TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My longest line was around an hour for Bizarro at Six Flags Great Adventure. Crazy, huh?

Was that this year? If so I completely believe it, and wouldn't be surprised if it was an hour long station wait.

2010, on a July Monday. The queue was full, switchbacks and everything!

Worst Line- Any coaster that assigns seats or makes you wait for an operator to let you in the station.

Longest Line- Ride of Steel Darien Lake (Half of the swichbacks were full)

Slowest Line- (2 Way Tie) Mind Eraser and Ride of Steel Darien Lake (Both should have been a 20 minute wait at the most, but the op on the Mind Eraser took about 5 minutes after every cycle to talk to his friend. On RoS, a lot of big people who couldn't fit kept trying to ride. Both coasters were running one train)

• 5 months later...

I think the slowest line I've waited in was for the Mack water coaster at Tusenfryd. One boat operations made it agonizing. I know others on the trip waited an hour plus and then were told the ride was closing early.

Longest: Kingda Ka. Broke down twice when we were 8 rides away...total wait was 3 hours.

That was due to break downs though, the actual longest straight up line ever was El Toro during fright fest. 2 hours 45 mins.

Batman & Robin the Chiller may have been the worst/slowest. One train shuttle, and had a slow loading time. Even a tiny line would end up 30 minutes and back in the day when it was really popular...oh boy

Big thunder mountain at Disneyland Paris back in 1999 when I was three. Me and my parents waited for over three hours. Apparently I was so bored and irritated that I kicked a woman who was in front of me (completely randomly). Oh, kids...

I remember waiting for around two hours for Space Mountain at Disneyland, and we were stuck forever at the concrete expanse part just before you enter the building. This highlighted for me as well how unimpressive Disneyland's Tomorrowland is. Waited in a queue of similar length over at Splash Mountain, but the queue line and its thematic detail made it bearable.

The longest line ive ever waited in was probably Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa about 2 months after it opened. The wait time was posted as 90 min and i probably waited about 130-140 min. Me and my 7 year old niece were like 30-45 min into the line and it temporaily closed for Technical Difficulties and took about 35-40 min for it to reopen, and it was hot as hell out, over 90F, it was so hot that they were handing out ice cubes to people in line lol.

Another ride i waited in line for a long ass time was a KMG Speed at the Florida State Fair, waited close to 2 hours, since it only holds 8 people at a time and has a duration of about 5 min, and the stupid idiots running the ride only let 4 people at a time.

I waited two YEARS to ride the Bat. Every time I went to KI as a kid i was greeted with the "Sorry, the Bat is not in operation today". It was so bad KI ran ads in the local newspapers listing the days it would be operating. I finally got 3 rides on the same day in 1983. Then they shut it down. I ride it on YouTube now.

Wow, looking back over the years people were complaining about 1hr queues.

I waited nearly 3hrs for Swarm at TP a few weeks after opening. It seemed endless and the sound effect of breaking metal was so loud over the speakers. I heard the fake news report so many times I pretty much memorised it!

Longest though was Saw, again not long after opening. It was a very hot day (for the UK anyway) and there was no shelter at all. It 'broke down' at least 3 times while I was waiting and I had to watch it run empty for at least 30mins. All in all I waited just under 4hrs. Not bad for somebody who doesn't particularly like Eurofighters.

Needless to say I haven't been on since. I'd rather get 3 goes on Colossus .

I waited 3 hours to ride Mean Streak. 2 and a half hours to ride Raptor. Though that was 1998 and Mean Streak was awesome back then.

I waited 4 hours to ride Mission: Space but that is cheating because I wanted to be first in line and it was in the test and adjust phase where it usually opened at 4pm.

I was there yesterday and also saw the very slow dispatches on Superman taking around 5 minutes for each dispatch so I can understand why that must have been a horrible wait. It was a 2 train wait for me and if you count waiting those 2 trains and sitting in the train waiting for it to dispatch the total wait time was around 15 minutes. I rarely ride Superman Ultimate Flight (maybe 5 times a season) and I just hope it was new ride ops getting used to working at the ride and dispatches will be a little faster like they normally are (but still are slow because of the restraints). I would have rather seen them run 1 train since I hate having my head titled down on the brake run waiting for the other train to dispatch and we were sitting on the brake run for around 3 minutes.

On the plus side, Bizarro's crew was the best I have seen in years with no stacking compared to the past few years where they stacked with 2 trains and double stacked with 3 trains almost every time.

SFOG's Deja Vu in 2003... Waited over 2 hours in 90+ degree summer heat with multiple ride breakdowns. We were one cycle away from getting on when the ride broke down again and they cleared the line! Never got on the ride that day.

I waited 2 hours to ride The Rattler at SFFT once. By the time I got to the top level of the queue building, I was so dehydrated and over heated that I passed out. My boyfriend at the time got my up, and told me that we could walk through to the other side but I told him that he must be crazy. No way I was waiting 2 hours without even riding the coaster! So, I sucked it up and rode the damn thing. Probably not one of my best ideas, lol.