TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

This is exactly what I was hoping for. They've repainted it blackish-grey and have given it a cool name. The name takes a hint at Wildfire at SDC, which is what I speculated they could do to make the best use of the theming, and it works well.

Professor Delbert's Frontier Fling may just be the most creative and best name Cedar Fair has come up with in some time. Again, it fits perfectly into a ludicrous-1800's invention (back in the day when "flying" was only experimental and crazy).

The name takes a hint at Wildfire at SDC

This is a good point. When I visited Cedar Point for the first time last summer, the Frontier Trail section seemed so Silver Dollar City like to me. The name is pretty hokey, but that's what this type of theming is all about. I kind of love it.

"We have more to share -- but later," Tony said, eagerly reigniting TPR's months-long speculative debate about the opening year of an RMC'd Mean Streak.

But I'm sure when he said that he was referring to the RMC Mean Streak that will be announced in August for 2018

There's Really More Coming!

This is a good point. When I visited Cedar Point for the first time last summer, the Frontier Trail section seemed so Silver Dollar City like to me. The name is pretty hokey, but that's what this type of theming is all about. I kind of love it.

I admit that I was one that thought that this would look somewhat out of place on the Frontier Trail, but this doesn't look too bad - and I like the name. Still would rather have a "real" log flume there or somewhere on the trail, but you never know...it could come in time.

I dunno I think its pretty awkward if yall think its awkward to sit next to a stranger on a coaster. Its happened to me a good amount and I always try to at least say hi and make some friendly small talk. I've even made a few really good friends with this way.

So you're about to do something for the sole purpose of fun and it happens to be with someone you don't know who is also doing this thing for the sole purpose of fun and you're going to ignore them the whole time? Lamesauce with a side of awkward and a dash of weirdo.* Say hi, ask them if they've ridden the ride before, have they been to the park before, tell them how much of a geek you are... Trust me it makes life more fun.

*I know... its like the recipe for coaster enthusiasts.

I sat next to a stranger on Magnum earlier this year... and now we're in a committed relationship! You never know what might happen

Also, I'm loving some of the deep posts that came out of this discussion

I admit that I was one that thought that this would look somewhat out of place on the Frontier Trail, but this doesn't look too bad - and I like the name. Still would rather have a "real" log flume there or somewhere on the trail, but you never know...it could come in time.

Agreed on both counts, that it will look out of place, and that the park needs a log flume. But this is a good move, and the name will help it fit in, at least better than Skyhawk does.

It would be weird if CP got rid of it and send it to CGA's. According to the master plan they are going to receive an impulse coaster and as Intamin seems to no longer manufacture them I'm pretty sure that it will be a relocation. Now we only need to know which of the Impulse's of the chain will bite the dust, and when it will happen.

It would be weird if CP got rid of it and send it to CGA's. According to the master plan they are going to receive an impulse coaster and as Intamin seems to no longer manufacture them I'm pretty sure that it will be a relocation. Now we only need to know which of the Impulse's of the chain will bite the dust, and when it will happen.

I haven't been on Wicked Twister as of late, or to the park as often as others on this thread, so I cannot speak of its ridership or maintenance cost--but would those two issues perhaps prompt the park to relocate it to CGA? With so many other larger, faster, more thrilling rides available, I could imagine Wicked Cyclone not attracting the crowds it once did.

Also, given the location of Wicked Cyclone, perhaps CP might use the space for a junior wooden coaster? It is quite close to that section of junior rides afterall.

^First, I assume you're talking about Wicked TWISTER

I don't remember the other impulses in the chain, but I think that, while Wicked Twister may not be as popular as the other Intamins and cheap ride to maintain (LIM's are b*tches), it is still a great coaster that fills their line-up, and I think it's more probable that the one at Dorney (or any other that I don't remember) leaves than Wicked Twister being move to CGA.

Sorry if these appear to be off-topic, but a friend of mine informed me today that Wicked Twister is being relocated to California. Has anyone else heard of this rumor? Or is it even valid?

I really can't see Cedar Point parting with Wicked Twister. Compared to most coasters, it has a relatively small foot print. I can't imagine what the park could/would replace it with that would be comparable.

Also, I love Wicked Twister, so I'd hate to see it leave the park.