TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Although there were portions of the tour where people were clearly taking distance photos of Mean Streak and they never said anything, I did get the feeling that it was a bit disrespectful and they didn't want people doing it but could only control it to the extent that they did. I'm sure they knew people would be zooming in on it from other portions of the park, but that one location offered the best view of "the hill" and they at least didn't want people photographing that. All other photos taken felt a bit questionable.

The park did so much for us today and took us past an area they knew we would get a decent glimpse of Mean Streak that people could take advantage of, I feel the least we can do is respect their previous wishes. Let other theme park sites be "those guys."

I hope they do Beer & BBQ again this year. It was an INCREDIBLE event. We couldn't eat and drink our way through all our tickets. Most of the food bordered on outstanding, and I ended up sporting a very solid buzz thanks to some outstanding craft brew samples. Riding afterwards was a lot of fun, though slightly hazy to the memory. My partners don't do beer but there was enough excellent hard cider and sodas to keep them very happy. Of course that meant I also *had* redeem all three of our Rougabrew/Valravn beer vouchers...myself.

Some random pics from our visit last year, never got a chance to put together a proper TR. (This was two days after the big storm that closed the park for a day and we got some additional interesting weather):

IMG_3215.thumb.jpg.e74384fb3aa4ba0e751c4c209b6ebc34.jpg

IMG_3223.thumb.jpg.39f0dcfc52457127ad90ca757b9fcb3c.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg.42f1198c98c5919e3497aa44dc9025d9.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg.e137f1e1e0c58a86f37ec54319d0ef55.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg.39ca965580b5899b4e69fc15f30fc26a.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg.cc88a5731a8d9c794d34235de2461b88.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg.4fab482f9370809638760afb6635311f.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg.8db0a74696f2534740aa228d43adcae9.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg.134da956ed1177f5cabd4167b3a11d8d.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg.e01bd43279c22e9c45fe609fb967b6ba.jpg

IMG_3251.thumb.jpg.c824375c0adee6d8135cea94df11f3b9.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg.60591c81de41e7f67028e68a8f9c2be9.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg.bfd8c46d1502c4b59c9381c85025e04a.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg.60320ac5a134594f6fc23fd0404fdcb1.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg.7d202d143d4a139b3c7ea902ed537026.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg.65b2b0eb18438602e530eceac0c189be.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg.2eb08d84f8331487c8ed7d112e3aec68.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg.c2dd823e3d114546128b649ecfd32025.jpg

^ Yes, they are doing B&B again, this year!

They have it listed under their Special Events section on the CP site.

They say "check back for additional details." May 19 - June 11 (+ May 29)

Me and Bert are hoping to get them ourself for our trip there.

And BTW - awesome shots of all that BBQ (AND brew) you had last year!

^ I wanted to ask you. Did you buy any tickets ahead of time,

or just when you were there when it was on? I have seen the strips

of tickets, probably from last year's B&B.

But I still thought I would ask, thanks.

Cedar-Point-Brew-and-BBQ-Tickets.jpg.6ed770def85b5ee10c125dae6b89a2de.jpg

Last year's tickets, I believe.

Sure... we just bought the tickets at the park. I think the event started at like 5:00, and IIRC we got in maybe 1/2h earlier with Platinum Passes, so there was no wait. As long as you showed up towards the beginning, getting tickets on site was no sweat.

Really neat ride pics! I like how Gemini is dwarfed compare to Magnum and Top Thrill. Up close Gemini looks huge but compare to the bigger boys it almost looks like a junior coaster! Valravn looks really cool too. I hope to go to CP again its a really awesome park! Especially when RMC Mean Streak is up and ready!

Sure... we just bought the tickets at the park. I think the event started at like 5:00, and IIRC we got in maybe 1/2h earlier with Platinum Passes, so there was no wait. As long as you showed up towards the beginning, getting tickets on site was no sweat.

That's what we did too...it was great.

