TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I agree, the look of the Frontier lift looked amazing. It would be drastically different now (primarily less trees), and would have to be a close call to MF's down side of it's second hill. It would definitely be cool to see if they could ever introduce another lift like the old in the future.

Frontier Lift, oh yeah!

Who knows... maybe it will return some day. A new model, of course. Maybe a little longer. What a great view of the park that would give, very different from back in the day.

Never say never.

Gatekeeper is so attractive, it's almost like a really hot girl who is just so-so in bed but fun enough to keep sleeping with.

I like GateKeeper a lot, but I'm glad my woman is definitely a Maverick, if we're comparing to coasters here! (Which is also a beautiful coaster to look at, but additionally is... well... you know...)

^^^

I feel like Power Tower and Windseeker at CP get an automatic boost over the others due to the amazing views from the top. (Haven't gotten on Cedar Downs yet. Is there seriously no safety precautions IE: seatbelts?)

I honestly don't know what everyone is talking about here . I've ridden this ride probably twice a visit every visit for the past 15 years and have never felt any of these crazy forces. Typically I don't even hold on and just BS with my friends while we race. To each their own. I have also never seen anyone fall off a horse.

Did you ride it in 1969 or early 70's?

Nope! Wasn't even born yet! First visit to the park was in 1998. Which is irrelevant to how it runs now. It does not run fast enough to nearly throw people off.

Well...You are wrong being I was one of those people who was nearly thrown off. If it would have ran for another 15 seconds or so I would have been a statistic. One thing I've noticed when watching the rye one is people lean to the side. I'm quite sure I didn't at a very young age.

This video posted by Ohio Valley Coasters is interesting. Ledgers that clearly show an inversion inside the structure that appears to be above the ledgers that are just above the ground:

Very cool. I'm definitely more excited for the second half of the ride than the first. The first looks great already, but the second half is where I expect them to go absolutely nuts with crazy, fast, low to the ground elements that will likely be taking place inside the structure which will only to serve to make them even more awesome.

^Yeah, as somebody who did ride the Frontier Lift, I can attest to the fact that it was definitely the better of the two sky rides! It was awesome to soar over the water below, with the Paddlewheel Excursions chugging along, and then through the trees as you approached Frontier Town! I remember we frequently rode that lift, while riding the other one was more of a one and done type of thing. As much as I loved Iron Dragon (back in the day when it debuted), I definitely missed the Frontier Lift upon its removal, and older me, kind of wishes we could have Frontier Lift back, and lose Iron Dragon...

I agree - I liked the Frontier Lift much better than the one on the midway. If they ever brought something similar back, it would make for some outstanding photo opportunities of that side of the park!

As one that has never been a huge fan of Iron Dragon, I would be all for it's removal if it meant bringing back the Frontier Lift. I remember the year Iron Dragon opened and I was so pumped after seeing a POV of BBW at Busch. After waiting in the queue that went all the way back to the Skyride, I remember saying to my friend after the ride: "That was it?"

The coolest part that I liked about the ride was the swing right before the brake at the end. I thought the ride would do that throughout the course versus just chugging through the trees at a slow to moderate pace. The swings over the water at the end were okay, but I really thought that they would be taken much faster and have way more swinging action.

Then after riding BBW years later, I said "Now that's exactly what I expected Iron Dragon to be like!"

Sorry to change topics, but has anyone ever been to the park during Father's Day!? I have heard different opinions about the day, from small crowds to large. What is your experience on this holiday!? Recommend or stay away!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak to how the crowds will be, though I'd guess they'd be moderate being a Sunday. You sound like you're "aware" that it's the park's unofficial gay day. So that could make the day extra fun. I know I always had fun that day when I worked at the park

I would almost assume that many people know that tomorrow is the "unofficial gay day" at Cedar Point and that is why I feel there are so many answers to the crowd size.

But whatever the case about crowd size, it will be a fun day at Cedar Point tomorrow!

What made the day fun to work when you were there, Besides the obvious?

I would almost assume that many people know that tomorrow is the "unofficial gay day" at Cedar Point and that is why I feel there are so many answers to the crowd size.

But whatever the case about crowd size, it will be a fun day at Cedar Point tomorrow!

What made the day fun to work when you were there, Besides the obvious?

Gatekeeper is so attractive, it's almost like a really hot girl who is just so-so in bed but fun enough to keep sleeping with.

I like GateKeeper a lot, but I'm glad my woman is definitely a Maverick, if we're comparing to coasters here! (Which is also a beautiful coaster to look at, but additionally is... well... you know...)

You two are killing me!! Holy heck that newest animation posted looks amazing.

breaks down a lot, and occasionally someone pukes on her??