TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

Well, that pretty much confirms it's that same piece of theming from SFGAd's Green Lantern.

I'm not a comic book dork, can someone explain to me what it is?

It's what is used to charge the Green Lantern's ring. Assuming it's the same as Gadv's, it'll blink through brightest day and blackest night. I'll end the nerdiness there.

Edit: ^Beat me to it lol

I would also give the edge in coasters to CP.

Nope. I will hand it to CP though, as TTD's launch is stronger than KK's.

But other than that, even Magic Mountain beats CP in terms of coasters. Take Tatsu, Deja Vu and X2 in terms of WTF thrills and forces in general, and they beat out any 3 coaster punch CP has to offer. Yeah the atmosphere at CP is awesome, but the coasters at Six Flags are just better.

I would also give the edge in coasters to CP.

Nope. I will hand it to CP though, as TTD's launch is stronger than KK's.

But other than that, even Magic Mountain beats CP in terms of coasters. Take Tatsu, Deja Vu and X2 in terms of WTF thrills and forces in general, and they beat out any 3 coaster punch CP has to offer. Yeah the atmosphere at CP is awesome, but the coasters at Six Flags are just better.

^So true and we also have riddler too!

I don't mean to drag the whole coasters v. flats debate out, as I like both, but I do have a question. I understand that some coasters aren't that much more than some flats to buy and install, but what's the long-term operating cost difference between the two? With all the complaints about one train operations on the coasters, do the flats experience a comparable amount of downtime due to maintenance? And is there a major difference in maintenance costs between the two? Just curious.

From Six Flags' Facebook:

It takes time to build a Super Coaster … and we need just a little more of it. GREEN LANTERN: First Flight will make its much-anticipated debut Friday, July 1, just in time for the 4th of July holiday weekend.

===================================================================================================

Well, looks like another date pushed.

Edited by djbrcace1234

That's disappointing news, as I was planning on visiting this month and hoping it would be open. Oh well, I'm satisfied with their current collection of coasters, so I don't mind waiting until a later trip to ride it. Sucks for non-So Cal people, though, who were planning on coming a long way to ride it opening day or later this month.

^ Yeah, how dare they make you wait another two weeks. Rides have problems, SFGAM's Deja Vu didn't open until October of its first year, and thats a park thats only open until October! Hell, even MM's roller skater took two years! You're getting a kick ass new coaster that can't be ridden anywhere else in America. I think you can handle another 14 days