TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

oh i did expect to get restraints like CP giga for rider's good comfort

but CP has turned it down a bit like Mavelick got added OTSR with its

lapbar!

Intamin doesn't build Accelerator Coasters without OTSR anymore since the SROS en waterride deaths. All roller coasters with inversions or high speed will automaticly get OTSR.

from the pic on the Cedar point website, it looks like the trains are going to have a lot of leg room which is nice. I hate the Xcelerator trains because they have hardly any leg room. Also, i dont mind OSTR's unless they hurt. Ive only been on one intamin ride w/ them (perilous plunge) and lets say i was less than thrilled... they hurt like crap...

from the pic on the Cedar point website, it looks like the trains are going to have a lot of leg room which is nice. I hate the Xcelerator trains because they have hardly any leg room. Also, i dont mind OSTR's unless they hurt. Ive only been on one intamin ride w/ them (perilous plunge) and lets say i was less than thrilled... they hurt like crap...

I haven't been on PP since they got the OSTR's, but I'm sure the loading and unloading isn't a century anymore, correct? Uncomfortable? Lame. And yeah, Xcelerator has absolutely no leg room(well, some). What am I supposed to do with my long dancers legs?

It looks to me that the coaster is going to have a lot of head choppers. The tunnel also looks a bit low, most likely due to the angle of the shots, but I could be wrong.

But you know, in the "Legend" of Maverick, they said that it was "Ducking and diving over the landscape", and "Changing direction in the blink of an eye.

~Mike

I'm gonna have to agree with Spookbaby's sex comment here. This ride looks pretty freakin' stellar. This definitely takes my spot for the ride I'm most looking forward to '07. Sorry Dollywood..

I'm going to have to go with Flying Turns at Knoebels for my most anticipated ride of 2007. There's nothing else like it. Of course, Knoebels has not committed to even opening it in 2007, but it looks like it will.

cool, random but anyone else kinda annoyed with how Pointbuzz has thei galleries? I like the layout, but everytime you click a photo the entire page reloads and the scrollbar goes back to the far left, so its hard to tell sometimes if youre going through one by one which one youre on, especially if its a large gallery and youre in the middle or near the end. I dunno I just find it a little tedious.

Hey Allan try clicking on the little double arrows on the right side of them (>>). Clicking that moves it over to the next picture which makes it somewhat a bit more easier so you dont have to keep scrollin over with the bar everytime it resets.

Btw Allan either do the >> thing or deal with it and grow some thicker skin.

Wow this coaster looks amazing. The 95 degree drop with the "looks like your gonna hit the rocks" effect is sweet...A very nice addition to the park. Maybe now that Magic Mountain is staying open maybe they'll take a hint from Cedar Point...except have it hug the mountain terrain better than Tatsu.

But seriously, this ride looks quality and I've tried to look up specs, but doesn't this ride have 2 launches? On the specs I only saw a listing for 1 launch...are they both just 70 MPH? I've read about 5 pages into this thread...gimme a week and I'll get through it all...