TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the lowest capacity rides in the world is the Proslide probowl, with a capacity of 60 per hour. I know this because I got in a line for one of these with 60 people in it. It took an hour. One person goes down the slide, followed by landing in an 8 foot deep pool. They slowly swim to the side, step out of the water, and the next person goes down. It is one of thes most tedious processes of any ride. I'm surprised

Fuji-Q hasn't installed one yet!

Something like this. I went to Adventureland's water park. Their tantrum that they added, I had to wait an hour for because they only let one person down the slide at once, and the slide has speed bumps, so the time goes by slower as well.

You may or may not be aware of the fact that the one person per slide rule is a necessary evil of water parks as there is a legitimate safety issue, and not because America is lawsuit happy, either. It's a real reason this time: They only allow one person down the slide at a time and they wait until that person is out of the water because they need to make sure that that person isn't actually stuck inside the ride somewhere. If they let a 240 pound man collide into a thinner than average eight year old that was just barely tall enough to ride at the high velocities on something like a speed slide, the results will be outright disastrous.

Also, the speed bumps on the tantrums? You need those, too. I went on the one at Darien Lake in 2010. Even after the speed bumps, I went almost vertical, and it was a little scary, because I could feel my unsecured body beginning to fall out due to the roughly zero G's keeping me in the tube at that velocity and angle. If the speed bumps weren't there, I would have gone well past vertical. Although that sounds like a wicked idea, that would have meant that I would have ended up falling out of the tube, with me falling about six to ten feet onto my skull or neck, coming in contact with very hard, high strength Fiberglass, easily paralyzing me, or worse. Unless the slide's land plot has enough room to make consecutively larger funnels (which these seldom ever do) then the speed bumps will always be there.

At Alton Towers Scarefest in October, waited 2.5 hours for Rita, which was heaven compared to the 2 hours I had to wait for Terror of the Towers: annoying 15 year olds in front who were constantly jumping about, throwing and kicking stuff etc. and behind a group of older teenagers, maybe early 20s, jumping about and singing lewd football based songs. I wanted to wring several necks by the time I got in. Worth it though!

Eejanaika. waited over 3 hours. Normally I wouldn't wait over an hour for anything but I had all the other credits in the park already and I had no plans to go back to Fuji-Q in the foreseeable future. If that had been my first time to the park I would have skipped it in order to ride all the other low capacity rides in their park.

I was in Disneyland with my school band the week that Space Mountain opened. The line was something like 5 hours. Some people in my group waited the line but I skipped it knowing that I would be coming back to the park sometime.

TH13RTEEN Openinig day. Waited for a Hour outside the park, then a further hour outside the entrance to the Dark Forest, then, after a stampede down to the ride entrance a further 45 minutes in the queue.

Then I got depressed, Ultimate Rollercoaster my Bottom!

The longest ride que i waited in was SpinballWizzer/Sonic Spinball the year it opened which was about 2 hours. I also waited about an hour for Grand Natonal which during that time they dispatched about 10 trains on my side and when i got right to the front, the people next to me dropped their bottle of water onto the track and the whole coaster had to perform an emergancy stop for about half and hour so they could get the bottle of the track. I also waited for about 3 hours in artic conditions for a halloween maze at Alton Towers and i didn't even get to go in it coz we ran out of time and had to go home.

TH13RTEEN Openinig day. Waited for a Hour outside the park, then a further hour outside the entrance to the Dark Forest, then, after a stampede down to the ride entrance a further 45 minutes in the queue.

Then I got depressed, Ultimate Rollercoaster my Bottom!

My brother went to opening day (he isn't an enthusiast), and he thought it wasn't worth it.

UK horror mazes tend to be bad, I waited in line for the 7 maze at Thorpe Park for 45 minutes, which might not sound bad but there were yobs in front of us abusing the staff, it was freezing cold and the maze was a real dissapointment!

I remember waiting a few hours for Millennium Force before Top Thrill Dragster opened, but at least those lines were worth it. The worst lines I've ever waited for was Face Off/Invertigo at Kings Island during the last season it was under Paramount management. The employees decided to have a party in the operator's booth and turned a 20 min wait into a 90 min wait. That was the first and last time I've ridden it.

I remember once at IOA was in the winding tunnels of 'Duelling Dragons' yes, this was BEFORE the potterization and ruining of the themeing.

It was a coupl'a hours (quite a long time back then I suppose) which, isn't so bad but, we were stuck next to a massive school group of Spanish kids, they would NOT stop screaming at the skulls, bangs and such and winding each other up the ENTIRE TIME...

Yeah that was tough not losing my cool and leaving, so horrendous.

Hmmm.... I'd say Superman at SFMM... They were only running one car that day, and it was boiling hot outside, and then freezing cold inside the tunnels. Annoying.

I'd say the freezing tunnels are the best thing to be waiting for at SFMM, especially in the heat! And they can only run one car per side no matter what.

Recently waited 2 hours for Diamondback. Photo proof below.

The longest I've ever waited for a ride was 3 hours for X2, and the slowest felt like Walt Disney World's Toy Story Spin ride.

IMG_7719.JPG.7b1b6dc0f0602949378191a5b8db115f.JPG

October 15, 2011. The line that stretched past the entrance at Diamondback.

The worst line for me was not necessarily the longest, but it was the most frustrating due to terrible operations. It was tehr super splash at Tusenfryd, Skaff Deg Bilde, that was only running one boat and doing do at a snails pace. Most of te rides there were run terribly the day the TPR Scandi tour visited, but the super splash took the cake.

I'd say Millennium Force in its inaugural year, for which I had to wait almost 4 (four!) hours. The weather was so hot ! It made me sweat like a beast (I think SFStL on Mid Am 2010 is my only souvenir of a hotter day). Fortunately they had tose fans spraying some water and the DJ's did an awesome job to make time appear faster. They even organised dancing mini contests in the lines, and made the winner access the coaster at once ! kind of authorized line jumping

Things that come to mind...

X-2002:Slow operations, 4.5 hours

Maverick-2007:Programming issues, 4 hours

RollerSoaker-2009:slow operations, 30 minutes (which is very long if you only have two groups in front of you)

La Llorona (Maze)-2011:Went to HHN on a Saturday,1.1 hours

Financial Aid Line-LA Trade Tech College:Two hours