add my speculaion to this evergrowing topic.

Based on recent support and track sightings, layout, and online findings, I've concluded that Cedar Point's next coaster... will be an Intamin.

Hold your applause, please.

*Note: I was at the very least entertained by the few people towards the start of the thread who said, "They're just deceiving us! They're building it for another park! Where's my tinfoil hat?!"

EDIT: Based on my new milestone post count, I also speculate the new ride to break the 1000 foot barrier...

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Gallery.aspx?a=469

Ok so the facts we know...again:

1. It WILL be a roller coaster

2. It is an Intamin

3. It is Red

4. It has white/grey-ish supports

5. Its going where WWL used to be

Thats really it because intamin uses the same type of track for everyone of their coasters. Its really funny to sit back and watch everyone speculate on it. O ya:

6. Everyone here, myself included, is very impaitent.

The supports are actually a sort of off-white color...they're like the color of slightly yellow teeth. Odd description, I know, but that's really the best comparison I can make. It's like a coffee cream color.

Cedar Point is installing .....

:butt:*The Crapper Coaster*:butt:

This first of it's kind train is composed of toilets with open bottoms. This gives the passengers the oportuninty to lay waste to fellow guests as they fly by!

---------

My guess is a looper .. still.

I just remebered something! On a show I watched on National Geographic called Supercoasters, they talked abou how modern day LIMS can catapult tons of lbs to up to 200mph in less that 2 seconds. They used a catch car, but they catch car was the part being attracted and repelled by the lims, not the car itself. They also have a testing ground in NJ. Maybe this helped, in a way..??

Something in me is leaning towards an aqua trax, after all the one in Lotte World uses LIMs.

I was thinking the same thing and theres that one video of the track being shown and the guys were saying that the track is alot bigger than usual Intamin track and if you look at the track on RCDB of Atlantis Adventure all the track is 3 tube and alot bigger than the ordinary Intamin track.