TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2037: Siren’s Curse tilt coaster announced for 2025!

I'm sure there are lots of folks on here that wish this were true...I know I do!

From their website...

SANDUSKY, Ohio (April 1, 2014) - Cedar Point, voted the "Best Amusement Park in the World," today announced yet another park expansion for the 2014 season. Animals from mild to wild will roam the midways in the new FrOnTiER FaRm, located along the Frontier Trail.

Guests will get up close and personal (without cages or boundaries) with elephants, giraffes, chimpanzees, wolves, lions, meerkats, skunks, rabbits, cows, rhinos, sea lions, black bears, seagulls, impalas, alpacas, worms, red-winged blackbirds, foxes, chickens, zebras, really angry birds, sharks, toucans, tigers, octopi, ostriches, gorillas and more.

"Bringing a bit of the wild into Cedar Point is something we've always wanted to do," said Jason McClure, vice president & general manager of Cedar Point. "Our rides are thrilling - but to interact with wild animals in a natural environment will give guests the added value they're looking for."

Bananas and raw meat will be available for a nominal fee for guests who'd like to kick their thrill up a notch by feeding the animals.

In addition, an all-new musical revue will entertain guests of all ages. "Stay Away From Me, You Furry Beast!" features songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's, all with lyrics pertaining to the fear of animals.

FrOnTiER FaRm is scheduled to open on November 3, 2014.

I'm sure there are lots of folks on here that wish this were true...I know I do!

From their website...

SANDUSKY, Ohio (April 1, 2014) - Cedar Point, voted the "Best Amusement Park in the World," today announced yet another park expansion for the 2014 season. Animals from mild to wild will roam the midways in the new FrOnTiER FaRm, located along the Frontier Trail.

Guests will get up close and personal (without cages or boundaries) with elephants, giraffes, chimpanzees, wolves, lions, meerkats, skunks, rabbits, cows, rhinos, sea lions, black bears, seagulls, impalas, alpacas, worms, red-winged blackbirds, foxes, chickens, zebras, really angry birds, sharks, toucans, tigers, octopi, ostriches, gorillas and more.

"Bringing a bit of the wild into Cedar Point is something we've always wanted to do," said Jason McClure, vice president & general manager of Cedar Point. "Our rides are thrilling - but to interact with wild animals in a natural environment will give guests the added value they're looking for."

Bananas and raw meat will be available for a nominal fee for guests who'd like to kick their thrill up a notch by feeding the animals.

In addition, an all-new musical revue will entertain guests of all ages. "Stay Away From Me, You Furry Beast!" features songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's, all with lyrics pertaining to the fear of animals.

FrOnTiER FaRm is scheduled to open on November 3, 2014.

Thanks a lot. You made me laugh so hard that I need to poo.

This picture here: ff_01.jpg.c2e706d0b3f16a13be8fc8170ca61198.jpg

^You're about 5 hours late...

I realize the link to their website was posted, but I wanted to paste the verbiage so people could read it on TPR.

That and the fact that I worked eleven hours today...so yeah, I was a little late to the party.

Did they state that Gatekeeper was an April fools joke?

The rumors began around this time last year.

Wasn't Gatekeeper constructed and testing at this time last year?

Well, 2 years ago. early 2012.

slightly off-topic....

Looks like the drama is still going on:

Ohio Supreme Court hears argument between Cedar Point parent company, former employee

By Kaylee Remington, The Morning Journal

Posted: 04/13/14, 11:00 PM EDT | Updated: 1 hr ago

0 Comments

TOLEDO — The Ohio Supreme Court last week listened to arguments on a legal dispute between Cedar Fair, the parent company that operates Cedar Point, and its former chief operating officer, and issued advisement.

An arbitration panel found that Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. violated the terms of an employment contract with Jacob Falfas when it fired him. The panel ordered Cedar Fair to reinstate Falfas to his former position.

Cedar Fair argued that the panel requiring the company to rehire Falfas is contrary to state law, which bars the forced reinstatement of a terminated employee.

Richard Panza, Falfas’ attorney, argued that Cedar Fair was under the impression that Falfas had resigned, but allegedly he had not. He also noted the arbitrators found that Falfas contract was breached.

“Mr. Falfas hasn’t received a nickel in termination pay for the last four years,” Panza said.

Douglas Cole, attorney for Cedar Fair, said that the arbitrators exceeded their power in making that decision.

The legal dispute goes back to June 10, 2010, when Falfas, then 59, had a brief telephone conversation with former Chief Executive Officer Richard Kinzel. Since then, the company and Falfas have disputed whether Falfas resigned or was terminated during the call.

Falfas challenged the end of his employment with Cedar Fair and sought a ruling through an arbitrator, pursuant to his employment contract. In February 2011, an arbitration panel ruled that Falfas “was terminated for reasons other than cause” and “the facts fail to establish resignation,” according to court records.

The arbitration panel ordered Falfas be reinstated with back pay and benefits.

Cedar Fair officials appealed that decision by filing in Erie County Common Pleas Court. There, a judge ruled Cedar Fair owed back pay and benefits to Falfas, but that the law did not permit him to be reinstated, said Falfas’ then attorney, Richard Panza of Avon.

Falfas appealed that ruling to the Sixth District Court of Appeals in Toledo. Judges Arlene Singer, Thomas J. Osowik and Stephen A. Yarbruogh ruled Falfas was entitled to back pay, benefits and reinstatement, Panza said.

Cedar Fair asked the state Supreme Court to review that decision by the appellate court.

The company argued the Sixth District Court of Appeals’ ruling countered Ohio’s “long-settled rule” that courts may not order specific performance of employment contracts. '

Link: http://www.morningjournal.com/general-news/20140413/ohio-supreme-court-hears-argument-between-cedar-point-parent-company-former-employee