TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Very much so, but unfortunately hearing the 'scream' right in your ear in the back row on the lift hill is not too pleasant.

And the rattle on the end seats of the back row...

should I hide now?

When we rode Banshee in the back row it felt like we were riding on a jackhammer with square wheels. It was honestly a completely unenjoyable ride and the only rough ride I've ever experienced on a B&M invert. I wouldn't call it a rattle, it was a flat out rough ride. Is that typical? I just brushed it off as a bad wheel since it felt a lot like Nitro does when it needs a wheel replaced (and they don't replace it for 6 months). Every other ride we had was butter smooth but we were always grouped into the front few rows since we had Fastlane and they drew from that line first so I never got a second ride in the back.

Every ride I've had on Banshee in the last row has varying degrees of roughness that isn't present at all in the front. That said, it doesn't ruin the ride at all for me and I'm still not sure if I prefer the front or back, roughness included. It's more intense in the back and it feels even more raw, in a way. It's unfortunate but it's not so bad that it should prevent you from riding row 8 because I think the back is phenomenal.

It would be nice to see a storm chaser type drop implemted.

I'd love to see a barrel roll drop on New Mean Streak, but somewhere mid-course. Keep the first big drop traditional. Best of both worlds.

This is exactly what I was going to say. They'll most likely have plenty of room and height to do it!

I like this talk about an inverted drop on New Mean Streak, but I agree that it shouldn't be in place of a major ejector drop to start the ride.

Mean Streak turns left and dives out of the MCBR. My idea is to have the MCBR lead to a right 270 that leads into a barrel roll drop like on Storm Chaser and Medusa Steel Coaster.

. . . My idea is to have the MCBR lead to a right 270 that leads into a barrel roll drop like on Storm Chaser and Medusa Steel Coaster.

Ohhhh, I love that idea. Then we could have the ejector first drop, yet still have the barrel roll drop as well!!

Oh Cedar Point, please do this!!!

I like that idea as well, hopefully Schilke thought of it since whatever they're doing is well planned out by now.

I think its safe to assume we'll see at least 2-3 (or more) new-to-RMCs elements on this. We're talking about Cedar Point here. I wish they'd just announce the damn thing already. Maybe a Christmas miracle this week?

I can't wait till they finally announce new mean streak. I wish that I could fast forward time by a couple of weeks and see the animation, then fast forward a couple of months so that I can see the first POVs.

Great Scott! Marty, get the keys to the DeLorean! We have future animations to view!

In all seriousness, totally agree with you. Going crazy over no announcements.

Surprised no one mentioned this?

But from what I hear construction for Ripcord has begun on the STR site.

On a scale from someone with an irrelevant hobby to Tony, how reliable is the source?

probably dippin dots guy, or that James Davis guy from the facebook comment a few pages back.

I would quote that photo but im not sure how to.

Surprised no one mentioned this?

But from what I hear construction for Ripcord has begun on the STR site.

On a scale from someone with an irrelevant hobby to Tony, how reliable is the source?

This is a weird one because there's no credible source for it, but I also believe it because it's such mundane and predictable news. I think we all kind of knew that Ripcord would end up in that spot for at least a year now.