Definitely want to get back to this event again this year. If I don't go this year, I'll really want to go the following year. With RMC Mean Streak, Maverick, Skyhawk and Beers/BBQ, there would be no reason to leave that area of the park for the entire evening!

After the tour, we decided to hit castaway bay. The kids were having a blast playing in the kids water play area until some ass clown decided it would be a brilliant idea to drink a bottle of beer in the play area and drop it. So now all the kids are bummed, and they had to close and drain the kids pool to find and sweep up all the glass.

Another Darwin award...

20170225_205024.thumb.jpg.d4baa26b779966285de7bb2b9e37d8b7.jpg

After the tour, we decided to hit castaway bay. The kids were having a blast playing in the kids water play area until some A$$ clown decided it would be a brilliant idea to drink a bottle of beer in the play area and drop it. So now all the kids are bummed, and they had to close and drain the kids pool to find and sweep up all the glass.

Another Darwin award...

Wait, so... someone was killed/sterilized by the broken beer bottle?

TPR's Instagram just reposted a really nice photo of RMC Mean Streak.

Thanks - that was me. Also, I followed ALL rules that we were given to us about photo taking on the tour. A long zoom and a bit of cropping are what got this done - taken from the same spot pretty much everyone else was taking pics from...

Anyway - I am soooooo excited to see this transformation and I find all this speculation fun!

After the tour, we decided to hit castaway bay. The kids were having a blast playing in the kids water play area until some A$$ clown decided it would be a brilliant idea to drink a bottle of beer in the play area and drop it. So now all the kids are bummed, and they had to close and drain the kids pool to find and sweep up all the glass.

Another Darwin award...

If it was broken "under water" yes, they have to drain it... Some may not like it, but that is the sue-happy world we live in... Sadly this is a totally understandable precaution that the resort took...

Another Darwin award...

If it was broken "under water" yes, they have to drain it... Some may not like it, but that is the sue-happy world we live in... Sadly this is a totally understandable precaution that the resort took...

I believe they are talking about the Darwin award. The original poster mentioned a Darwin award for the person who dropped the beer, causing the pool to be drained. But that does not work as a Darwin award, a Darwin Award is described as "They recognize individuals who have supposedly contributed to human evolution by selecting themselves out of the gene pool via death or sterilization by their own actions."

Thanks - that was me. Also, I followed ALL rules that we were given to us about photo taking on the tour. A long zoom and a bit of cropping are what got this done - taken from the same spot pretty much everyone else was taking pics from...

Anyway - I am soooooo excited to see this transformation and I find all this speculation fun!

awesome shot! also, awesome calendar too. February is a great shot.

just checked out your instagram. you've got some REALLY nice pics on there. keep it up

Not only are they stupid but they are kind of selfish too. I know accidents happen but why bring alcohol to a kiddie area anyways?? It looks like the kids area is up and front so parents can watch from side line on lounge chairs and not have to be so close to the kiddie pool. If they want to interact with their kids then they should put the bottle down for a while and spend time with their child! If they dont have children with them then thats REALLY stupid! Why would you be hanging around in a kiddie area drinking then anyways?? Sucks for the people who paid to take their kids there and then the night be ruined by irresponsible people like that....

Sweet photo! The angled ledgers created one hell of an optical illusion which really had me fooled in previous pictures. It looks a lot more "normal" now (but still fairly batshit-crazy), but that's the thing with RMC, you never know what they're gonna come up with next.

This picture also gives a great idea of how much taller the hill is now compared to how it originally was.

Not only are they stupid but they are kind of selfish too. I know accidents happen but why bring alcohol to a kiddie area anyways?? It looks like the kids area is up and front so parents can watch from side line on lounge chairs and not have to be so close to the kiddie pool. If they want to interact with their kids then they should put the bottle down for a while and spend time with their child! If they dont have children with them then thats REALLY stupid! Why would you be hanging around in a kiddie area drinking then anyways?? Sucks for the people who paid to take their kids there and then the night be ruined by irresponsible people like that....

Jesus H Christ. Accidents happen, hun.

I don't even know where to begin with this sh*t...