TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

higher probability of a 2017 opening based on valid sources.

wut? The park literally JUST CONFIRMED 2018. It's time to accept what the park says as truth.

A random screen on a laptop saying 2018:Richard Michael Crosby in a video from Cedar Point that is supposed to be funny and entertaining is not a CONFIRMATION. I'm not saying this will open in 2017, I'm just saying that unless the park officially posts an announcement saying, "Meaner Streak will be opening in 2018", we can't confirm what year it will open. Tony Clark could've put that in the video for fun, even if it were to open in 2017, I don't think they would've put 2017 in the video.

Again, I'm not saying this will open in 2017, so don't tell me to wait in line

Thank you for this comment. You can't tell the opening date for a coaster through one little teaser. I blame Coasterbill for this mess.

Serious question... at what point will you people come to grips with reality and accept the fact that it's not a 2017 ride? Winter Chill Out? Opening Day? Closing day? I can't wait until this dumb conversation is over but at this point I'm convinced that even if the park opens for the season with no announcement and a ride that's still under construction people still won't be satisfied and they'll expect them to secretly open it later in the season without any marketing at all for their multi million dollar investment.

We know Tony has fun with enthusiasts. Don't forget his 2014 fun.

tony1.jpg.fe3c538f813821b42f97cd30d8ac8df5.jpg

1625249745_Tony2.jpg.7696e3a0117d0bf149d66595977572e3.jpg

I regret posting this, because someone is going to say New MS will have ALL these things. Regardless of date, let's just be happy. Haha, I guess we should all ask, will New MS stop for high winds?

higher probability of a 2017 opening based on valid sources.

wut? The park literally JUST CONFIRMED 2018. It's time to accept what the park says as truth.

A random screen on a laptop saying 2018:Richard Michael Crosby in a video from Cedar Point that is supposed to be funny and entertaining is not a CONFIRMATION. I'm not saying this will open in 2017, I'm just saying that unless the park officially posts an announcement saying, "Meaner Streak will be opening in 2018", we can't confirm what year it will open. Tony Clark could've put that in the video for fun, even if it were to open in 2017, I don't think they would've put 2017 in the video.

Again, I'm not saying this will open in 2017, so don't tell me to wait in line

Thank you for this comment. You can't tell the opening date for a coaster through one little teaser. I blame Coasterbill for this mess.

Serious question... at what point will you people come to grips with reality and accept the fact that it's not a 2017 ride? Winter Chill Out? Opening Day? Closing day? I can't wait until this dumb conversation is over but at this point I'm convinced that even if the park opens for the season with no announcement and a ride that's still under construction people still won't be satisfied and they'll expect them to secretly open it later in the season without any marketing at all for their multi million dollar investment.

We aren't saying it's opening in 2017, we're just saying that the Christmas video didn't confirm it opening in 2018.

We know Tony has fun with enthusiasts. Don't forget his 2014 fun.

[attachment=1]tony1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Tony 2.jpg[/attachment]

I regret posting this, because someone is going to say New MS will have ALL these things. Regardless of date, let's just be happy. Haha, I guess we should all ask, will New MS stop for high winds?

What is crazy about these two images, look at how many were class and how many were true.

1) they have been working on the board walk

2) RMC is a thing

3) all of the reprints have happened

So I find it interesting that he gave us a mix of true and false.

But the one people should be talking about is the aquatrax that goes into a tunnel in Lake Erie. That will be 2020!! Calling it right now. Heard it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^What is this boardwalk you speak of, and what have you done with it?

It's a long-standing rumor that still occasionally gets off-season whispers. The idea may have been kicked around in-house, but I recall enthusiasts lending it traction by way of simply believing that it would be a cool idea. Followers of rumor mills thought a boardwalk along the beach would be a great way of expanding the park with a new section that would have its own unique personality.

The Disaster Transport/Gatekeeper area had often been pegged as the location, per enthusiasts. Demolition predictions for DT and discussion-panic about Cedar Point running out of space fueled the fire. That discussion also birthed the parking garage rumor. Before RMC existed, I recall enthusiasts calling for a "good" woodie from CCI or GCI to complete the classic feel of the project. Cedar Point needed to top Villain at Six Flags Ohio. Parking garages worked at Universal. Cedar Point would do a Jersey Shore area so well! In these ways, enthusiasts fed each other "yes!" momentum toward the idea as if they were bringing everything to fruition through sheer willpower.

Before long, "yep, that would be neat" turned into "Wicked Twister looks great, is this an early sign of the boardwalk?" -- "Dragster looks great, so did they push the boardwalk project back?" -- "Shoot the Rapids will help balance out the back of the park, so they'll probably focus on the boardwalk now."

(I STOLE IT! Muahahahahah!!)

^I guess for me, they have been building up that outside (wicked twister) part of the park. From events, make overs and restaurants. That this (to me) is a sign that they are looking into building up a "board walk" or a nightlife section for resorts. Wether or not it is a physical boardwalk is to be the big question and if they continue to invest in the section (i.e. Events, restaurants, and other items).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk