TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

There will be a line to enter the resort entrance for early entry but it should move pretty fast. Get there 15-20 minutes early and you will be fine. As long as you go straight to Maverick once you are in the park, you should be fine assuming they have all five trains up and running. You can always then go wait for TTD to open and be one of the first on that.

You shouldn't have any problem, Cedar Point as lost some of it's attendance this year from what I've seen. People must be realizing there are other GREAT Parks out there that don't cost a fortune to visit

No knife throwing, but I will be very surprised if the year end attendance figures show a huge attendance dip year over year.

You shouldn't have any problem, Cedar Point as lost some of it's attendance this year from what I've seen. People must be realizing there are other GREAT Parks out there that don't cost a fortune to visit

And there are dozens of parks that cost a HELL of a lot more than this one. Seriously, on the WTF? scale of expensive parks, with a 1 being your typical FEC and 10 being any Orlando park, CP is at about a 6 (maybe 7) out of 10. I would put places like Kennywood and Holiday World at about a 3 or 4.

^I personally wouldn't pay that much for CP. I find that people have not been as loyal to the park lately because they find that they can get a much better experience at other parks like SFMM. I find that CP spends too much on rides like Maxair, Skyhawk, Shoot the Rapids, and Windseeker to name a few. I would think they would want to improve their coaster collection.

Any more info on this supposed new coaster thats supposed to take the place of DT? It seems like one mediocre X-Flight clone is going to replace another mediocre coaster.

I hope the park does something to improve the overall atmosphere.

"A much better experience at other parks like SFMM"? Cedar Point is certainly the nicer of the two parks, and even if SFMM is even an ounce nicer you certainly aren't getting any "experience" there worth money. That's coming from an unbiased person, too - aside from X2, Cedar Point is a much bigger draw because it's just a generally nicer place.

Also...what makes Cedar Point expensive to begin with? Tickets and parking are average-priced, food is really no worse than any other place, and there aren't even upcharges in the main park. I've never spent any more money there than I have at any other chain park, like the Six Flags and the other Cedar Fair parks.

They're spending more money on those rides because they want the park to be more focused on flat rides than roller coasters. A park has to have a balance of roller coasters, family rides and flat rides, and kiddie rides. They're rounding out their ride collection instead of being more focused on coasters.

^Ok we don't love the place. The park believes more in coasters than in cleanliness. I swear, you are blinded by the coasters to take a look at what the park has become since the last president left. The park needs to take care of what they have before they invest in more money.

^ i just think a coaster would be a much better investment. Other than LLDOD, SFMM never wastes money on those types of rides and look at how much people love that place. JMHO

^^There are just as many people out there who hate Magic Mountain as there are that hate Cedar Point, your honest opinion is just that.

^I personally wouldn't pay that much for CP. I find that people have not been as loyal to the park lately because they find that they can get a much better experience at other parks like SFMM.

How many of Cedar Point's daily park guests are even aware that SFMM even exists? Much less have ever visited it? I'm sorry, but regardless of whether or not you think SFMM is a better park, the notion that it is somehow a substitute for Cedar Point is just ridiculous.

If there is any park that could cut into Cedar Point's core customers, it's Kings Island. (Which, by the way, is exactly why Cedar Fair bought it!!)

^ i just think a coaster would be a much better investment. Other than LLDOD, SFMM never wastes money on those types of rides and look at how much people love that place. JMHO

Your first five posts on TPR clearly show that you have ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERSTANDING of what makes for a good investment at an amusement park. We understand that you love coasters and we have no trouble with you being a SFMM supporter, but don't continue spewing garbage about how other parks should be run.

If you continue down that road you are only asking for me or one of the other moderators to ban you.

Is this a typical "early entry" crowd? Seem quite large to me, although this is the first time I've seen an early crowd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pic looks like the regular park guests walking in. They let them come into a roped off section of the park (where they're standing) before the park actually opens, but they can't ride anything. However if that is early entry, it seems normal, though I have no idea why they would be standing there.

Been looking at the live cam lately & that's the busiest I've seen it so far this year in that general area,of course I'm never up early enough to check it at that time of day however.

Speaking of the webcam I noticed the time stamp on the clock being EST.Is Sandusky in the eastern timezone vs being in the central timezone?

Okay, a side-topic -

Where exactly is Magnum XL-200's "magic seat" and why is it so hyped up all the time? I've always wondered that.

Coming from someone who worked the ride, the 'Magic Seat' as most people referred to it is the 'ejector' seat for most others: Car 1, Row 3. Your mileage may vary, its either that or the very back (imho).

Some people also swear by the "reverse ejector seat" on Magnum which is simply the first row of the last car, but I chose that once and found it noticeably tamer. And I do know people who insist the back row is actually the best.