TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^Typically you merge in with the regular line and then can choose what row you queue up for.

With FLP, how far do i merge in with the line? Do i have to wait more than 10 minutes?

Depends on the ride. Some merge pretty close to the station, some others like Millennium are a bit farther. All that FastLane Plus offers is that it adds Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster to the FastLane list. Does not offer any other difference in terms of "speed."

For rides that have less than adequate capacity like Maverick, there's a chance to wait at least 20+ minutes, even longer on busy days. Some rides you won't have to wait very long.

If you're going for a 1-day trip and want to ride as many coasters as possible, FastLane is definitely worth the extra cost.

^ yes

I went 4th of July weekend this past summer and we rode EVERYTHING many many many times the one day we had the FLP. Granted we waited about 20-30 minutes for Maverick and Millennium Force but I will take that over 2+ hours. Also we got there before they opened and stayed till midnight so that helped. We literally started with Gatekeeper and moved from ride to ride. I don't like skipping around a park from one side to the other, we still rode all the coasters many times, by doing quite a few circles around the park.

I'll be returning to Cedar Point this summer for the first time since Fast Lane Plus was introduced in the park (a long overdue visit). I was just curious how FLP has affected how the normal lines move? I remember without FLP, the lines all seemed to constantly move (except for Mantis of course) and was wondering if this is still the same case or if there is a noticeable difference now?

^ The only line I feel is slowed down by FLP is Maverick, and that's probably because of the lower capacity. But for all the other rides in the park I didn't feel like FLP slowed them down at all, they just keep moving like they always do.

^ Finally we will be able to go under some "coaster" track at Cedar Point.

Glad that area of the park is finally being upgraded. It used to be so bland, and now it's going to be beaming with two fun family friendly rides, and one giant slingshot.

Did you not know about the $25 million dollar big blue coaster that you walk under at Cedar Point? Gatekeeper?

I didn't realize it would be that high up, I guess there won't be any clearance issues after all. Cedar Point must have a fetish with blue coasters.

Glad that area of the park is finally being upgraded. It used to be so bland, and now it's going to be beaming with two fun family friendly rides, and one giant slingshot.

Did you not know about the $25 million dollar big blue coaster that you walk under at Cedar Point? Gatekeeper?

Plus Raptor, Magnum, Millennium, Wicked Twister, Corkscrew and Mean Streak lolololol

Plus Raptor, Magnum, Millennium, Wicked Twister, Corkscrew and Mean Streak lolololol

And Mine Ride, Iron Dragon, Mantis...basically all of them haha

Did they state that Gatekeeper was an April fools joke?

The rumors began around this time last year.

EDIT

The rumors began around this time two years ago.

Edited by JonnyRCT3