TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Are you talking about the gates over the track? That is to prevent people from getting to close to the edge of the ride platform and falling. Its a safety precaution. They have them on several B&M coasters.

EDIT: ^ Beat me to it

^If you mean the swinging gate, it's there as a safeguard to keep guests boarding the front row from falling onto the track in front of the train since the trains are floorless and have no zero car in front of them.

Just like Rougarou! Thank you very much!

Nice pic's! I know this may sound stupid, but are they going to put a roof on the storage shed? I mean they have the support beams for one..........but a roof hasn't been placed yet.
If you look on the webcam it looks like the roof has been installed already. Tony and Intern Jordan probably hold on to the photos for a couple of days until they release them. Example: where the photo is with the rocks around the supports on the midway there is dirt around them. Now it looks to be concrete.

Just curious, does anyone know why there are an two level scaffolding set up near the second immelmann loop? (Bottom right on the webcam). It seems to imply some work that needs to be done near or on the track for an extended period of time (rather than a 2-3 day job). At first I thought maybe it would be for sensor placement on the track but they wouldn't need scaffolding for that kind of work right?

Just curious, does anyone know why there are an two level scaffolding set up near the second immelmann loop? (Bottom right on the webcam). It seems to imply some work that needs to be done near or on the track for an extended period of time (rather than a 2-3 day job). At first I thought maybe it would be for sensor placement on the track but they wouldn't need scaffolding for that kind of work right?

That, according to CP is where the splashdown and monorail will be located.

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

Word leaked a few days back that the surprise element on Valravn was in fact not going to be strippers, but a splashdown, and a head chopper with the new monorail that CP is putting in. Would I rather have had strippers, yes. But I think the combined splashdown/monorail will be exciting as well. I personally can't wait.

Hi guys, I'm sorry to interrupt the talk about Valravn, but I really need help with something! Im planning my very first visit to Cedar Point in late May. Plans are to flight to Cleveland (I live in Boston), take the train to Sandusky and then, considering that I can't rent a car and that the hotels on the Point are so expensive, I was thinking about staying at a hotel in Sandusky and take a taxi to the park. I plan to stay for like two days. Do you think that's feasbile? A good idea? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much! (ps.: chances are that Ill be all by myself.)

So probably an obvious stupid question coming this way. Clearly have to activate season pass by going to activation center, but I can still do the early entry correct? (It's a Platinum Pass.)

If I am not mistaken, a week or so before the park opens, they start season pass processing.

Edit: Took 3 seconds to find this on the website. https://www.cedarpoint.com/hours-directions/season-pass-processing?mobile=0

I'd contact the park in a few weeks, and you should be able to get in touch with someone is Guest Services who knows more.

I know Kings Island does processing before opening day

Yah, some folks wanna bitch about Magic Mountain with no transportation ride, but Cedar Point is friggin huger. Even as a youngin', holy hell it seems like you can get from ride to ride with no problem looking at the map, but in fact it is a marathon to get around. It would not hurt to have an encircling transportation ride at this park. Especially if it was an enclosed air conditioned type of thing. Man that would be such a glorious addition to the park.

So strange that back in the day transportation rides seemed to be a standard, almost the highlight attraction, and nowadays no park wants to pay for guest convenience because they can't run an ad that will make them any money.

No way to advertise it as an attraction? Damn! Guess it's all a pipe dream...

Yah, some folks wanna bitch about Magic Mountain with no transportation ride, but Cedar Point is friggin huger. Even as a youngin', holy hell it seems like you can get from ride to ride with no problem looking at the map, but in fact it is a marathon to get around. It would not hurt to have an encircling transportation ride at this park. Especially if it was an enclosed air conditioned type of thing. Man that would be such a glorious addition to the park.

So strange that back in the day transportation rides seemed to be a standard, almost the highlight attraction, and nowadays no park wants to pay for guest convenience because they can't run an ad that will make them any money.

No way to advertise it as an attraction? Damn! Guess it's all a pipe dream...

The park is huge but I never felt they had a problem with transportation rides. They have a ridiculously high capacity train ride and a ridiculously high capacity Sky Ride that can get you from the absolute back to the absolute front and you'll only have to walk for like 2 minutes down the midway by Iron Dragon.

Hi guys, I'm sorry to interrupt the talk about Valravn, but I really need help with something! Im planning my very first visit to Cedar Point in late May. Plans are to flight to Cleveland (I live in Boston), take the train to Sandusky and then, considering that I can't rent a car and that the hotels on the Point are so expensive, I was thinking about staying at a hotel in Sandusky and take a taxi to the park. I plan to stay for like two days. Do you think that's feasbile? A good idea? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you very much! (ps.: chances are that Ill be all by myself.)

Why cant you rent a car? But a taxi or Uber should work. All seems feasible. There are alot of hotels within 5-10 minutes